SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I rented one recently among a bunch of other guns in 9mm. A 23 was my first pistol 20 years ago and I never got along with it and have never liked them since. People push them so hard (some times annoyingly so) that I usually rent a 23,27,32 or 33 once every time a new gen comes out. Shot a 27 last year and was done with it after a mag. I just hate them in 40.

So my range had a gen4 19 but no backstrap on it, same grip angle, yuck. But I asked for the box, tried a medium beavertail and with that on it, and for the first time ever, a Glorp felt ok in the hand. Blew a little over hundred rounds through it and it shot well. While I don't like them in 40, the 9mm was definitely softer and I liked how it shot. Gen4 trigger feels better than the older ones and those beaver tails transformed the grip and awkward angle.

I shot it consistently a little high and a little left so any ideas? If I can solve that coming from metal Sigs they might be on the radar for the first time in two decades.

I don't like any handgun chambered in .40 S&W round.
Owned 4 of them (P229, XD40 Service, Gen 2 G22, G27) and eventually sold them all.
The only good .40 S&W handgun is one that you do a barrel swap and run 357sig in it... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
After I get the wife her .22, I'll be adding a G20 to the collection.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
That's the way to do it giz ... Big Grin

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Sarge:
I always went back and forth shooting Glocks and other pistols and never had a problem with the Glock grip angle. That grip really shines when you up the speed of shooting. Truth is I have worked with or carried some type of Glock model going on 22 years now. Been on a real HK kick the past few years but the Glock 19 is pulling me back towards it. You just can't beat the Glock: a reliable, durable light weight bullet launcher that shoots good, is cost effective and any one can easily replace parts on. Good corrosion resistance ices the cake. Bill

I'm right there with ya, Bill. Have always shot glock for years, and like you, have had a love affair with hk, and sig as well. But am gravitating back to the 17/19. The damn things just work and you can buy 2 for the price of one hk or sig. What's not to like?

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gascan
posted Hide Post
This thread/prophecy is scary good. Started out with a P229 because I liked the way it sat in my hand, unlike the 3rd gen Glocks I've handled. Recently tried a 4th gen G23 at the range and did pretty damn good with it (if I say so myself); sort-of frightened myself that I may shoot better with a Glock than the Sig. Well, not a week goes by and I picked up a G26 gen 4. Didn't see this coming.

Posts: 135 | Location: Sunny St. Pete | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I thought I had all I needed, I have one of every 9mm version. But then I recently tried a .357 P229... now the itch is on for a G32

You won't regret it. My G32 is my favorite!

I love the 32, instant love. Now I need a 31. Once again I ask myself why I own anything other than a Glock

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once again I ask myself why I own anything other than a Glock

I've been asking myself the same question recently... Confused

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I must be in the minority. While I know the Glock is a quality pistol, I simply can't warm up to it.
I do own one (G-19 Gen 3) but I got it for free. I don't think I'll ever plunk down cash to purchase one.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
On second thought I may go back to the LGS and see if they can get me a Gen 3 G33 for a good deal. Hummmmm......

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well here is the first Glock (G19 Gen4) i have ever owned, but not last.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
I thought I had all I needed, I have one of every 9mm version. But then I recently tried a .357 P229... now the itch is on for a G32

You won't regret it. My G32 is my favorite!

I love the 32, instant love. Now I need a 31. Once again I ask myself why I own anything other than a Glock

You guys need to ease up on the 357sig talk... Mad

Years ago I had a 40cal P229, bought a 357sig barrel and never ran 40 thru it again. Cool
Since being into Glocks I've had G32 and G31 thoughts in the back of my head.
I'm trying to suppress these urges, but all this talk are bringing them to the forefront.
The fact I'd have to buy 357sig ammo online, never see it around, is one of the only things stopping me.
I loved shooting 357sig round, the most fun I've had shooting a handgun.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
You guys need to ease up on the 357sig talk... Mad

Years ago I had a 40cal P229, bought a 357sig barrel and never ran 40 thru it again. Cool
Since being into Glocks I've had G32 and G31 thoughts in the back of my head.
I'm trying to suppress these urges, but all this talk are bringing them to the forefront.
The fact I'd have to buy 357sig ammo online, never see it around, is one of the only things stopping me.
I loved shooting 357sig round, the most fun I've had shooting a handgun.. Big Grin

Weee! Buds is shipping my G4 G32 today!!! Razz

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Wife got me a 34 for Christmas, number 4 and counting...

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Tommorow I am on my way to put my money down for a new Gen4 19.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Wife got me a 34 for Christmas, number 4 and counting...

Let us name her "The Good Wife".... Big Grin

Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Yes ... tis the season. Merry Glockmas.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"So let it be written, so let it be DONE!"Wink
Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always said, glocks are ugly, blocks of plastic and steel, they have no soul, no warmth and are not something you are proud to own.

But when lives depend on it, and it absolutely needs to go bang, I would take a glock with me every time...

Probably why I have 6 of them... 9 sigs as well...

Sig, Colt M-16/M-4/1911 and Glock Armorer.
I love my P229, but if I had to go to a war, I would take my Glock...

Posts: 575 | Location: LI, NY | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're never too old
to learn something stupid
posted Hide Post
Love my Sig.... Shoot & carry Glocks.
The other day I took my unfired G-26 Gen 4 to a friends house and put up on a dead tree, an 8X 11-1/2 sheet of paper with a 1-1/4" black dot at 12 paces. (30+ ft.)

Fire two aimed shots, no obvious hole. Shot another three, still no hole. Getting concerned! Intentionally aimed to the left corner of the paper & low & behold a HOLE!

Walked up to the target and almost shit to see 5 rounds in the black!!

Now, I am a little better-than-avg. shot, but NOT THAT GOOD. Boy did I discover my new EDC.

Who ever questioned the accuracy of a Glock!

Posts: 1232 | Location: MO | Registered: February 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post