SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Very nice Glock variety.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Picked up my Gen2 19 off of layaway last night.
Unfortunately no pics at the moment.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S_Cowgirl:
I did buy a glock because I drank the koolaid. Glock 26 was supposed to be my carry gun. I went the range and put about 800 rounds through it. Every time I tried to field strip it, it would take me an hour to get the dang thing apart. Tricky tiny crappy little double mechanisms to free up the slide. Too temperamental for me. Couldn't quite get the grip right no matter what I did. Happily sold it after a year and put the money towards my sweet little P938, which I love. Will never go back to a glock!!!

Interesting...never had a problem with take-down on a baby Glock, but re-assembly sometimes would catch me off guard if I wasn't paying attention or taking the process for granted. Mostly due to getting and keeping the RSA seated correctly so it wouldn't bind as the slide was put back on the frame rails. Particularly on my G26 it could shift around as the slide was going back on...very annoying.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
LOL< I can strip one in the dark, hands behind me on a full double blue moon in 2/10's of a nanosecond.

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qasoswat:
I think I drank all the Kool-aid

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Very nice collection, but you need a 26 there. Smile

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Can I admit something, brothers?

I've drank the Kool-Aid for years, but I got an HK45 and HK45C.

I'm probably getting a P30 this year. If HK releases a P30sk, it will likely replace my Glock 26.

At that point, I will probably keep my Gen 4 G34 and one Gen 4 G19 and sell the rest.

I love the newer HK's, guys.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

Very nice collection, but you need a 26 there. Smile

The gestation period of a Glock isn't a constant thing - but I agree those glocks need to get with it and get a baby-g in there somewhere. Wink

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I've never believed in combat Tupperware. I'm strictly a 1911 or a Sig guy. To each their own though.

Posts: 104 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigman 228:
Sorry, I've never believed in combat Tupperware. I'm strictly a 1911 or a Sig guy. To each their own though.

To each their own indeed.. Wink
Thank you so much for chiming in.
It means a lot to the Glock owners and certainly puts us in our place... Roll Eyes

BTW, I've sold Sigs and 1911s and bought Glocks with that money... Big Grin

Posts: 4383 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
100 diff guns later sig hk 1911 walther beretta kahr browning SW to name a few...
It's not that most of those guns were not acceptable each had some drawback I didn't prefer
I've not found that to be so with my current GLOCKS. I recently went all 45acp for CCW it Keeps things simple. I Never had issues with my 9mm Glocks either.

I TRUST GLOCK as my main CCW
A proven worthy personal choice.
G21-G36 they are not pretty per say
They work perfectly for me I shoot a Glock better than any
Other platform. Glock is Reliable and durable as a hammer. That's all that matters.
YMMV.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down Glock owners or the guns themselves. I learned to shoot with 1911's, and later with Sigs. I've found for myself, that Glocks just don't feel comfortable in my hand. I've shot a G-19, and a G-26, It's probably not the gun, it's probably me. I'm so used to handling 1911's and Sigs, that shooting anything else feels alien to me. All I'm saying is: shoot what feels the most comfortable for you, If it feels good in your hand, by all means, indulge yourself. BTW, no disrespect intended.

Posts: 104 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down Glock owners or the guns themselves. I learned to shoot with 1911's, and later with Sigs. I've found for myself, that Glocks just don't feel comfortable in my hand. I've shot a G-19, and a G-26, It's probably not the gun, it's probably me. I'm so used to handling 1911's and Sigs, that shooting anything else feels alien to me. All I'm saying is: shoot what feels the most comfortable for you, If it feels good in your hand, by all means, indulge yourself. BTW, no disrespect intended.

It's all good..
You'll come around, we have nothing but time.... Big Grin
If you've read thru the thread, you will find many that felt the grip angle odd, yet still shot Glocks better than their other pistols, Sig included.

Posts: 4383 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I too began my journey in the pistol world with the 1911. And, my first choice happen to be a 3 1/2 in barrel Colt. Many advised me to stay away from shot-barreled models. But, for a CCP, they are perfect, provided you research your ammo selection wisely.

Some years later, I did something that I thought would never take place.

I purchased my first Glock.

Then ... another.

I do have many friends who cannot adjust to the grip angle of the Glock, but that's fine.

That leaves more for the rest of us.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

One of the most sensible posts I've seen on the topic.

I have 1911's, Sig DA/DA's and Glocks (Gen4 G19 & G34). The G19 has a very different feel/shape than the G34, which surprised me. It's not just a shorter grip. I run the GripForce Adapter (GFA) on the G34 and have ordered one for the G19. Points the same as the 1911 with the GFA. The one advantage of the Glock (and other polymer frames) is the ability to contour/reshape any frame areas. My guns are all SD guns and I don't care about resale issues.

If you have any interest in Glocks, I'd try a Gen4 G17 or G34 (same grip). Ideally, with the GFA. In my experience, very different animal from the G19. The Gen4 with GFA works for me...Gen3's, even with GFA, don't.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Speaking of grip shape. I got to play with the new glock 380 at Shot Show and the frame has an extended grip above where the web of your hand is. I'm fairly ham handed hand there is no worry about the slide Biting me at all.
I personally like the new little glock. It's a nitch gun that i hope opens the door to newer single stack options for glock.
While there are other small 9mm out there if you like or use glock as your CCW having the same manual of arms and trigger pull make the G42 a viable choice even in 380.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Speaking of grip shape. I got to play with the new glock 380 at Shot Show and the frame has an extended grip above where the web of your hand is. I'm fairly ham handed hand there is no worry about the slide Biting me at all.
I personally like the new little glock. It's a nitch gun that i hope opens the door to newer single stack options for glock.
While there are other small 9mm out there if you like or use glock as your CCW having the same manual of arms and trigger pull make the G42 a viable choice even in 380.

I was fairly excited about the G42 until I saw how big it was.
Being that you have actually handled one, it is too big for practical pocket carry?
I pocket carry an LCP, although I'm considering replacing it with a Kahr P380 or CW380.
The only reason I would want a G42 would be for pocket carry, but in pics I've seen, the G42 is bigger than my Kahr CM9.. Confused

posted Hide Post
I look forward to handling a G42. Once upon a time, in the mid-late-1980s, I thought big-bore Magnum recoil was exhilarating. By late 2011, .40 recoil, with my personally-owned duty SIG P229R was starting to really hurt my right wrist.

Though I must still carry a .40 or .45 duty pistol at work, but on my own time, I now carry a G17 on my left hip. I do still like to carry something on my right hip, however, in case I reach there in an emergency, a conditioned reflex reinforced by countless real-life draws over nearly three decades*.

The G42, with its not-too-small size, and locked-breech design, promises to be a lesser-recoiling .380 pistol that my right wrist might better tolerate for a bit of training. If I have dressed around the larger pistol on my left side, a G42 should be concealed just fine on the right side.

It does not matter to me that the G42 is too big for a pocket; I prefer spur-less snubby revolvers for pocket carry.

*At work, in uniform, I continue to carry the duty pistol on the right hip.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Dumb Animal At
The End Of The Leash
Picture of Hickory Shampoo
posted Hide Post
My department just added .45 to the approved-for-carry list. I hear friends rave about their G21's and have the bug. We'll see...

Posts: 2728 | Location: Halfway between EYQ and IWS. Not very close to PPT, at all. | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I pocket carry an LCP, although I'm considering replacing it with a Kahr P380 or CW380.

I'm curious why you're considering making the change to the Kahr. Would you mind elaborating?

I felt the same way re: the 42. Way too large for my purposes, but it may be a good option for the wife.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I'm curious why you're considering making the change to the Kahr. Would you mind elaborating?

I felt the same way re: the 42. Way too large for my purposes, but it may be a good option for the wife.

Honestly, grass greener on the other side and wanting a new pistol.. Roll Eyes

I carry a Kahr CM9 OWB in the summer with jeans or shorts when I wear a belt.
I like that CM9 so much I had it refinished in IonBond, and put a front night sight on it.

I've had my LCP since they first came out, sent it back for the recall and all..
Never a reliability problem, ever.
It just is a handful to shoot with a very long trigger.
The thought of the better Kahr trigger is part of the reason I'm considering the CW380.

But I've been going back and forth on buying a Kahr P380 for a couple years, but they cost too much.
With the introduction of the cheaper CW380, it has me thinking about it again.

I know it would be in my best interest just to keep the LCP.
I already have a good pocket holster, a custom OWB holster, and a CTC laser on it.
I also sent the slide and some parts to CCR for then Ceraplate, it looks as good years later as it did the first day I got it back.
All these reasons is why I've yet to buy a Kahr in 380...

There are very few pistols that I would like to buy, I really have everything I need.
I'd like to buy a Gen 1 G17 and a West German P228, that is it.
Just something about buying the 380 Kahr has been stuck in the back of my mind for some time.

I really wanted to like the G42, I may still end up buying one being a Glock fanatic..
But as others stated, it would be a pistol for the wife, even though she doesn't like Glock triggers.
And honestly, my LCP is the only 380 I own, but it has the harshest recoil of ANY pistol I've ever owned.
That includes 9mm, 40cal, 357sig, and 45ACP pistols... Eek
Not sure how that G42 recoil is going to feel..