SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I spent the better part of an afternoon last weekend shooting a G19 that I rented at the local range. While I shot it well enough, I guess, I just did not like the way that it felt in my hands. It was a gun that I was planning on buying, but I wanted to shoot it first. Glad I did, because I will not be buying it.

Posts: 9 | Location: SoCal | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a Glock 32 and it was ok. Did'nt keep it long enough to name it though. Wink

Semper Fi Gents,
-Joe

Posts: 1429 | Location: Somewhere in Hudspeth Co. | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pompier:
Bought a Glock 32 and it was ok. Did'nt keep it long enough to name it though. Wink

You don't name Glocks. It is Glock 23 Able, Glock 23 Baker, etc. Now for "Valkyrie"...ahhh..... I mean my new H&K P2000; yes, a name is allowed. Wink

Posts: 4063 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being an asshole
posted Hide Post
I'm buying a new glock 22 40cal this weekend it's the new rough texture frame. i have been eye balling it for a couple months and decided i needed one.
for those with big hands like myself this new frame fits way better than the old finger groove ones do.

Posts: 526 | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As has been mentioned many times before, Glocks elicit a strange and powerful response, whether pro or con. Interesting. I wonder If over on the DeWalt forums they're as heated about Makita?

Whether Glocks are "good" or not seems to depend more on our preferences than performance.

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chigekko:
As has been mentioned many times before, Glocks elicit a strange and powerful response, whether pro or con.

I believe it's because uninformed folks constantly talk about Glocks as a cheap alternative to HKs and Sigs. I fell into that catagory back in 1999. After spending much trigger time with Glocks, it became apparent that these guns don't take a back seat to either.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PistolPackingParson
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Para hypnotized me into buy one: a 38. But I'm glad he did.

Si non vis bellum para pacem--Karl Barth

Posts: 2277 | Location: There must have been a river here! | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
Everybody is right, for crying out loud!!! Sigs are beautiful! They are works of art. They are steel and very well-made. None of that detracts from Glocks which, compared to Sigs, are ugly as hell -- unless you're a Glock-lover, that it, in which case they too are beautiful, I guess.

But Sigs are no more beautiful than a Colt 1911 or a Kimber 1911. They're all beautiful and they all work.

But Glocks ARE different beasts and they have a beauty all their own. And even though they're ugly, they have surpassed Sig and Colt in durability and dependability -- otherwise they wouldn't be out there on the hips of thousands of cops, MPs, soldiers, etc. So everybody has a right to feel what they feel about their weapon of choice. That's what makes the world go round.

The reason that Glocks are carried by so many LE agencies is $$$. Glock will under bid the competiton,provide duty holsters,take old weapons in trade, etc just for the publicity of adding another agency to their customer list. They almost give them away......

Posts: 814 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigtastick:
I recently bought a Glock 19. I hate it!

I knew what I was buying and accept it for what it is, a relaible light weight gun.

Ugly is an understatement!

The rear U sight doesn't work with the dot front so I had to swap the sights. Added extended controls and a lighter weight trigger connector and now I have a half decent pistol. Still hate it but I'm keeping it.

It's like an ugly pick-up truck!

How recently did you buy it? I might take it off your hands. I hate to see an unhappy person. Judging by how you feel, you might even pay me to take it.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
quote:
Everybody is right, for crying out loud!!! Sigs are beautiful! They are works of art. They are steel and very well-made. None of that detracts from Glocks which, compared to Sigs, are ugly as hell -- unless you're a Glock-lover, that it, in which case they too are beautiful, I guess.

But Sigs are no more beautiful than a Colt 1911 or a Kimber 1911. They're all beautiful and they all work.

But Glocks ARE different beasts and they have a beauty all their own. And even though they're ugly, they have surpassed Sig and Colt in durability and dependability -- otherwise they wouldn't be out there on the hips of thousands of cops, MPs, soldiers, etc. So everybody has a right to feel what they feel about their weapon of choice. That's what makes the world go round.

The reason that Glocks are carried by so many LE agencies is $$$. Glock will under bid the competiton,provide duty holsters,take old weapons in trade, etc just for the publicity of adding another agency to their customer list. They almost give them away......

Yes, but if Glocks were substandard and didn't perform, law enforcement agencies wouldn't buy 'em. I know because I was in the position of making those decisions. BTW, Glocks weren't on the market yet when I was in that position. I bought my first Glock last year and haven't looked back since. I should also mention that my Sigs are where they've always been -- right here in my inventory.

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happen to like the looks of Glocks-described as "cold and menacing, all business" and that says it all. Yes they are cheap in price cause they cost less to make than other brands. And they do give LE super deals-both individual officer and department wide. Bottom line is they work with a mimimum of maintenance and that is good for LE. A lot of times we work long hours/extended days with out sleep let alone worrying about maintaining a gun. Bill.

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Sarge:
I happen to like the looks of Glocks-described as "cold and menacing, all business" and that says it all. Yes they are cheap in price cause they cost less to make than other brands. And they do give LE super deals-both individual officer and department wide. Bottom line is they work with a mimimum of maintenance and that is good for LE. A lot of times we work long hours/extended days with out sleep let alone worrying about maintaining a gun. Bill.

Correct. I'd hate to engage a bad guy only to have him say, "Oh, Officer, I see you have one of those beautiful Sigs. May I please have a look at it before you take me in?"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I knew what I was buying and accept it for what it is, a relaible light weight gun.

The rear U sight doesn't work with the dot front so I had to swap the sights. Added extended controls and a lighter weight trigger connector and now I have a half decent pistol. Still hate it but I'm keeping it.

How recently did you buy it? I might take it off your hands. I hate to see an unhappy person. Judging by how you feel, you might even pay me to take it.

Never said I was unhappy with it, just hate it!

I'm not selling it and plan to keep it long term. I upgraded just about all the annoying little parts that should never have come with the gun. I will learn to love it!

Sigtastick

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never said I was unhappy with it, just hate it!

I'm not selling it and plan to keep it long term. I upgraded just about all the annoying little parts that should never have come with the gun. I will learn to love it!

Sigtastick

Aw, shucks! Good man, tho...

posted Hide Post
The Glock 19 is the AK-47 of the handgun world. It is not beautiful, super ergonomic, sniper rifle accurate...but it is good enough to get the job done with minimal training and maintenance.

Mr. kalashnakov said "The best is the enemy of good enough" and I believe that could apply to the Glock. It is not the best at anything...but it is good enough.

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to hunt insurgents and give him a fish, you can win a war with enough fish.

Posts: 3045 | Location: CONUS | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FedDC:
The Glock 19 is the AK-47 of the handgun world. It is not beautiful, super ergonomic, sniper rifle accurate...but it is good enough to get the job done with minimal training and maintenance.

Mr. kalashnakov said "The best is the enemy of good enough" and I believe that could apply to the Glock. It is not the best at anything...but it is good enough.

You sir are my new best friend! i could not have worded it better!! if i could only choose 2 weapons , it would be my ak and my glock. they just really get me goin! can get enough of them. good goin sir!

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patrolman175
posted Hide Post
Para, you were right, I just purchased 2 Glocks, whats come over me! LOL, 2 Glock 21SF's!

Posts: 520 | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Hell, I even own a couple, a 26 and a 19.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31446 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Hell, I even own a couple, a 26 and a 19.

(Gasp) All forum owners/mods are Glock owners? It's too much even to consider.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

The hell I will! Glocks are ugly cheap crap. Give me a Sig or HK and that will be my girlfriend!

Posts: 996 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post