SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
How do you adjust to the differing grip angles between the Glock and say, a Sig or Beretta or other non-glock gun?

Honestly, I draw and find the front sight and get to shooting. I don't even notice the grip angle.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Welcome to the machine
Picture of Mainspring
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you adjust to the differing grip angles between the Glock and say, a Sig or Beretta or other non-glock gun?

I want to preface this by saying that the following is only my experience and others with more experience may very well disagree.

I have spent most of my life shooting rifles and shotguns. While I have owned and shot pistols for a long time, they were always a distant third. To be honest, I didn't know much about shooting pistols and my technique was severely lacking. At that point, I considered grip angle to be a big deal. SIGs were very natural for me, while Glocks didn't "point" well. I swore I'd never own a Glock.

Well, once we got CCW in our state, I started taking pistols more seriously and got quite a bit of training. Now that my technique is solid, grip angle (at least between a Glock and a SIG) doesn't matter at all. Most days I carry a G19, and when I don't I normally carry a P228. I'm very comfortable and accurate with both.

So, at least based on my experience, I don't think it's as big a deal as many people think.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
The grip angle did bother me at first. But after dry firing the Glock a whole lot, it kind of went away.

The last few months I shot one of my Glocks in IDPA matches......yesterday I shot a P226, I didn't notice any difference.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthewluber:
quote:

Honestly, I draw and find the front sight and get to shooting. I don't even notice the grip angle.

That was the other possibility I had considered, that it really doesn't make a difference after you own and shoot the thing enough.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do those of you who are proficient with Glocks find yourselves having to adjust your grip or something to feel comfortable when going back to a non-glock pistol? Or do you just naturally (subconsciously) adjust?

It's never been an issue for me. I shoot all sorts of different pistols and don't need to adjust very much for any of them, with one exception*. Any difference in grip angle style is adjusted for subconsciously. It would take some sort of extremely whacky grip to really alter much for me.

* = The one exception in grip for me is when I shoot revolvers, for obvious reasons I don't shoot those thumbs forward as I do autos.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a Glock. I have never shot a Glock. I have never desired a Glock. My dream pistol my entire life was a 229. I have owned revolvers 38/357 since I was 21. Last spring I bought a 229 SAS 40. Its everything I ever hoped it would be. I get on this site every so often. I remember back in the summer seeing this thread. I laughed and said not me. I spend quite a bit of time over on another gun site and see how many folks are always singing the praise of their Glocks. One reason I had always swore off Glock was because so many people acted like Glock was the only thing out there that was dependable and everything else was crap. Well I said all that to say this. Over the past 2 months I have found myself starting to look online at the "baby" Glocks. Too close to Christmas to even consider buying right now,got to think of the kiddies. But you never know. I may, just maybe get a Glock down the road and see what the fuss is about. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eric357,

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric357:
I have never owned a Glock. I have never shot a Glock. I have never desired a Glock. My drem pistol my entire lie was a 229. I have owned revolvers 38/357 since I was 21. Last spring I bought a 229 SAS 40. Its everything I ever hoped it would be. I get on this site every so often. I remember back in the summer seeing this thread. I laughed and said not me. I spend quite a bit of time over on another gun site and see how many folks are always singing the praise of their Glocks. One reason I had always swore off Glock was because so many people acted like Glock was the only thing out there that was dependable and everything else was crap. Well I said all that to say this. Over the past 2 months I have found myself starting to look online at the "baby" Glocks. Too close to Christmas to even consider buying right now,got to think of the kiddies. But you never know. I may, just maybe get a Glock down the road and see what the fuss is about. Smile

I will own my first two glocks by this time next year.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never owned a Glock. I have never shot a Glock. I have never desired a Glock. My drem pistol my entire lie was a 229. I have owned revolvers 38/357 since I was 21. Last spring I bought a 229 SAS 40. Its everything I ever hoped it would be. I get on this site every so often. I remember back in the summer seeing this thread. I laughed and said not me. I spend quite a bit of time over on another gun site and see how many folks are always singing the praise of their Glocks. One reason I had always swore off Glock was because so many people acted like Glock was the only thing out there that was dependable and everything else was crap. Well I said all that to say this. Over the past 2 months I have found myself starting to look online at the "baby" Glocks. Too close to Christmas to even consider buying right now,got to think of the kiddies. But you never know. I may, just maybe get a Glock down the road and see what the fuss is about. Smile

I felt much like you. I loved SIG and HK ( and still do.) But now I also have love for the Block. I have two and carry them and not my HKs or SIGs. I can't explain it, but it happened. Give them a fair shot and see what happens. Years worth if derision melted away when I finally let myself try them without thinking about what they were.

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whiskey_Sauer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never owned a Glock. I have never shot a Glock. I have never desired a Glock. My drem pistol my entire lie was a 229.

I was there, years ago. Today I own a G17, G19 and G34.

Posts: 806 | Location: California | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I said all that to say this. Over the past 2 months I have found myself starting to look online at the "baby" Glocks. Too close to Christmas to even consider buying right now,got to think of the kiddies. But you never know. I may, just maybe get a Glock down the road and see what the fuss is about. Smile

Welcome to the Dark Side...We take fantasies as well as realities. Would you like a cookie? Razz

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
My drem pistol my entire lie was a 229.
Bess-a-ball been berry berry good to you?

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
so, an honest question for those of you who have become glock-ified.

Honestly, the thought of a G19 has popped on into my head on a couple occasions lately. Dunno why, I don't intend to buy any more guns for a while, but I've been thinking on it.

In thinking about it, right now I've shot mostly non-glock pistols and am comfortable with them. Any time I shoot a glock, the angle feels weird, and I have to adjust my grip a bit to straighten things out.

Do those of you who are proficient with Glocks find yourselves having to adjust your grip or something to feel comfortable when going back to a non-glock pistol? Or do you just naturally (subconsciously) adjust?

Considering that grip is one of if not the most important factor to shooting a pistol accurately (as in, if your grip sucks nothing will improve your shooting), is there any effect on your shooting? Or does it go away after some time?

I felt just like you before I bought my G19.
I have a few pistols with the 1911-ish grip angle and my one and only Glock. The only time transitioning between grip angles is even a thought in my mind is when I'm on the internet. Big Grin
I bought mine only because I got a smoking deal on a new Gen3 and wanted to have a 9mm Glock laying around. I'll be damned if I didn't quickly discover that I shot that black LEGO better than any of my other pistols so it became my #1 CCW.
As long as you don't over think it you should be able to run through a mag of a Glock and immediately shoot a 1911 angle pistol without a hiccup.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Bess-a-ball been berry berry good to you?

You will have to excuse me. I honestly don't understand the expression.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Waaa, you neber heera Sammy Sosa?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always went back and forth shooting Glocks and other pistols and never had a problem with the Glock grip angle. That grip really shines when you up the speed of shooting. Truth is I have worked with or carried some type of Glock model going on 22 years now. Been on a real HK kick the past few years but the Glock 19 is pulling me back towards it. You just can't beat the Glock: a reliable, durable light weight bullet launcher that shoots good, is cost effective and any one can easily replace parts on. Good corrosion resistance ices the cake. Bill

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Waaa, you neber heera Sammy Sosa?

I've heard of Sammy Sosa, I guess I'm just not following. Confused

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They're making fun of your typing. Before you went back and corrected the errors, you had typed like Sammy Sosa talks: mispronouncing various words.

For example, you wrote:
quote:

Read that for me, and tell me it doesn't sound like a ESL speaker with a heavy accent.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok got it. Sometimes my fingers get going too fast. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:

And you got hazed by Para! It finally happened to me a week or so ago, too. It is a high honor! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just go ahead and buy your first Glock and all will be forgiven... Wink

Not really into 'baby' Glocks.. Red Face
I'd go for a G19 or G30S for your first... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post