SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
Just dropped by the LGS and purchased a GLOCK 19 Gen3 in plain black. Damn I hate Thә KAlifoЯniA ЯәqubliK as I wait for the next 10 days to take delivery.

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG
Glock 19 Gen 5
Glock 42 Coyote Brown
Colt LE6920 16”
BCM 14.5” MK2/Aero M4E1
BCM 11.5”/KAK SBR w/RC2
Geissele URG-I 11.5”/Aero M4E1
Geissele URG-I 10.5”/Aero M4E1
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coming up in April will mark 40 years of non glock ownership. Hope I make it 40 more.

Posts: 566 | Location: Mountain Brook, AL | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuckle:
Hope I make it 40 more.
Hope? Don'tcha know?

It's almost as if you're being pulled upon by some...some strange force that's whispering to you seductively, and you know that you may end up buying a Glock after all.

Posts: 109161 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuckle:
Coming up in April will mark 40 years of non glock ownership. Hope I make it 40 more.

Wisdom is always better than Hope.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuckle:Coming up in April will mark 40 years of non glock ownership. Hope I make it 40 more.

The ancient Hebrews wandered in the desert for 40 years, too. But eventually they bought Glocks. Razz

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I mentioned this before. If I did it was ~100 pages ago. Razz But some guns have sharp edges on them that people like to pay $$$ for to have removed or "dehorned," plus in most cases refinishing. Glocks already come that way. Every edge and corner, even the can-opener-shaped trigger guard or the "peaks" of the finger grooves on the grip, is radiused.

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those posters who have said they will NEVER buy a Glock. I have been keeping stats on this thread:

1) Twelve of the 15 naysayers who did not buy a Glock within 60 days of making their mistaken utterances were struck by lightning.

2) Two of the remaining three lost their jobs, their wives and were denied cable access for the upcoming Super Bowl.

3) The remaining naysayer disappeared under mysterious circumstances. He reportedly was visited by the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and was never seen again.

Tick...tick...tick...tick.

Razz Razz Razz

Big Grin

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will own one , one day just to see what the fuss is about. Also I don't want to get struck by lighting, disappear, or have my wife leave me with no cable. Big Grin

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Nuckle:Coming up in April will mark 40 years of non glock ownership. Hope I make it 40 more.

The ancient Hebrews wandered in the desert for 40 years, too. But eventually they bought Glocks. Razz
And anything made by IWI? Wink

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
There are two things I thought I would be very unlikely to ever get, a GLOCK and/or a Sig Forum CUT.
I even avoided participating in this thread (yea or nay) for the 289 pages it spans.

For a few years after they were first introduced, I rented a few G17s at the range and they did nothing that would make me want to buy one.
Ergonomics similar to a block of wood with an odd, one handed bullseye shooting style grip angle to it, so I thought.
Over the years, I've had the opportunity to shoot other GLOCKs in 9mm and 40 cal and again, they did absolutely nothing for me.

I eventually found myself interested in a Gen 2 G19, which oddly enough I had never tried before.
No ill fitting finger grooves and no light rail (that I won't ever use) plus for some reason it just seemed more attractive than the other models, even with its dull black slide (beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose).
For some odd reason the ergonomics I disliked on the G17 were just not the same on the G19.
Unfortunately, by the time my interest peaked the Gen 3s had arrived and the Gen 2s were not to be found (locally anyway).
When I couldn't find a used one and the Internet buzz was that the G19 was the pistol to get, I became a bit determined.
I would keep an eye open for a reasonably priced Gen 2 but they were not to be found.
Actually I did find one a few years back but I did not buy it at the time and when I went back it was already gone.

Reel up time to just after Christmas of this past year and lo and behold there is a Gen 2 G19 sitting in the showcase of a local pawn shop.
It only had one original mag but it appeared to be in excellent condition barring two very minor scratches on the frame.
It also already had a nice fitting grip plug installed (minor bonus number 1)
They would not let me disassemble the pistol for inspection but I rolled the dice and ended up buying it before it too disappeared.

After getting it home, field stripping the absolutely bone dry pistol and wiping out the fine metal particles from inside the slide, I took it apart for a thorough cleaning
It was then noted it already had a minus connector installed (minor bonus number 2)
I also noted the pistol never had the 6 part "upgrade" done.
All was not to be bluebirds and bunnies though since a close inspection of the frame revealed it was cracked on the thin vertical portion of the frame, just behind the locking block.
I doubt I would have been able to see these cracks in the poor lighting of the shop anyway.
A perusal of the Internet revealed that others had also suffered the same fate but in some instances, GLOCK did not have to replace the frame (they actually removed the vertical portions from the cracks rearward (stress relief by removal).
In my case it appears that the cracks may have already spread to the main upper portion of the frame so stress relieving it may not be possible depending upon how deep these protrude into the frame.

My options are to;
1) Spend the $61 to ship it to GLOCK and take a chance they can fix the frame (stress relieve it) making any future issues somewhat covered by them
2) Spend the same $61 and let GLOCK replace the frame gratis (as some have said they do) with a (downgrade) Gen 3 frame (I would then sell the pistol)
3) Spend the $61 plus another $100 (if they don't warranty it) to downgrade the frame to a Gen 3 (I won't actually do this *)
4) Just stress relieve the frame myself (well within my capabilities) keep a close eye on it in the future and take my chances.

* Option 3 in particular would put my total cost way over that of just buying a new Gen 3 locally

Keeping on the topic of this thread, I finally did buy a GLOCK (perhaps my one and only one).

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Cheesus Approves!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I did buy one--a few years ago for my son-a G19. It has been a good gun. I shot a friends G17 several years ago not too long after they first came out. I was impressed, but through the years every time I bought something, I always wanted something else a little more.

Well, today I handled a 30S, and that may very well be my next gun.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:
Cheesus Approves!!!!

Cheese us twice, I knew it!

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I drank some of the Glock kool-aid yesterday. Now I just have to wait for it to get to my ffl...

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of S_Cowgirl
posted Hide Post
I did buy a glock because I drank the koolaid. Glock 26 was supposed to be my carry gun. I went the range and put about 800 rounds through it. Every time I tried to field strip it, it would take me an hour to get the dang thing apart. Tricky tiny crappy little double mechanisms to free up the slide. Too temperamental for me. Couldn't quite get the grip right no matter what I did. Happily sold it after a year and put the money towards my sweet little P938, which I love. Will never go back to a glock!!!

Posts: 21 | Registered: October 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S_Cowgirl:
I did buy a glock because I drank the koolaid. Glock 26 was supposed to be my carry gun. I went the range and put about 800 rounds through it. Every time I tried to field strip it, it would take me an hour to get the dang thing apart. Tricky tiny crappy little double mechanisms to free up the slide. Too temperamental for me. Couldn't quite get the grip right no matter what I did. Happily sold it after a year and put the money towards my sweet little P938, which I love. Will never go back to a glock!!!

Sorry you had problems.
The subcompact Glocks are my least favorite.
The bottom of the back strap seems to be more pronounced than my compact or full sized framed Glocks.
That back strap tends to dig into my palm a bit.

It has never taken me over 3 seconds to get a Glock slide off with the stock slide lock lever.
But some use LWD extended slide lock levers for an easier grasp to lower it.

LWD Ext Slide Lock Lever Black

One more thing, never say never... Big Grin
There are many members in almost 300 pages that either never tried, or bought and tried, Glocks pistols and swore them off.
Several of them now own Glocks, you might eventually come to your senses... Wink

Posts: 4413 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S_Cowgirl:

Don't know what other Glock owners do, but I have found this method to be effortless:

1) Remove mag, check chamber, slide forward. Pull trigger.

2) Hold gun in right hand. Put towel, mat or whatever on flat surface (table, bench). Hold gun vertical pointed downward, contacting the covered surface.

3) Angle gun slightly off vertical (about 30 degrees) with only the slide contacting the surface. Idea is to be able to push the slide slightly rearward without the frame contacting the surface.

4) Push gun downward with right hand. This moves the side about 1/4" to the rear. Use left hand to slide the two slide lock levers downward. They will now move easily. Hold them down.

5) With right hand, simply release the pressure on the gun. The slide will now pop off for dis-assembly.

I've got arthritis in both hands. This method solved the problem. No strength or manual dexterity required.

Happy you like the P938. Nice little gun.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wheres a good place to get the glock beaver tail modules. Tired of the 17's bite...

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Wheres a good place to get the glock beaver tail modules. Tired of the 17's bite...

Grip Force Adapter - I just ordered a set off of Ebay.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Grip Force Adapter - I just ordered a set off of Ebay.

^ +1, I bought and sold my Grip Force Adapter on eBay.. Big Grin

Posts: 4413 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post