SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
G30/G30SF
Those are the subcompacts.
Good Heavens. Did you not say you were looking for "something in the size of the G19, G23, G38 and G32"?

Well, I own G19s, and I own a G29SF, which is the same pistol as the G30SF but for the caliber, and the G19 and G29SF/G30SF are just about the same size.

Of course, when I say they're just about the same size, I am referring to the Three Dimensions of Space. Perhaps you have additional dimensions in mind aside from length, width and height. Confused

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
quote:
G30/G30SF
Those are the subcompacts.
Good Heavens. Did you not say you were looking for "something in the size of the G19, G23, G38 and G32"?

Well, I own G19s, and I own a G29SF, which is the same pistol as the G30SF but for the caliber, and the G19 and G29SF/G30SF are just about the same size.

Of course, when I say they're just about the same size, I am referring to the Three Dimensions of Space. Perhaps you have additional dimensions in mind aside from length, width and height. Confused
I did say that. If that is the closest to a G19 I can get in .45acp, well then I'm headin to the gun shop to wrap my hands around a G30/SF. If the glove fits, I will buy a Glock.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
I am loving me glocks right now. While I love sig's, i'm just in glock junkie mode right now.

If this is a sickness, I'm not sure I'm looking for a cure Smile

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was really close. The drama over the current 19 has scared me off for the moment. I'll wait for the problems to be resolved, or until I run across a Gen 3 made early enough that it's avoided the problems. From what I've gathered here, anything built in 2008 should be safe.

Still on the lookout, though.....

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3479 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bdmerc1
posted Hide Post
I'll buy one as soon as they put a real safety on it. It never gets publicized, but the number of a.d.'s with Glocks is disturbing.

Grant it that safe gun handling could prevent most incidents, but the Glock is not very forgiving when improperly handled!

Posts: 58 | Location: GA | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grant it that safe gun handling could prevent most incidents, but the Glock is not very forgiving when improperly handled!

Ees GUN! Gun ees not SAFE!

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdmerc1:
I'll buy one as soon as they put a real safety on it. It never gets publicized, but the number of a.d.'s with Glocks is disturbing.

Eek Oh noes! The Glocks is bad!!!! Ban the Glocks!!!!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
Alas; I STILL do not own a Glock.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
just ran 300 rounds through two of the gen4 31s (600 rds total) and I had 6 bad ejections (to the face).

And I only noticed it happening during rapid fire (i.e. mag dump).

Simple shooting (2-3 rounds at a time), ejection was fine.

each gun had 200 rds of FMJ through it, then 100 rds of JHP.

Both guns were then cleaned and put into service.

Will do the other two tonight.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of waco
posted Hide Post
In the last 2 weeks I have acquired 5 Glocks. I traded P226RNs CCR customized P6 that I bought last year for 4 Glocks, a deal I couldn't refuse. I traded this:

For these:

Gen4 Glock 21 with Henie night sights

Gen3 Glock 17 9-11 special with meprolight night sights:

Gen3 Glock 35 with Henie night sights and KKM 357 Barrel:

Gen4 Glock 31 with TruGlo night sights:

I also got all the mags and holsters in the pics. Not a bad trade, I would say.

I also picked up a second Glock 39 this week for ankle carry.

For some reason I keep coming back to Glocks. I still have plenty of Sigs though. Wink

Cheers,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 837 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Waco,
That's one hell of a deal you got there!!!!!!!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
So.... Who got the better deal?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of waco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Waco,
That's one hell of a deal you got there!!!!!!!

Thanks agony. I have traded with this guy in the past. On the last trade I gave up a 225 and 220 for a LNIB Dan Wesson vBob. He saw the custom P6 then and hit me up a month later asking if I still had it and offer me all the Glock stuff for it. I hadn't planned on letting the P6 go, but I couldn't turn him down. I still have another P6, so it no super loss for me.

Cheers,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 837 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I did the first detail strip of my G19 yesterday to install my LWD 3.5# connector and NY trigger spring.

I can't believe how easy this pistol is to disassemble.
After trying this and that combo with the 3.5 and stock connector and the stock and NY spring, I was able to strip the frame in 10 seconds or less.

Amazing..

I ended up with the 3.5 connector and the stock trigger spring.
The NY spring made it a bit heavy, but it was indeed like a DA revolver pull as advertised.

This thread had a lot to do with my purchase of my G19.
I always balked at the Glock grip angle, but it is hardly noticeable when I handle it now.

We as humans, easily adapt.. Cool

I've sold 4 XD pistols because of the sloppy trigger.

This G19 is a keeper.
Thinking about buying another one or a G26..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry, but having your finger on the trigger is NOT an "accidental discharge" more like negligent. In 13 years of owning Glock handguns, and carrying them daily, keeping my finger off the trigger until I'm ready to shoot, and properly reholstering, I've NEVER had a negligent aka "accidental" discharge.

There are no safeties invented that will prevent your dedicated idiot from firing the gun, save for one, keeping your finger off the trigger. If a person can't remember to do that, I don't want to trust their "safe" gun handling "skills" to remember to engage that safety that will prevent them from acting stupidly.

Now back to the topic. I just renewed my GSSF membership. I now have the card that allows me to purchase a blue labelled LE only Glock. Probably a Gen4 G34, or maybe another Gen4 G19. We'll see.

Best,

Dave

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1032 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Waco, the P6 was beautiful, but for four Glocks I'd say you got an excellent deal not even counting the upgraded sites, mags, and holsters. That guy really wanted a Sig and he got a good looking one.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waco:
In the last 2 weeks I have acquired 5 Glocks. I traded P226RNs CCR customized P6 that I bought last year for 4 Glocks, a deal I couldn't refuse.

I also got all the mags and holsters in the pics. Not a bad trade, I would say.

I also picked up a second Glock 39 this week for ankle carry.

For some reason I keep coming back to Glocks. I still have plenty of Sigs though. Wink

Wow! I'm not even a Glock fan and I think you got a great deal!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:

A Glock (or any firearm for that matter) firing because someone put their finger on the trigger is not an accident. It is negligence. There is an infinite chasm of difference between those two terms (and probably nearly as much legal-ese as well).

Posts: 1732 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Amazing deal Waco!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Archange1
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is no such thing as a gun ACCIDENT

Matthew

Posts: 165 | Location: NH | Registered: March 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post