SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Smile Congrats Para...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have bought a Glorp 27 and owned it for a couple years before trading it in on something (P228 maybe?).

I've thought about a butterscotch Glorp 19 lately, but da brass 2 da face / extractor thingy has been making me question the sanity of the purchase... Plus da HK Pro guys are pushing for HK a butterscotch HK45C, which might be a little sweeter than Austrian candy... Hmmm, decisions decisions,

But para is right, at one time I bought a Glock. Wink

Rhino

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yes, as Grandpa might say, "That's how they get ya!!".

Seriously, though, the recent problems with some 9mm Glocks is a real drag, but there's like, nine bazillion Glocks out there.

Plus, I haven't heard of any issues with the G20. Smile

"CAN YOU DIGIIIIIIT!!"

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have bought a Glorp 27 and owned it for a couple years before trading it in on something (P228 maybe?).

I've thought about a butterscotch Glorp 19 lately, but da brass 2 da face / extractor thingy has been making me question the sanity of the purchase... Plus da HK Pro guys are pushing for HK a butterscotch HK45C, which might be a little sweeter than Austrian candy... Hmmm, decisions decisions,

Rhino

I'm right there with you. I'm seriously thinking about a Glock 19 or an HK45c Light LEM / NS. The problem is the HK45c costs twice as much but isn't twice the gun and it's sold out everywhere.

I figure I might as well take a leap of faith in the Glock for $540 and if it turns out to be a lemon, then I'd dump it and go back to HK.

Besides, I'm curious to try the .22 LR conversion for the Glock that just doesn't exist on any HK platform and Glocks have a ton more third party support.

Posts: 314 | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Badkarma 1:
...the accidental discharge thing...
Say what?
Sorry Para, it's just that when somebody mentions "A.D. or "negligent discharge" around me I pretty much think poor gun handleing or as I call it "Operator Error!"
Congrats on hitting 200 pages too!
And I think if any Glorp would cure this curse it would be the 20! 10mm has a rep for chewing in the pistols that chamber it. Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of waco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skipper49:
I'm still worried about Waco. Anybody got anything to say to him, you better do it now, cause he's gonna be servin' hard time for robbery after that deal! Big Grin

Skip

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Amazing deal there, Waco. That customized P6 is indeed sweet, but the Glocks and gear you got for it in return is even sweeter.

Thanks guys, I am still free. The guy I traded with is a cop though. Eek LOL!

I am still happy with the trade. The 21 is my nightstand gun with a +2 base plate on the mag. Nothing wrong with 15 rnds of 45 ACP! I haven't done much with the others yet. I did put the 357 barrel in the 35. That's an awesome set up! I like the 357 Sig round. That said, my EDC is still the 39. Now that I bought a second 39 to replace the 26 I had in an ankle rig for the days I have long pants on, I am all GAP in my EDC. Umm, well there is the P3AT that goes in my pocket...almost all GAP EDC.

Cheers,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 837 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
They seem to have traded bullet proof 9mms and (formerly) problematic .40s, for bulletproof 40s and (maybe formerly) buggy 9mms. Given the switch in the LE market to overwhelmingly .40 usage, this might make sense, but I see no reason why they can't get both the 9mm and .40 bug free.

quote:
quote:
Yes, as Grandpa might say, "That's how they get ya!!".

Seriously, though, the recent problems with some 9mm Glocks is a real drag, but there's like, nine bazillion Glocks out there.

Plus, I haven't heard of any issues with the G20. Smile

"CAN YOU DIGIIIIIIT!!"

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
He's referring to this.
quote:

bdmerc1

Posted May 26, 2012 10:52 PM Hide Post
I'll buy one as soon as they put a real safety on it. It never gets publicized, but the number of a.d.'s with Glocks is disturbing.

Grant it that safe gun handling could prevent most incidents, but the Glock is not very forgiving when improperly handled!

Thanks for the quote source drabfour. I'm not really ragging on bdmerci, maybe he was just inarticulate. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But:

I guess that our LGC NRA handgun course program has had it all wrong for the past 20 years. Us dumbasses have taught about 1,400 students that NO GUN is "very forgiving when improperly handled".

While I understand his point, I don't understand his point. You own a handgun to save your life in a deadly force encounter...and you don't trust YOURSELF to safely handle the gun? Hmmm.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
People who don't know to keep their finger off the trigger are the problem. Don't blame the tool.

Take this conversation elsewhere, please.

posted Hide Post
glock finally free after 10 years......Sig and HK...not looking back

Posts: 900 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I hear this, and it has much validity but...

Would people carry a 1911 cocked and UNlocked, or carrying a SIG hammer back? No one has ever explained to me how the Glock action isn't the equivalent.

quote:
People who don't know to keep their finger off the trigger are the problem. Don't blame the tool.

Take this conversation elsewhere, please.

posted Hide Post
Just stay away from the newer 4th gen 9mms and 3rd gen 9mms...unless you dig getting beaned in the head with empty brass.

I speak from experience with my third Glock - a recently made 3rd gen G19.

- brickboy240

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by searay215:
glock finally free after 10 years......Sig and HK...not looking back
Yeah, you'd better not. There are big, giant Glocks standing right behind you. Razz

posted Hide Post
Glock decided to become SIG.

Nowdays, if you want a reliable 9mm that will run right....you better seek out an older one.

In the polymer world...the field LOOKS wide but in fact it is still very narrow.

The M&P is having accuracy issues and has a mushy trigger with an unnoticeable re-set. You have to drop 100 bucks of parts into it to make the trigger tolerable. Then...you still have the accuracy issue and might need to swap barrels.

The Walther PPQ looks interesting but it's mag cost and lack of holster choices versus the Glock, M&P and XD leave much to be desired. Walther is also famous for putting guns to market then discontinuing them ala the P99.

The XD? Well, the trigger on these is also less than lovely and has a really long re-set. Parts are hard to get on these guns, too.

Where is one to go for a reliable polymer 9mm these days? LOL

- brickboy240

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the polymer world...the field LOOKS wide but in fact it is still very narrow...

Where is one to go for a reliable polymer 9mm these days?
Two letters. HK. Pick your poison - USP/USPC/P2000/P2000SK/P30.

Not cheap, but like others have said, whats your life worth? Wink

But the Gen 2 & Gen 3 Glock 17 & 19 are like the definition of reliable 9MM pistols. I conceed that here and now, and would like to pick a Glorp up to get to know them better... but not knowing much, I think I'll steer clear of the current crop for just a bit...

Rhino

posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with the (9) Gen 3 Glock 9mm's that I own. They have never failed to go bang, never jammed in any way shape or form, and all throw their brass to the right, away from me. They've been doing that through 20K +/- rounds in basic stock format.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry but HKs are d/a s/a with a hammer.

Not the same as a Glock.

The P30 also runs about 1000 bucks and mags are not cheap and everywhere, either.

HKs are quality guns....but not in the same category.

- brickboy240

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brickboy240:
Sorry but HKs are d/a s/a with a hammer.
Not LEM guns. That is what brought me to HK. A hammer fired consistent trigger pull everytime, unlike DA/SA.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Or a very new one. I think all these issue have been worked out.

quote:
Originally posted by brickboy240:
Glock decided to become SIG.

Nowdays, if you want a reliable 9mm that will run right....you better seek out an older one.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Or a very new one. I think all these issue have been worked out.
That would suggest Glock knows the nature of the problem. If that's the case, why are users getting pistols returned to then still exhibiting this behavior?

I'd really appreciate a bit of plain speaking from Glock on this matter.