SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Dark Side won ove me, Im just bought a G 19.

Yes, I find Glock`s grip a bit ackward and probably I will give her a trial time to see if I can get used to, but Glock`s other virtudes whon me over after toying with the idea over a decade.

Sig P 220-1, S&W 640, S&W M 12, S&W M 17-3, S&W 18, S&W M 14, Glock 19 3 Gen, Remington M 870.

Posts: 646 | Location: Panama city, Panama | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brymb5sig:
The glock may be a fine sidearm, but they do not fit my hands. Not something I see me buying.

That's what I thought too, for many years. And you're likely to always feel that way as long as you switch back and forth and constantly compare Glocks to 1911s or, for instance, a Sig 225 and some other single stack. No question, Glocks are different, but a P226 is different from a single stack 1911. Most gun hands that shoot a lot can get used to anything.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brymb5sig:
The glock may be a fine sidearm, but they do not fit my hands. Not something I see me buying.

Perhaps if this comes true...
http://www.gunsholstersandgear...ip-models-announced/

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If Glocks are so good why are Glock fans so loud ?
I for myself shall surly not buy a Glock.
At least in this life ..

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave-40:
I for myself shall surly not buy a Glock.
Is English your first language?

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arturius
posted Hide Post
Okay, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! Have to get a Glock 19, will someone trade me theirs (LNIB)w night sights for my NIB Sig 2022??

Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar

Posts: 840 | Location: Georgia | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh...

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G27/G22:
Ah, sorry but as an ex-Glock owner (note my handle), I can say definitively that Sigs are in a totally different league. Sold my Glocks, bought twice as many Sigs and will never, ever buy or own another Glock.

Different leaque in what way? Price? Weight?
You're right, Sigs do cost more and weigh more.
I know Sigs are not more dependable or reliable so what else could it be?
It must be ease of maintenance and rust resistance. Well.... wait a minute, Glocks are better in that regard so that can't be it. I know, it's shootability then. Sigs dominate IDPA and are used by the top shooters to win world titles. Shit, Thats Glock i'm thinking about. Give me some time G27/G22 and i'll figure out your "totally different league" statement! Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jupiter,

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by G27/G22:
Ah, sorry but as an ex-Glock owner (note my handle), I can say definitively that Sigs are in a totally different league. Sold my Glocks, bought twice as many Sigs and will never, ever buy or own another Glock.

Different leaque in what way? Price? Weight?
You're right, Sigs do cost more and weigh more.
I know Sigs are not more dependable or reliable so what else could it be?
It must be ease of maintenance and rust resistance. Well.... wait a minute, Glocks are better in that regard so that can't be it. I know, it's shootability then. Sigs dominate IDPA and are used by the top shooters to win world titles. Shit, Thats Glock i'm thinking about. Give me some time G27/G22 and i'll figure out your "totally different league" statement! Razz

I've got it. Firepower!!!!!
Sigs hold more rounds right?
Let's see, my P226/229s .40 holds 13 rounds.
My Glock 22 holds 16 rounds.
16 - 13 = 3
Nope, it's not firepower! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jupiter,

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP was only partly right - I did buy a Glock. But, I got rid of it soon thereafter. It reminded me of an International pickup my Dad bought when I was a teenager - It got the job done but, it was ugly and uncomfortable. I certainly never took it on a date!

66 Years of shooting and still asking!

Posts: 116 | Location: Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Everybody is right, for crying out loud!!! Sigs are beautiful! They are works of art. They are steel and very well-made. None of that detracts from Glocks which, compared to Sigs, are ugly as hell -- unless you're a Glock-lover, that it, in which case they too are beautiful, I guess.

But Sigs are no more beautiful than a Colt 1911 or a Kimber 1911. They're all beautiful and they all work.

But Glocks ARE different beasts and they have a beauty all their own. And even though they're ugly, they have surpassed Sig and Colt in durability and dependability -- otherwise they wouldn't be out there on the hips of thousands of cops, MPs, soldiers, etc. So everybody has a right to feel what they feel about their weapon of choice. That's what makes the world go round.

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
Everybody is right, for crying out loud!!! Sigs are beautiful! They are works of art. They are steel and very well-made. None of that detracts from Glocks which, compared to Sigs, are ugly as hell -- unless you're a Glock-lover, that it, in which case they too are beautiful, I guess.

But Sigs are no more beautiful than a Colt 1911 or a Kimber 1911. They're all beautiful and they all work.

But Glocks ARE different beasts and they have a beauty all their own. And even though they're ugly, they have surpassed Sig and Colt in durability and dependability -- otherwise they wouldn't be out there on the hips of thousands of cops, MPs, soldiers, etc. So everybody has a right to feel what they feel about their weapon of choice. That's what makes the world go round.

Now having said all this, I must say that Old Guy's statement is one of the funniest I've seen! I'm still laughing!

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Now having said all this, I must say that Old Guy's statement is one of the funniest I've seen! I'm still laughing!

The edit button and the quote button are hard to tell apart, I see.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
quote:

The edit button and the quote button are hard to tell apart, I see.

Correct! I'm an old guy too!

More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
Well, one thing for sure some people think way too much to own a pistol like a Glock. For some, bullshit over-analyzing is de riguer when choosing a sidearm.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
Well, one thing for sure some people think way too much to own a pistol like a Glock. For some, bullshit over-analyzing is de riguer when choosing a sidearm.

HUNH??

66 Years of shooting and still asking!

Posts: 116 | Location: Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Guy:

HUNH??

quote:
The OP was only partly right - I did buy a Glock. But, I got rid of it soon thereafter. It reminded me of an International pickup my Dad bought when I was a teenager - It got the job done but, it was ugly and uncomfortable. I certainly never took it on a date!

63 Years of shooting!

Exactly.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by Old Guy:

HUNH??

quote:

63 Years of shooting!

Exactly.

Brought a smile to my face, brother... Big Grin

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G23 once. The trigger safety beat the hell out of my index finger, the trigger guard beat the hell out of my middle finger, even after several hundred rounds it would still jamb every other mag regardless of ammo and I just couldn't get past the ugly. NEVER again!!

Smile

Posts: 570 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a Glock 19. I hate it!

I knew what I was buying and accept it for what it is, a relaible light weight gun.

Ugly is an understatement!

The rear U sight doesn't work with the dot front so I had to swap the sights. Added extended controls and a lighter weight trigger connector and now I have a half decent pistol. Still hate it but I'm keeping it.

It's like an ugly pick-up truck!

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post