SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Glocking with Jr. this morning in the combat pits.

Love 'em

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigedigee
posted Hide Post
My Glock RTF 22 is an excellent weapon.....

4th SQD. 7th CAVALRY

Posts: 41 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
Bought my first Glock last May just as Para said I would. Bought my 3rd one in Dec. Ya gotta love em!

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Decon:
Bought my first Glock last May just as Para said I would. Bought my 3rd one in Dec.
I'm hoping for "Prophet" status some day. Big Grin

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Porkie
posted Hide Post
It took me three days to work my way through this thread. I got a Glock 34 for Christmas. Of course I ALWAYS get what I want for Christmas. I might want to learn how to shoot a game someday.

Anyway the others I used to have, a M36 my grandson now carries in those places where he's ordered to go around without a magazine in his M9 and his M4 and the other, a M33 that I just bypassed both ‘ran like a Glock' as we are want to say.

Additionally, the things are everywhere, if you are actually a gunman and might train for the eventuality of picking up a pistol on the battlefield, it would not be unreasonable to be familiar with a Glock, whether you like them or not.

As to the commentary from the ‘Polymer Engineer’ guy that Para sent off with a flea in his ear: rubbish. Opinion only with little or no actual engineering art to support it. Probably needs to confer with a mechanical engineer. The polymer material is relatively unstressed in a gun, even if it’s the stock on a battle rifle.

Chinese toys give up with age, not technical stuff, like the laser window in the front of a Hellfire or the case for an implanted pacemaker; or a Glock. Who’s planning to leave a Glock to posterity anyway? That’s for Winchester M21s and British best side lock ejectors.

Happy New Year and regards, Porkie

Posts: 968 | Location: MN | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
What impresses me is Glock simplicity. In a way they are like Colt 1911s in Condition One but with the safety off. Ready to go, yet infinitely safe as long as the finger is off the trigger. Plus, fewer working parts and less upkeep than other pistols. Glock must have done something right: the company revolutionized the pistol-making business and the design is being copied right and left.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arturius
posted Hide Post
What he said ^

Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar

Posts: 840 | Location: Georgia | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
the fact is that Glocks flat-out work. They're reliable and durable and user-serviceable, all attributes of great tools.

Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullseyeShooter
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like I am going to have to recant a previous post about Glocks. Dare I say it, the dark side is drawing me towards the purchase of a Glock 27. What do you think, should I give Glock another chance?

I am thinking of replacing the factory mag release, slide catch and the slide lock with extended ones to give it a different experience. Anyone know if the extended mag release has any problems when carried in a traditional strong side holster? Razz

Posts: 440 | Location: South East Florida | Registered: May 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Extended slide catch and slide lock plus the 3.5 lb trigger and the only three after-market changes I would consider. Well, maybe different sights or an after-market barrel, but that's a matter of personal preference and one's decision whether to reload or not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeremiahjj,

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Bought my first Glock last May just as Para said I would. Bought my 3rd one in Dec.

I'd settle for some profit myself in this economy.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Push the envelope.
Watch it bend.
Picture of DonovanM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I dub thee Parabraham. May you always hear the word of Glod Big Grin

Posts: 2497 | Location: WA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the range today - had a M&P 9mm, Sig p226, XD9, G19 and G26. The MP and glocks were mine, and the G19 is the one I've shot, carried and used the most. The 26 was picked up 4-5 weeks ago and it replaced the 19 in my holster. After about 4-500 rounds (between all of us), the 19 is back in the holster and the 26 is going to my sister. Shooting the G19 was just so smooth, accurate and quick in my hands. When I slipped it back in my holster, it clicked in and felt so at home. Without a doubt, it is my favorite pistol. I've spent so much money trying to find a replacement for it. H&K's, Sigs, FN's, S&W's, CZ's, XD's, even a sub-compact glock....nothing compares.

I LOVE THIS GUN!

Posts: 573 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dirknar
posted Hide Post
I just sold a P220 carry and bought another Glock.. A G23 to be my G22's companion. No Mo sigs.. Just G's baby.. I just freaken shoot-em better..??

P226 w.German

Posts: 720 | Location: Spokane WA. | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Son, you've got more signature than John Hancock.

Is there a reply in there?

I'll never buy a Glock :P

Posts: 2028 | Location: St.Louis County, Mo | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Well I did it again.... No longer Glock-less.

Glock 23 RTF.

Nice. Did you get that Gen2 17 as well? I'm thinking of adding either a 26 or a 30 soon.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently in a short-arm cast. My Glock 17GEN4 handles just as well in my weak hand as it did in my strong hand. I feel confident with it.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
Still holding out strong! Razz

Although I think I'd snag a good condition G19 if I found one in the $300-$375 range.

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
100 pages and still going strong. The immortal thread won't die....Darth Sarge.

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
Need a 26 to go with my 19.

Should I get the 4th Gen?

I'm leaning toward a 3rd Gen I think.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post