SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I still have one of my commanders and enjoy shooting it. But as far as I'm conserned any more its a range gun.

I really like my 93 P220, alloy frame, stamped slide it sort of has that commander feel to it with no manual safety.

But like I said earlier for work its Glock.

I was a real believer in the 45 and of the police shooting investigations I've been part of the 40 and the 45 seem to do the best when it comes to one shot stops.

However, most shootings regardless of caliber take multiple shots to get the job done, even with good solid center of mass hits.

My G17 holds 18, my P220 holds 8. I don't even consider it a question as to what I'll carry any more. If my Department ever approves glocks in 40 I'll move on to the 22/27 combo but for now its the 17/26.

Posts: 237 | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mormandy1:
quote:
Originally posted by DowntownDM:
reliable - check
inexpensive - check
high capacity - check
readily available - check
10mm - check

yep, what's not to love?

Well since you asked....

The blocky grip, the piece of metal dangling from the trigger, and the fact that you can't whack a primer twice if you want to. I prefer a real hammer on my pistols.

As I stated way back on page 2, I was tired of lugging the Blackhawk 44mag in the woods. So a few weeks ago I bought a G20SF, and immediately went on a long woods hike with it. It is doing everything I wanted it to do. I love the durability, lightweight, high capacity. That Glock finish is the bullet proof bomb!

I ran about 100 rounds through it to test out. It was boutique ammo, full power 10mm. The split trigger was a *little* uncomfortable during recoil, but not a show stopper.

Two of the rounds had bad primers (wolff). I was able to restrike them by just moving the slide ever so slightly back to recock the Glock. On one, I whacked a primer five times, no problem. So I don't see lack of 2nd strick as a huge disadvantage to Glock. Usually when it counts, I'll slap, rack, press a bad cartridge anyway instead of striking again on a bad round.

I don't care for the bucket sights, but sights are easily changed.

I'm pleased with my one and only Glock. Para's right, I'd love to have a G19. I may not carry one just yet, but I'd love to have one.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8277 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arturius
posted Hide Post
I have/have had Sigs, CZs, Walthers, Glocks

Recently was hemming and hawing over a CC gun ("walther PPS looks pretty intereating, flat for carry, etc. etc.).

then I started thinking about how damned versatile glocks are; finish impervious to sweat, easy to accessorize, mags interchangeable in my preferred 9mm platform, I shoot them well, reliable as can be, etc.

Bought a G26. Not going to look back. It works!

Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar

Posts: 840 | Location: Georgia | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No kidding...I cannot seem to hate a pistol that has run perfectly since I bought it in 1994. Love that old Glock 22....can't hate a pistol that gives no trouble.

And yeah, I am looking at a small CCW pistol for summer carry and the smaller Glocks are high on my list. The Glock 36 might be my next pistol...if only because the Glock is so damned reliable and tough.

- brickboy240

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
While out shooting my Kahr PM9 and Ruger yesterday a friend let me shoot his Glock 17 with a custom trigger.
Well I liked it. The custom trigger really helped. That my fifth different Glock that I’ve shot now over the years. Even though the 17 shot nice, I will still never buy a Glock. NEVER…

--------------------------------
P238 SAS, P226R 9mm, P239 9mm GEN2, P220 Carry Elite, Ruger MKIII custom, Kahr PM9 & P380, LES BAER - ULTIMATE MASTER 5" .45, - NRA Life Member

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Well, I traded for an Austrian Proof G19 today and it reminded me of this thread.

I still have a G21SF on my list. Had one, sold it, and now am looking for one again.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:
Well, I traded for an Austrian Proof G19 today and it reminded me of this thread.

Good for you! Smile Fantastic pistol.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220ST:
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:

Good for you! Smile Fantastic pistol.

Thanks. I am excited about this one. Never had a 9mm Glock and had moved away from 9mm altogether for a period of time.

I am looking forward to shooting it, hopefully next weekend.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I carry a G26 every day.
My G20 is fantastically accurate, there is no better SHTF full size pistol.
The G19 is probably the best allround pistol if you are limited to only one pistol.
Also have a G17 and 30, looking for a G29.
What's not to like, make that LOVE.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TomN
posted Hide Post
I've come to really like the Glock 19.

Posts: 454 | Location: Indiana | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
i have a glock 21 and a glock 17. i carry the glock 17 most of the time. im in the market for a glock 19 now. i shot another members g19 and i hit killer groups with it. i think it will be my next pistol. plus i can still use my glock 33rd mags with it Smile. most after market 30+ mags SUCK! but the glock ones work great!!

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M_E_
posted Hide Post
No. No I won't waste my money on that gun. Yea, they're cool looking as the Glock reps bounced them off the floor at the NRA show in Phoenix. But I do not wish to play basketball using a Glock! The Glock is NOT a safe pistol to carry. Just ask the Tollison, AZ. PD Officer who blew off his index finger while adjusting his shorts with his Glock in his duty holster!!! The Glock is closing in on catching the 1911 as the pistol that has shot more lightbars on roofs & made holes in the car seats in patrol cars.

No, I will never own a Glock. YOU CAN BUY THEM ALL!!! Keep away from me when you carry, please!

The bigger the hole, the harder they squirt!

Posts: 991 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 03556JLL
posted Hide Post
Yeah they always blame the gun. How about keep your mouse out of the house.

STAY LOW AND SHOOT STRAIGHT!

Posts: 161 | Location: So CAL LAX Area | Registered: March 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
I find it telling that the greatest number of those who express an aversion to Glocks seem to be relatively new to handguns as well...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M_E_:
No. No I won't waste my money on that gun. Yea, they're cool looking as the Glock reps bounced them off the floor at the NRA show in Phoenix. But I do not wish to play basketball using a Glock! The Glock is NOT a safe pistol to carry. Just ask the Tollison, AZ. PD Officer who blew off his index finger while adjusting his shorts with his Glock in his duty holster!!! The Glock is closing in on catching the 1911 as the pistol that has shot more lightbars on roofs & made holes in the car seats in patrol cars.

No, I will never own a Glock. YOU CAN BUY THEM ALL!!! Keep away from me when you carry, please!

In my area there have been more negligent discharges by DA/SA pistols. Most have occurred at the range when an officer was holstering a pistol in SA mode. Funny how a pistol supposedly secured in a duty holster just "went off." I think there is more to that story then what you heard.

BTW G22RTF a couple months ago and a G19 picked up last week. I will get another Glock when they come out with the G19 RTF later this summer, I love the RTF, fits my hand perfectly. when I pick up the G19 RTF, the "old G19" will be sent to Bowie Tactical Concepts for the full treatment.

Posts: 4065 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsherman:
Used to be a Glock-only owner/shooter. About four months ago I "discovered" Sigs. I now own three Smile

I've had the following Glocks at one time or another: 17/17L/19/22/23/35 (Gen 1/2/3). Wish I would have kept the Gen 1's, but I kind of cycled through the various models. I currently still have a 17/19 (Gen 3) which I don't think I'll get rid of.

They fit my hands well enough and I'm pretty darn accurate with them. Besides that I'm happy to say (as any gun owner would be of any gun(s)) that they have all been 100% out-the-box all the time. Cleaned some religiously and others whenever I felt like it (and that didn't include lubricating them either). Still 100%. Pretty impressive I think.

I used to LOVE them, still do to some degree, but now owning three Sigs (and wanting more), I can see definitively where I want my collection to go (and that's UP of course) Smile

Aside from 2 1960's Colt 1911's and an S&W 39, I only owned Sigs for about 17 years. Then I bought 4 Glocks. How they fit in a person's hand (they fit mine fine) is usually a major issue. Glocks became available shortly after I owned my first Sig and snobbery played a part in my attitude towards Glock. The majority of Sigs are unlikely to ever have the collectible value of some revolvers and I am not convinced a Sig will outlast a Glock.

In absolute terms, a Sig may be more accurate than a Glock, but not in my hands. I like the aspect of Glocks which requires much less fuss than a Sig, some of my Sigs have had rust issues.

All in all though, buying at least one of everything seems like a good idea and with Glock and Sig, the motivation is to buy multiple. With all of my early purchases being Sig, I can now satisfy my gun buying jones with Glock.

Posts: 83 | Registered: August 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll never buy a Glock. Can't stand the look, nor the feel of them

Posts: 81 | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oooooooohhhhh...

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
As long as Glocks come with finger grooves I won't own one. My fingers DO NOT fit those grooves.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i was searching for a glock when i got my first sig a few months ago.

folks that have had a bad grip/hand fitment should definitely hold a short frame.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post