SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
Para, in his infinite wisdom, was right all along. I found myself falling in love with this beautiful glock. and just had to have her. I have affectionately named Gretchen. I dream of her at night and long for her seductive sound. She is soooo sweet...........

Posts: 10028 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cute_but_Armed
posted Hide Post
Just had this very conversation last night with a buddy of mine. I've shot the 19 and the 23. I want to like the Glock, I really do. But, my hand refuses to cooperate. Both the 19 and 23 hurt after about 2 mags. My buddy insists on bringing his whole Glock collection to the range on Monday. Maybe one will work for me. Razz

Posts: 191 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220forever:
Para, in his infinite wisdom, was right all along. I found myself falling in love with this beautiful glock. and just had to have her. I have affectionately named Gretchen. I dream of her at night and long for her seductive sound. She is soooo sweet...........

Sweet !! Gretchen Glockenspiel!!

Posts: 294 | Location: Maine | Registered: February 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil
Lite
Picture of One_Fathom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.

Wait a minute. I'll have to buy a Glock and name it too? My SIG Pro, Lily, isn't going to like that. She already bitch slapped a Glock 22 and let it off with a warning.

"Etre fort pour être utile."
-Georges Hébert, 1902

Winter solitude-
in a world of one color
the sound of wind.
-Matsuo Bashō

Posts: 3383 | Location: Eryn Lasgalen | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cute_but_Armed:
Just had this very conversation last night with a buddy of mine. I've shot the 19 and the 23. I want to like the Glock, I really do. But, my hand refuses to cooperate. Both the 19 and 23 hurt after about 2 mags. My buddy insists on bringing his whole Glock collection to the range on Monday. Maybe one will work for me. Razz

Mine hurts, too, after a few mags. But, until I get some Slide Glide and can trust my P229 to work, my 17 can rest behind my mattress for a year with no maintenance and I can trust it to fire off 17 rounds if needed with no oil or grease. Big Grin

-Poly

Posts: 22 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
is this going to turn out to just be a test by PARA you think??? to see how we reacted.

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murray:
is this going to turn out to just be a test by PARA you think??? to see how we reacted.
No, testing has shown that testing around here is a bad idea.

Just buy the Glock.

Oooooooohhhhh...

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Para? Look at my gold pocket watch *dangles watch* Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm buying a Glock.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm buying a Glock.

To each their own...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:
Must ... buy ... many ... Glocks ...
Now ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16533 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
Glock's made decorative wall hangings as well as beautiful musical instruments!

Posts: 10028 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
To each their own...
We understand, brother. It's hard to open that door and let in the Light of Truth. We're here for you.

Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm buying a Glock.

You carry a G 19 already, and I think you've got a 20. What are you buying now? I want a 20 to go along with my G26 and G 34.

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
I once was a "Glock Hater", thought they were pieces of ugly plastic and never would give them a chance. Then Ken Lunde started posting pictures of his Glock collection and one OD G33 in particular.

Well the subliminal messages that he encoded in the pictures sure did the trick. I found myself coveting the Glock and scheming on how I could make it mine. It was Christmas Eve 12-24-05 and I could resist no longer, I headed down to two local gun stores and fondled their collection of Glocks. I thought to myself, what if someone sees me? But the pull was too strong for any mortal man to resist. I left the second store with a NIB G33 that I could call mine.

So now it has many nice holsters and a very nice Galco SSII shoulder rig to make it feel wanted. "I pity the fool that messes with my little friend".

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just sane enough
to know I'm crazy
Picture of RiSigowner
posted Hide Post
I've got a G19 on order, and I believe it comes with two, count 'em..two mags!...

Wow...what a concept.

"A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself."
-Josh Billings

Posts: 8087 | Location: RI | Registered: February 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Having owned a Glock, I know they are reliable and accurate pistols. However, the grip and controls didn't work well for me... enjoy'em, Glock'ers! I'll keep my XD-9SC...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220forever:

BRILLIANT!!! I wish I had thought of that one. Instead I bought a new G22 RTF.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deadman
posted Hide Post
there is nothing inherently wrong with a Glock.
they are a fine, reliable, reasonably priced pistol.
face it, some would not spend the money on a Sig...HK, or can not afford one, whatever. or maybe they see a pistol for what it is.
a tool.
that needs to work everytime.

I just do not shoot a Glock well.

true they are ugly, yes they are " plastic " but there is no question for some people they work extremely well on many different levels.

I just don't shoot them well.

Posts: 1822 | Location: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post