SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
The 6" KKM I bought for my G20 drops in, although if I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't buy it because, all other things being equal, the gain in velocity and energy isn't that much. But if a person obsesses about those things, I suppose it would be worth it.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by acidjazz:
When I first got into guns and first wanted to purchase a handgun, I was in the market for a Glock 17. I was young, the only name I knew was Glock.
For some reason the price of Glocks (here in Canada) were obscene at the time, so I couldn't afford one, as a broke 18 year old student.

Somebody who was into guns said to me, "If you're still looking, my friend is selling his Sig Sauer" and I said, "Sig Sauer? What's that? Is it any good?"
He said, "Uh...YES!"
At the time I was new to guns, didn't know an H&K from a HI-point and this mysterious sounding gun was out of my knowledge realm.
Needless to say, I wanted a gun and was giving up on my Glock pipe dream. So I drove to his house, checked it out, gave him the money for it and he transferred it into my name ala the National Firearms Registry.

I didn't realize what I had purchased was so sought after. All I know is that it functioned flawlessly.
It was my only gun at the time. I would go to the range, open a small case with a single handgun, a box of bulk 9 millimeter ammunition, and shoot.

However, I am a huge proponent of the whole, "Go with your first choice" thing, so I had to get a Glock eventually. They still had allure to me. Their simplistic design, reliability, durability, controversy around myths surrounding it.

But I kept the Sig, too, and added another one to the collection this weekend.
I've thought about selling my Sig off but it's my first gun and I can't bear to do that!

Variety is the spice of life, and my Glock and Sig live together as friends.

Great picture it really shows off the differences in the rifling between the two weapons. Unintended consequence but thanks for posting it.

Posts: 12485 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally off topic, but I figure this the place to go for Glock questions. I'm interested in a G20, but I'd like to get a Gen 4 (dual recoil spring,rtf,blah blah - but I want one). Has anyone heard any news of when a G20 Gen 4 might be released?
Ps. Thanks for your time. Looking at giving Glock a second go-around.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Can't answer your specific question, but good choice on the G20. Be sure and check out the G20SF (short frame). Not much difference there but I notice and seem to like it.

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Clueless
posted Hide Post
All glocks are slated to make a Gen4 appearance. Just dont know when. Gen3 was such a flop, theyre taking it slow.

Posts: 7 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Borninfire:
Gen3 was such a flop...
Come again?

Posts: 107847 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
All glocks are slated to make a Gen4 appearance. Just dont know when. Gen3 was such a flop, theyre taking it slow.

Re change. it is inevtable and the Latin phrase "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" applies to guns as well. Re Gen 3s being flops, ab absurdo a capite ad calcem applies to you, sir.

Clueless
posted Hide Post
a couple of examples,

The scalloped slide serrations were designed to face <<<, but it was manufactured in reverse, as >>> Smile , believe it or not - the RTF finish was HATED by the general public, it would blister your hands and prematurely wear your grips. You could draw blood if you drag it across your knuckles. We had a really hard time selling them for a long time, eventually we just started ordering GEN2 glocks which sold fine. Now that we carry Gen2 and Gen4 glocks, the Gen4 have been extremely popular. They move well. Glock even redesigned their Gen3 to look like Gen2's on some models. AKA no RTF and no backwards scallops.

Posts: 7 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Clueless
posted Hide Post
By the way jj, you move pretty quickly to talk shit. Im just telling you what I KNOW from talking with friends at glock, and other gun store managers. The finger grooves were extremely unpopular, the RTF was a menace and the serrations were fabbed backwards Smile No amount of latin makes these truths go away. Im not afraid of change, I embrace it. I mentioned we all love the Gen4's. Bad design for the sake of change is crap.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The scalloped slide serrations were designed to face <<<, but it was manufactured in reverse, as >>> Smile
Let me ask you something- do you know the year that Generation 3 Glocks were introduced on the commercial market?

Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Gen3 was such a flop...
Come again?

Cruel Para Wink Big Grin

Borninfire, keep digging Wink

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Well before folks get nasty....
The calling from the dark side is strong this month.
This makes #2 in 2 weeks, after 20years away from them. Smile
A G27 first and a G30 today.
Need to clock somemore overtime...need more mags & some good gun leather!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
nice scores Grump.....the DarkSide has it's claws in ya!

Posts: 3555 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The scalloped slide serrations were designed to face <<<, but it was manufactured in reverse, as >>> Smile
Let me ask you something- do you know the year that Generation 3 Glocks were introduced on the commercial market?

And when they quit producing the Gen 2 Glocks as well.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We have a confusion in terminology I'd like to clear up.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Someone is very confused...

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7971 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This link gives a pretty thorough history of Glock handguns.

http://glock.pro/glock-pistols...story-evolution.html

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have a confusion in terminology I'd like to clear up.

I'd say that is an understatement for sure! I wouldn' mind ordering a few GEN2 guns myself that I didn't buy about 15 years ago Smile

Posts: 249 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: December 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Clueless
posted Hide Post
Youre all morons. Everyone knows Gaston Glock filed his first texas patent for the Glock 17 in 1977. Shortly thereafter, primarily due to influence of Bill Ruger, then the leader of the american Nazi Party, Gaston moved the Glock Operation to Austria, a long time favorite vacation destination of Adolph Hiter and Mr. Ruger respectfully.

During a poker match in 1991, Gaston lost the exclusive rights to the Glock exclusive '3 pin geometry' (texas patent #138013807569) to Baron Sig Von Sauer who made hundreds of dollars manufacturing a mostly steel variant of the Glock called the P9. The first 17 of these incredible pistols were reserved for the honorable reverend Oliver North personally as a slap in the face to Gaston Glock, the degenerate gambler bastard that he is. 17, being Mr. Glock's lucky number and the name of his 17th patent, which happened to be a pistol.

Fun fact: The number 17 was consistently examined by the late Aelister Crowley as a gematric code being easily translated to 'never trust a fucking hippie' or 'forehead of god'

For more information, please PM me directly. We surely have much to discuss.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Youre all morons.
Too easy.

OK, buh-bye now!

Here's one of my Third Generation Glocks, a G17 produced in September, 1998, and purchased by me in February, 1999.

Now, class, what conclusion can we draw from the information I've just provided?

quote:
For more information, please PM me directly. We surely have much to discuss.
PM inbound, ya twit! Razz