SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Hi. My name is PorterN... and I own a few glocks... whats more is that... I love them.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
To each his own. Wink

Peace to all my Glock loving friends.

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not think I would ever go back, but I'll be darned if I have not been looking for a Glock 19 to try.

There seems to be a small voice inside that is telling me to sell some Sigs (keep my 228) and buy some Glocks.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I did not think I would ever go back, but I'll be darned if I have not been looking for a Glock 19 to try.

There seems to be a small voice inside that is telling me to sell some Sigs (keep my 228) and buy some Glocks.

Get thee to a rental range!

No, seriously. Do some A/B'ing with your non-228 Sigs and some Glocks. The proof is in the shooting. The same test had me dump all but my West German P220 en masse and shift over to the Glock.

Posts: 17195 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

After getting Glockitus, I sold a railed P226 Navy, a P229 SAS, and one of my P239s and bought Glocks with the money.. Big Grin
No regrets, whatsoever...

The only Sigs I want now are West German, owning a P226 and P220.
But that is being discussed in another thread... Wink

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
During Christmas I was sighting in one of my AR's and putting my new Shield through its paces. My uncle shows up with a G19 Gen 4 brand new and he let me shoot it first. I have to say, it felt better in my hand shooting it then it did fondling in the gun store. It was dead nuts accurate but I still end up favoring my SP2022 which is equally accurate. Maybe one day I will get tricked but I'm still holding strong.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Someone finally bought my 938, so the Glock 26 is on order.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

that is exactly what I did.

It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Posts: 235 | Registered: May 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buck2040:
quote:

that is exactly what I did.

I did too..
But I am on the search for a WG P228 I'll be buying sometime this year... Wink
Also still on the lookout for that pristine Gen 1 G17.. Big Grin

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Hello,
My name is smithnsig, and I own a
Glock.

I at
One time swore to never own one of these vile mechanical beasts.

I have a glock 19.

I have not shot myself in the leg.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wilberforce:
Never had a Glock, never will. Razz

You might think differently, if you carry on a daily basis.

Glock benefits will amaze you.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
quote:

i said i would never have a glock about 5 years ago, over that time i came to appreciate what they offered overall as a gun, but that they where just not for me.

then i picked up a G19 Gen 4, and it fit me better than any Glock previously, so now i can say i own a Glock.

my next thoughts are trading my M&P40c in on a G23 Gen 4, or a 30s if i could ever find one.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
quote:

Then again, on the chance than SIG actually gets the upcoming P320 nuts-on right out of the box, it might be possible to never ever own any other plastic fantastic striker.

Like ever. (voiced in preteen female drama queen drone for dramatic emphasis)

What in blazes am I typing? Get REAL; SIG's QC would be absolutely nowhere without their poor gullible beta testers...er, um...early adopters.

Still waiting for that subcomp single stack nine...Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Then again, on the chance than SIG actually gets the upcoming P320 nuts-on right out of the box, it might be possible to never ever own any other plastic fantastic striker.

A striker-fired P250 is the way it has been described in the press releases thus far. Add to that Sig's MSRP of $700+, and I predict another (arguable) failure like the P250.

Sig can't seem to understand that the major reason Glock are successful with both LEOs and the public is the reliability and simplicity at a good price point.

The P250 could have been a real success (perhaps as successful as the M&P has been for S&W) if it had been released, marketed, and priced appropriately. Instead, it was released too early without product or parts support and questionable reliability. By the time Sig knocked the price down appropriately, it was too late.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sasquatch28,

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
^ this. Glock while not my first choice really kills all with their part and magazine costs. Magz are $22-23 a pop, non-serrated triggers are $10, and things like RSA's, connectors, and springs are very inexpensive as well. Holster and accessory availability up the ass as well. This new platform, even if it is perfect will be a tall mountain to climb and they are very late to the dance.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An olive drab g21 gen 4 came up for sale locally, private party. It's a big PITA to get a gen 4 in Ca if your not LE, therefore It's priced about a 150-200 over a gen 3 g21 (I own one). I just came here to see if the enablers here will push me Over the edge.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
An olive drab g21 gen 4 came up for sale locally, private party. It's a big PITA to get a gen 4 in Ca if your not LE, therefore It's priced about a 150-200 over a gen 3 g21 (I own one). I just came here to see if the enablers here will push me Over the edge.

I'm not too big on poop colored frames, but if it floats your boat, DO IT..
DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:

Seriously man, just do it. Do it NOW! Wink

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I was shooting revolvers (1960-70's), I said I'd never buy a 1911. Then, after I was shooting 1911's, I said I'd never buy a DA/SA. Then, two years ago, after shooting Sig DA/SA's...I bought a Glock (G34). And then another Glock (G19).

Now, at 71, I never use the word "never". Wink

I still like my revolvers, 1911's and Sigs...and my new Glocks. Room at the inn for everybody.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just replaced all the springs in the G19 due to unknown round count. Went to my LGS to see if they had a G30S, sadly, none to be found. Then again, I love how the 9mm versions shoot.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post