SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, this thread strikes again!

Just picked up a G-19, gen 3, and a few mags the other day. I might just send this one out to Polymer Refined.

That brings my Glock count up to 5 or so. My wife is liking how the G-43 fits... Somewhere down the road, I'll be getting yet another Glock.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
My carry/truck gun is a G19 ... if something unfortunate comes up, I know it will go bang ... and I wont have to worry about the cops etching a number on it when they take it into evidence ... I sure as hell wouldn't want done to a Kimber!

My Glock count is 1

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since you swapped in sights from your G33, you might need to take the G21 to the range and verify POI. The 9/40/357 Glocks tend to use taller front sights than the 45/10mm Glocks. The HD front sight off your G33 might be too tall for the G21, so your shots may impact low as a result.

That happened to me, had a set of HD Trijicon night sights put on the G20SF, finally took it shooting and couldn't hit the target, now I'm ok but not bad and at 10 yards putting zero on the paper bad" Raised it up and started putting it on paper.

We confirmed they had 9mm sights on the 45, so I had them moved over to my new G19, and installed a correct set on the 45.

Time to go test them out...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Yup! I just got my second one. I went from an anything but Glock guy to a fan. Just picked up the 43 and I really like it. I considering adding 1 more full size to the pack.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone using a 33? And if so what are your thoughts on it?

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Just added a Talo 43, my 2nd Glock. The other is a 36, both have night sights.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 23 police trade in - Should have it within the week, any parts you think should be replaced?

I know i can get a .357 sig barrel for it, but sights would be off correct?

thanks

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
Glock 23 police trade in - Should have it within the week, any parts you think should be replaced?

I'd replace the recoil spring at a minimum.

And it'd be worth the ~$20 and ~5 minutes to replace all the springs (recoil, firing pin, firing pin safety, extractor, and trigger).

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I'd replace the recoil spring at a minimum.

And it'd be worth the ~$20 and ~5 minutes to replace all the springs (recoil, firing pin, firing pin safety, extractor, and trigger).

that is what i was thinking, seen a few packs that had all the required springs. Why not

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

thanks

Sights should be fine..
9/357sig/40 all use a 6.5 rear sight height.
45/10mm use a 6.9 rear sight height.
They all use the same front sight height, unless you're using a suppressor..

And yes, I'd highly recommend a an OEM Glock G32 barrel for 357sig.
Although most distributors I use are out of stock.

LWD seems to have one of their Lone Wolf Dist Glock 32 barrel in stock.

Good luck..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

thanks

Sights should be fine..
9/357sig/40 all use a 6.5 rear sight height.
45/10mm use a 6.9 rear sight height.
They all use the same front sight height, unless you're using a suppressor..

And yes, I'd highly recommend a an OEM Glock G32 barrel for 357sig.
Although most distributors I use are out of stock.

LWD seems to have one of their Lone Wolf Dist Glock 32 barrel in stock.

Good luck..

thanks, i was able to find what you described after some research.

posted Hide Post
I've been an almost daily lurker on this forum for the better part of two years. I finally decided to officially join.

I have been immensely impressed by the way this forum is run and the kindness and generosity of its members. Not that you needed any affirmation from an "outsider."

I'm making my first post in this thread because it is the one that I thought would never come true. I never believed I would own a Glock. But, as with so many other things, the wisdom of this forum won out in the end. Nothing special, just a Plain Jane G19. I will, however, post a pic once it has been properly outfitted with a WarPig holster from Ryan. A wonderful birthday present from my wife that I can't wait to arrive.

Thanks again to you all for this place of sanity in what is increasingly becoming an insane world.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
My "plain jane" 2nd gen 19 will chew up and spit out anything I put through her, including mixed ammo magazines. Nothing wrong with plain jane with reliability like that.

Gratuitous plain jane pic

Welcome aboard.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: whododat,

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
I've been an almost daily lurker on this forum for the better part of two years. I finally decided to officially join.

I have been immensely impressed by the way this forum is run and the kindness and generosity of its members. Not that you needed any affirmation from an "outsider."

I'm making my first post in this thread because it is the one that I thought would never come true. I never believed I would own a Glock. But, as with so many other things, the wisdom of this forum won out in the end. Nothing special, just a Plain Jane G19. I will, however, post a pic once it has been properly outfitted with a WarPig holster from Ryan. A wonderful birthday present from my wife that I can't wait to arrive.

Thanks again to you all for this place of sanity in what is increasingly becoming an insane world.

Welcome Palm!

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
My "plain jane" 2nd gen 19 will chew up and spit out anything I put through her, including mixed ammo magazines. Nothing wrong with plain jane with reliability like that.

Welcome aboard.

My plain Jane Gen 2 G19 would be the last firearm owned to be ridded of..
And only giving it up by prying it out of my cold dead hand... Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Still the ultimate G19.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
^^^^ Still the ultimate G19.

100% agreed. Carry one every day. See no need for any change.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ultimate Glock for me would be a Gen 2 Glock 19 with RTF2 texture.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

My plain Jane Gen 2 G19 would be the last firearm owned to be ridded of..
And only giving it up by prying it out of my cold dead hand... Big Grin

I probably need to find another one.
Two is better than one... Wink

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
If Glock still made Gen-2 19's I'd buy several. As it is I own 0.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post