SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just picked up this pristine Gen 2 G19. Looks to be made in 93-94. The rails/insides look like it was never shot. Pricing was a bit more then what the police trade-ins have been going for ($445), but I'm happy. I always wanted a second Gen G19. BTW, does anybody have insight on the wording, in the second picture? I don't know if ADJ RS stands for the sights or the trigger. I have different wording on the bar code of my G26. (third picture).

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
One of mine was NIB and came with an adjustable rear sight. Yours likely had an adjustable rear sight from the factory. Don't worry, you're not missing out on much.

Very nice score, btw. Smile Gen 2 19 is a big favorite of mine.

Posts: 17195 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terra:

I would say, adjustable rear sight, 5# trigger.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I just traded an m&p for a gen3 g19. I pick it up Tuesday. I already hate the ugly little bastage. Big Grin

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timQ:
Love my Sig.... Shoot & carry Glocks.
The other day I took my unfired G-26 Gen 4 to a friends house and put up on a dead tree, an 8X 11-1/2 sheet of paper with a 1-1/4" black dot at 12 paces. (30+ ft.)

Fire two aimed shots, no obvious hole. Shot another three, still no hole. Getting concerned! Intentionally aimed to the left corner of the paper & low & behold a HOLE!

Walked up to the target and almost shit to see 5 rounds in the black!!

Now, I am a little better-than-avg. shot, but NOT THAT GOOD. Boy did I discover my new EDC.

Who ever questioned the accuracy of a Glock!

That is how my 26 G4 shoots at 30 ft. With 124fmj. At 60 feet she will start to shoot a touch high . At 10 yards it will shoot with everything I own including my P7 and my Baer. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Damn it all. I've resisted der grock for a long time now.

I had eyes on a 45acp g21 and a 10 mm g20 today in the LGS. Both gen 4s I believe.

What's the consensus on 45acp glocks? Good entry to the platform? I've shot a 19 and didn't do well but I think I was trying to aim it like my other guns and haven't had a bunch of time on the platform.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
Damn it all. I've resisted der grock for a long time now.

I had eyes on a 45acp g21 and a 10 mm g20 today in the LGS. Both gen 4s I believe.

What's the consensus on 45acp glocks? Good entry to the platform? I've shot a 19 and didn't do well but I think I was trying to aim it like my other guns and haven't had a bunch of time on the platform.

After owning only 9mm pistols for several years, I came across an offer for a Gen 2 G21.
Bought it and loved it.

Liked it so much I had CCR refinish the slide in CPII and addded steel stock sights to it..

Since buying a G30S, that I sometimes carry, I sold that G21 to a trusted friend.
He loves it as well.

Simply said, the G21 got me back into the 45ACP caliber.
I had an XD45 Compact for awhile, but sold it due to the crappy XD stock trigger (even with a PRP kit in it).

And having Glock get me back into 45, I recently bought a West German P220.. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1lowlife,

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the top pic the G21 appears to have a grooved trigger.

Does it, or is that just an illusion?

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
In the top pic the G21 appears to have a grooved trigger.

Does it, or is that just an illusion?

Nice attention to detail.. Wink

For some reason it did have a grooved trigger when I acquired it.
I replaced it with a smooth faced trigger after the CCR refinish..

Did the same thing with the G30S..

As well as my G19s..

I just don't care for grooved triggers in my Glocks, or any other hand gun....

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
I keep buying glocks.....and then selling them off to buy Sigs!
Love everything about Glock pistols, except for the chubby grip!
One great thing about Glock pistols....I know what I am getting and I can find them everywhere.

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Just a quick story:

An older friend of mine had no interest in plastic fantastic pistols. We recently took the IL CC class together. I let him shoot my G32, and afterward showed him how quickly I could break the pistol down. Yesterday he bought a G21

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1237 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Has anyone tried the Luminescent Sights? They look like the Standard Polymer U sights, but are Luminescent as opposed to the Trijicon or Glock Tritium night sights...

I'm curious as well. I actually prefer the look of the original U style rear sight vs. the dot style on night sights.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
Never had a Glock, never will. Razz

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
You can buy Luminescents..

Stock Glock Sights including Luminescent

Or make your own..

Nitesiters

They have a kit
Nitesiters Large Dot & Strip Set - $16.98 Just like regular Nitesiters but larger dots and strips! Fits: Any gun that has a ramp sight. These work great on Glocks for the 'U' sight. You can also use them on just about any gun just to have bigger sight dots.

Not so sure I'd try them though.. Wink

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wilberforce:

Thanks for the input..

We were wondering when you were going to chime in.. Roll Eyes

Welcome to the forum... Big Grin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you read through the 288 pages of this thread, you'll find quite a few members who said the same thing early on, then later came back to the thread and said they bought a Glock or three.

There are also a dozen or more comments in this thread alone where members say "Y'know, I can't stand Glocks, but I own seven of them." (latent Glockosexuals in denial are funny)

So, while you're hanging around the entrance to the bath house trying to convince us you're not one of us, we think you'll join us before too long anyway.

Yoo Hoo!! Over hereeeeeerrrrr!!!

Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
LOL.... I'll stay out of the bathhouse and stick to my SIGs and Smith wheel guns.

I don't judge you Glockites. I love you and affirm you anyway.

I thought this was a SIG forum? Big Grin

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought this was a SIG forum? Big Grin

It is, but some of us appreciate the simpler/uglier (depending on who you ask) things in life. Variety is the spice of life.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIGs, Glocks- God loves them all equally, brother.