SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I thought I had all I needed, I have one of every 9mm version. But then I recently tried a .357 P229... now the itch is on for a G32

You won't regret it. My G32 is my favorite!

Posts: 3679 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I thought I had all I needed, I have one of every 9mm version. But then I recently tried a .357 P229... now the itch is on for a G32

You won't regret it. My G32 is my favorite!

I love mine too.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Anyone having problems finding Gen4s in any sort of quantity? Seem to be in short supply around here; lots of Gen3s but not nearly as many Gen4s floating about.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Anyone having problems finding Gen4s in any sort of quantity? Seem to be in short supply around here; lots of Gen3s but not nearly as many Gen4s floating about.

I bought my first glock a week ago, G19 gen 4 from kentucky gun comp. 509.00 shipped..

have seen plenty locally here in charlotte, NC

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
quote:

I bought my first glock a week ago, G19 gen 4 from kentucky gun comp. 509.00 shipped..

Thanks. Looks like they're out of the G20 Gen4 that I've been on lookout for for a customer. We've been out and a while back I sent him to a couple of our competitors and he got the same answer: all out. Similar results around here for other popular Glocks like the Gen4 9mms, G23 and others. Have to check with a couple of our lesser (aka 'more expensive') distributors to see what they have I guess.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Para was right.

After having students and friends ask about them constantly, and after shooting a couple Glocks belonging to a friend (and shooting them pretty well), I picked up a Model 19 Gen 3, along with a Bladetech holster and a third mag.

I picked it up Friday and shot 105 rounds through it Saturday morning. First target was shot at 7rds with center-of-mass hold. The other two targets were 7 and 10yds respectively, holding 6 o'clock. But I still think the rear sight needs a slight drift.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The prophecy fulfilled.

Posts: 109256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rexster:
......During a short range session, I did not shoot it as well as my G17. Probably, the factory-new trigger, with internals not yet worn smooth, plus the slightly shorter grip came into play, as a G17-length grip anchors into the heel of my long-ish hand a bit better. Plus, I am not a "natural" shooter; if a new gun changes just one variable, I will need some time to adjust......

I'm relatively new to Glocks (2011 Gen4 G34), but not to handguns (50 years). Bought a Gen4 G19 two months ago. I found the grips to be distinctly different. With no adapters, they also shot somewhat differently in fast defensive drills from the holster. Both guns are stock, with the exception of Warren Tactical black/black on top.

However, after a little bit of range time and testing, I ended up with the following:

1) Gen4 G34. Installed a GripForce Adapter. Did not use any of the Glock backstraps.

2) Gen4 G19. No additional backstraps of any kind.

My hands are relatively small, so they don't get along with the larger adapters. What was surprising to me was that the the above setup offset the G19/G34 grip differences. They both shoot the same for me now. Technically, I have no idea why. They just do.

My conclusion is that it behooves Gen4 owners to spend some time shooting with the various backstrap options. There are at least six options: No adapter, Glock M or L, Glock M or L beavertail and the GripForce adapter. Don't go by the subjective "feel". Shoot them and take notes. Paper never lies.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I recently sold my G23 OD to finance my new P229. But I really miss it and want to buy another one. Is this bad??

What kills me is that it's easy to find a G23, but not in OD! AAAAAAHHH!

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
Is this bad??
No, it is not bad. It is written.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
quote:

If you are LE or Military (both either active or retired) you can order direct from Glock under their "Blue Label" program (still must be shipped to a FFL for you to take possession)

Got my G19 Gen 4 with night sights for $454 out the door. Took six months tho'.

Posts: 63 | Location: Fort Myers, Florida  | Registered: January 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
For any of you that buy one and don't like it, try a grip force adapter before you get rid of it. I despised the old G23 I had and got rid of it quickly, but today I shot a G19 with the adapter and it was a huge improvement. There are still many I like more than a Glock, but with the adapter I might someday pick up a G19 if nothing else for its historical significance in design and I'll have to admit PRa was right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I purchased back a Gen4 19 from my son. Now I have 2..
Fact is I chose to use the 19 for CCW vs my Colt Commander.
A few years ago that would have been a tough choice.. old and set in my ways..

It was logical and an easy decision now.
GLOCKS just Work.. DUH!

• Gen 3 Glock 26
  • Gen 4 Glock 19 FDE...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been browsing this thread for a while, and was not sure about all of the Glock love. I went to my range and shot the G17 and G19 (Gen3 and Gen4). I am ready to cross over to the dark side.

Just not sure if I should get Gen3 or 4? Local shop has a used (ever so slightly) G19 Gen4 for $499 w/ 3 mags and the Gen 3 for $540.

------------------------------
U.S. Navy
SACLANT 1997-1999
VF-213 1999-2001

Posts: 124 | Location: Delaware | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
I got the G19 Gen 3 pictured above for $499 at The Armory here in VB. They were $550 at Bass Pro locally. I'd look around, you should be able to save some over that $540 price. Or go for the lightly used Gen 4.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saindo:
I have been browsing this thread for a while, and was not sure about all of the Glock love. I went to my range and shot the G17 and G19 (Gen3 and Gen4). I am ready to cross over to the dark side.

Just not sure if I should get Gen3 or 4? Local shop has a used (ever so slightly) G19 Gen4 for $499 w/ 3 mags and the Gen 3 for $540.

Email sent

Posts: 7406 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
LGS has a Christmas sale going on. $100 off all Glocks. Bought a Gen 3 G19 for $449.00 out the door. I may go back and get another one or maybe a Gen 3 G17.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again the Glock sang its song to me, and now a Gen 4 17 has joined the stable! I gotta say I'm impressed with the new grip texture and trigger, I added the small grip adaptor w/ extended tang and it fits my hand better than my old Gen 2 19!!@.@!
Can't wait to try it out!!
Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 476 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
For any of you that buy one and don't like it, try a grip force adapter before you get rid of it. I despised the old G23 I had and got rid of it quickly, but today I shot a G19 with the adapter and it was a huge improvement. There are still many I like more than a Glock, but with the adapter I might someday pick up a G19 if nothing else for its historical significance in design and I'll have to admit PRa was right.

I rented one recently among a bunch of other guns in 9mm. A 23 was my first pistol 20 years ago and I never got along with it and have never liked them since. People push them so hard (some times annoyingly so) that I usually rent a 23,27,32 or 33 once every time a new gen comes out. Shot a 27 last year and was done with it after a mag. I just hate them in 40.

So my range had a gen4 19 but no backstrap on it, same grip angle, yuck. But I asked for the box, tried a medium beavertail and with that on it, and for the first time ever, a Glorp felt ok in the hand. Blew a little over hundred rounds through it and it shot well. While I don't like them in 40, the 9mm was definitely softer and I liked how it shot. Gen4 trigger feels better than the older ones and those beaver tails transformed the grip and awkward angle.

I shot it consistently a little high and a little left so any ideas? If I can solve that coming from metal Sigs they might be on the radar for the first time in two decades.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just got number 7....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10757 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post