SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Eric357:
Ok got it. Sometimes my fingers get going too fast. Big Grin

Just go ahead and buy your first Glock and all will be forgiven... Wink

Not really into 'baby' Glocks.. Red Face
I'd go for a G19 or G30S for your first... Big Grin

I was trying to hold out for the G30S, but seems to be about impossiable to get one at a decent price.

So G19 Gen4 it is, already order Trijicon HD sights for it, before i even have the G19 in hand.

I also wanted to get the G19 in OD, or even FDE, but again either tough to fine priced well, or find at all.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...... One reason I had always swore off Glock was because so many people acted like Glock was the only thing out there that was dependable and everything else was crap......

Yeah, the usual Internet B.S. I own 1911's, Sig DA/SA's and two Glocks. They are all reliable and accurate. Got my first and only Glock (Gen4 G34) in 2011. I looked in my safe three months ago and discovered a Gen4 G19 sitting next to it. Damned if I know how it go there.

The G19 is a fine carry gun. Just a little larger, but lighter, than a P239. I carry both, as well as a P229. Sixteen rounds, easy to shoot, reliable and a full size grip. If grip angle is a problem, get a GripForce Adapter and it points like a 1911. I use Warren Tacticals on my Glocks and find them to be the best sights (for me) that I have ever used. I run both guns stock, except for the sights.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Not saying that I'll buy another one, but it's been so long since I sold the Glock I had that I hated so much, I would like to find one to shoot that has the grip adapter on it to see if I might like them any better now. I don't really think I will, but am willing to give them another chance. One thing I liked about the other Glockenspiel I had was how quick I was able to sell it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You sound...confused.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Just giving them another chance, they've come out with different generations so maybe I won't hate them as much if I try them again. Not confused, trying to be open minded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
they've come out with different generations so maybe I won't hate them as much...
Glocks are the only pistols I know of that elicit such remarks.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
they've come out with different generations so maybe I won't hate them as much...
Glocks are the only pistols I know of that elicit such remarks.

Is that Gaston?

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he morphs into the Emperor of the Dark Side at midnight daily. Bill

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I was in one my favorite GS yesterday when along came a used but pristine condition Glock 34,gen 3. Store owner offered it to me for $450, $50 more than he paid for it. Damn, had to have it at that price!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Gaston is definitely a Sith Lord. Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Own several guns but nothing feels like or shoots like a glock 23. You can own Sigs, Smiths, HK's, and many others. But a Glock works and they are the best out of box gun made. If the shit every hits the fan it will be what I carry. I love my smith wheel and autos but they are not my favorites. Will be buying a New Glock 19 Gen4 this month and hell I am getting 3 3rd mags just for the hell of it.

Owned a HK P13, several PSP and many HK's and Sig. I just can shoot them as good as a glock 40 cal. Thank Para for giving us this forum. It rocks.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ben1:
I blame Para for the mantra ,"you will buy a glock". I walked into my lgs and they had a hideous 23c. I left it there over a week and went back it was still there. All I could think was " you will buy a glock". Well $325 + tax including three extra mags later I have been corrupted. Plan on wringing it out this weekend.

$325 for a 23c and 5 mags? Geesh!

Posts: 121 | Location: KY | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
You will have to excuse me. I honestly don't understand the expression.

Waaa, you neber heera Sammy Sosa?

You men Chico Escuela, don u?

The next Glock for me will depend upon what the G41 or 42 end up being. Anxiously waiting...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
You men Chico Escuela, don u?QUOTE]
WinkNope! That's Sammy Sosa all the way.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The next Glock for me will depend upon what the G41 or 42 end up being. Anxiously waiting...

If either is a single stack 9mm or 380 in a sub compact size (smaller would be better), I'm in... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted Hide Post
And I have again. Went back and grabbed another G23. I just keep going down the Glock path. Big Grin

The best defense is a good offense, and I'm really offensive. Wink

Posts: 277 | Location: Rigby,ID | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
By Grabthar's hammer, I will have a Glock 26 soon. I've put plans and schemes into motion that will allow it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the first or second day after Thanksgiving, I bought a new G19, 4th Generation, with Trijicon night sights, at the LE-only price, from a local police supply place. The Trijicons were installed at the distributor; I doubt Trijicons are a factory option.

I had intended to buy a G26, but took the opportunity to handle a 4th-Generation G19, and liked its feel in my hands, so the G26 will wait a bit, or perhaps the G19 will be small enough to be a second gun.

During a short range session, I did not shoot it as well as my G17. Probably, the factory-new trigger, with internals not yet worn smooth, plus the slightly shorter grip came into play, as a G17-length grip anchors into the heel of my long-ish hand a bit better. Plus, I am not a "natural" shooter; if a new gun changes just one variable, I will need some time to adjust.

The .40 P229R DAK is still in my duty holster. 9mm was not added to the list of approved duty cartridges for uniformed patrol.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I thought I had all I needed, I have one of every 9mm version. But then I recently tried a .357 P229... now the itch is on for a G32

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post