SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DowntownDM:
reliable - check
inexpensive - check
high capacity - check
readily available - check
10mm - check

yep, what's not to love?

Well since you asked....

The blocky grip, the piece of metal dangling from the trigger, and the fact that you can't whack a primer twice if you want to. I prefer a real hammer on my pistols.

But hey, Glocks are awesome guns, and I won't deny it. The simplicity of having every trigger pull be the same short easy trigger pull makes it perfect for cops, who are often times not very good with guns (ironic heh?). And since police departments love to get all "hung up" on capacity (as opposed to more time spent making shots count), Glocks are natural choices. Given the obsession with capacity most agencies have, it makes me wonder if the new Springfield guns with 20 round capacities won't eat into the Glock franchise a bit.

2001 German P220 (45), 1990 W. German P226 9MM.
In the past: Euro P220's 45/38, P225, P229

Posts: 200 | Location: Phoenix Arizona (Glendale Area) | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Eeewwww.... Ya I actually do think I'll end up trying a Glock even though I think they are ugly as a mofo. I'm really intrigued by all the hype behind the G19...

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2556 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"reliable - check
inexpensive - check
high capacity - check
10mm - check

yep, what's not to love?"

Glock is the on gun I have ever had come apart on me (G17). Very un-nerving to have half the slide down range ten feet in front of you and the rest of the slide laying at your feet, and I was using factory ammo.

You won't find me getting back on that poney again....Big

Posts: 254 | Registered: October 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigmnt:
"reliable - check
inexpensive - check
high capacity - check
10mm - check

yep, what's not to love?"

Glock is the on gun I have ever had come apart on me (G17). Very un-nerving to have half the slide down range ten feet in front of you and the rest of the slide laying at your feet, and I was using factory ammo.

You won't find me getting back on that poney again....Big

More details would be interesting to hear?

I've had different generations of Glocks over many years and have never had a problem...

I still feel like my "go to" gun would be my G19.

Cheers,
James

P228 (KF), P226 Navy, P226 Combat TB, P220 Carry

Posts: 300 | Location: Seattle | Registered: December 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have shot various Glocks over the years, and never had the want/need to purchase one. Maybe I'm old school. Beretta's, Sig's and CZ's are my choices.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
I own seven Glocks, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 27, 32 w/23 barrel and a 36. That is more than any other brand in my collection, I have 5 SIGs, 4 each of S&W and HK and 3 or less of any other pistols I have.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of speady1
posted Hide Post
I just bought a G 27 for summer carry. Sig doesn't have a 40 S&W option that will conceal easily enough for me. I looked at the M&P's, the XD's, and the H&K's, but I ended up with the Glock. It has looks that only a mother could love, but it conceals great and shoots just fine.

Cheers!

Jamie

Sig SP 2022
Glock 23
Glock 27
S&W Model 36

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, KY | Registered: September 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
OK, You guys (most of you) have convinced me.

I've found a dealer nearby with some nice model 22 trade-ins and I'm going to pick one up.

When I told my wife (and blamed y'all) she said "What? Another pistol. Not from the household budget you're not!". So, I had to sell one my SKS' at those inflated prices to afford the Glock.

Oh. well....

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can get them at Department price and I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.

Supertac45
Thunder Ranch Commanche
Sig's
N.R.A. Patron Life Member

Posts: 867 | Location: U.P. of Michigan | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned and fired too many Glocks to ever own another one. I will never understand the hype.

"You are, what you do, when it counts."
-The Masao

Posts: 1514 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
reliable - check
inexpensive - check
high capacity - check
10mm - check

And a huge report of nd or ad s.
Therefore I own no striker-fired handgun.

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Glocks I've owned:

Glock 17 (2nd Gen)
Glock 22c
Glock 22
Glock 27

Glocks I own now:

Glock 21 (w/Robar grip reduction)
Glock 17 (3rd Gen)

Glocks I plan to buy:

Glock 23 (w/Robar grip reduction)
Glock 35

I usually don't cuss on public forums, but...

Glocks kick ass!

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4253 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had 27's (x2), 23's (x3) 22's (x2) a 21 and a 35. I currently only have a 27 and a 23 because they are issued to me. Much prefer the S&W M&P series.

Posts: 673 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave-40:
And a huge report of nd or ad s.
Therefore I own no striker-fired handgun.
NDs and ADs, those are training issues. The gun is not to blame.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, I've been convinced. Even though I have issues dropping the mag due to my stubby short little midget pico-fingers, I'll give one a shot. Maybe the extended mag release will help. I hear larry vickers makes a damn decent one.

It's just too much more $$ for a 226 DAK and with the wait times coupled with factory issues, I'm gonna give the glock a shot. And hey, they are durable as heck so I won't need to worry about wiping down a $1000 weapon every day to keep it from rusting in this humid climate.

Posts: 137 | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Code Warrior
Picture of viking442
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Hey, it's viking442!!! Where you been, man?? Smile You should really buy a Glock. Razz

Hey, bro. I've been bad. I allowed myself to become distracted by pretty girls and motorcycles. Wink

I'll likely get my hands on a Glock 19 soon.

Posts: 5177 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rewr
posted Hide Post
Wow this is still going. Eek

Posts: 335 | Location: Anaheim CA | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am waiting on my G32 to come in.

I didn't like Glocks either, until I spent a little time shooting, and then carrying one. That brought about my "moment of clarity".

What I like about the Glock is that *every singe feature* of the design was implemented with the singular goal of making the best carry pistol possible. I like that.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Clemson SC | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Yes I will.... Yes I will.... Yes I will......

The Latest:

Plus I have waiting for me at the store 2 G17's... a pristine 1st gen and a 2nd gen.

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1911_copper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

They are fine weapons for sure...I just can't get used to the grip on them...just doesn't feel right to me. I am still in the old school where I prefer a stee. or aluminum frame of some kind...not a big fan of the plastic! Not that they aren't good...they are REALLY good...I know...just not for me. And yes...I have owned many and currently still own two...couldn't help myself! Big Grin

Posts: 199 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post