SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Good groups TFR.

Many thanks!

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have joined the tactical Tupperware dark side. G23

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rgrad80:
I've been shooting handguns for over 22 years now. I probably average between 8-10,000 rounds a year between training and the range.

My opinions are definitely not more valid than anyone else's, but they are based on my personal experiences while shooting.

If you love your Glocks, that is great, but making them out to be the god of guns is silly.

I've only had my 229 for a few months, shot about 3,000 rounds through it now, and love it. I bought a Glock, put about 500 rounds through it, and to me it's clearly not on the same playing field as the sig.

I also have a Walther P99 I wouldn't trade for a Glock.

Who knows, maybe after a few thousand more rounds my opinion of the Glock will change.

Yes, you my friend, need to shoot the Glorp platform some more. I love my Sigs, carried them for over 10 years, but find the Glock platform suits my needs for all aspects of personal protection. I'm on my second round with Glocks. First being .40 in the early 90's. That didn't work out for me and I tried for 8 years. 9mm works for me now.
And who said they were the "gods of guns"? I have other platforms for those gods. The Glocks are just very portable, adaptable, easily maintained and the magazine interchangeability is a big deal to me....is my spell check on? Lol hail to the Glorp gods Smile

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I bought my first Glock as a range toy

They're insidious, what you described is exactly what happened to me. I bought my first Glock just to try one out. The next thing I know the SIG I was carrying had been replaced by a Glock...and I now have more Glocks then any other handgun.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I traded my first G23 with the unlined mags and some cash for a 1985 Bronco. Then carried my P220 for over 10 years. The Sig would easily rust

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same experience here TFR, bought a Gen 4 26, shot it very well first time out. Glocks are now my favorites. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Glocks . I have the 17, 21 and 22, all Gen 4s. As someone mentioned earlier , mine have names too: the 17 is " Little boy", the 22 is " Black beauty" and the 45 is " Fat man"

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Airborne brat:
I love my Glocks . I have the 17, 21 and 22, all Gen 4s. As someone mentioned earlier , mine have names too: the 17 is " Little boy", the 22 is " Black beauty" and the 45 is " Fat man"

Welcome to the forum and particularly this thread... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Glock G30S on the way!

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I picked up my Gen 2.5 G33 today..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

1Lowlife.... Howdy!
G33 Have you taken it out yet?
Been holding off on a 33 til I hear your report. I'd be interested to know the difference between your 26 in comparison if you don't mind as well... I'm going to get one or the other and appreciate your opinion as always...
Ranger20

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I picked up my Gen 2.5 G33 today..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

1Lowlife.... Howdy!
G33 Have you taken it out yet?
Been holding off on a 33 til I hear your report. I'd be interested to know the difference between your 26 in comparison if you don't mind as well... I'm going to get one or the other and appreciate your opinion as always...
Ranger20

No, not yet..
Very busy..

I'll post some target pics and a range report when I get time..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Cool Thanks!

Picture of MPDrunner
posted Hide Post
Well I certainly sold my Glock. So I guess I did buy a Glock at one point.

"The body is healthy when the heart is at ease."

Posts: 1154 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Jonesing really bad for a G42, and still have yet to see one in person....

May go on the hunt this weekend.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge...
There is one listed in SIGForum Classifieds.

I've played with them at SHOT and our Local GS. They are tempting. They are an odd size kind of too big for everyday pocket carry unless it was cargo shorts... but IWB would be simple. If it was just for shooting fun in 380 that would be a cinch. I just have different choices for CCW that I prefer so I've not got one yet.. Prob should grab one... as our Single Shot Exemption is prob history with GOV MoonBeam (Brown)in office and a bill on his desk... When you get yours do a range report Smile

Picture of Hunterex
posted Hide Post
I keep reading the thread title and thinking "No."

This pistol here is like the big Velociraptor in Jurassic Park. i.e, but when she came in she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others. It's about the only center fire pistol I have left and is the reason I haven't been interested in purchasing any more. Haven't needed to. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I want to dislike this thing. Really, I do.

Posts: 102 | Registered: November 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
Same experience here TFR, bought a Gen 4 26, shot it very well first time out. Glocks are now my favorites. MG

I hear ya! I need some more time with a 26 before I pick one up. Already wanting another 17 or a 19 now. Recently received a Milt Sparks VM-2 IWB holster for the 17 from Top Gun Supply that I'm breaking-in. I'm looking forward to shooting IDPA matches again soon with this pistol.

I'm just back from another range outing. Limited myself to just 100 rounds today through the 17 as I had some other items to range-test...played a little "tough-love" and brought ONLY that much 9mm ammo...it was tough to stop at only 100!

Results of 50 of those rounds below, 7-10 yards. I don't post pics like this to boast of my skill; I know there are folks - including some I personally know from this Forum - who can shoot better, faster, and at greater distance with a Glock and / or numerous other offerings. For me, the Glocks (especially the 17 and 19) really shoot better more easily and more consistently than any other handgun I've tried so far.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Jonesing really bad for a G42, and still have yet to see one in person....

May go on the hunt this weekend.

they are very nice. I highly recommend you prepare yourself to buy it before you shoot it. Because after you do you will want it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
Maybe I won't get a Glock...

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gandog56:
Maybe I won't get a Glock...

You haven't spent enough time in this thread... It's filled with people saying the same thing, albeit in a slightly less confrontational way. Roll Eyes Big Grin

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post