SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No shame.......I've felt the freedom for over a decade.

Posts: 584 | Location: Shakedown Street | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks are good guns.

Also, they come in 10mm.

Posts: 422 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being a loud-mouth troublemaker
posted Hide Post
It happened at a party there was a lot of peer pressure "everyones doing it". It was not my fault. They Glocked me. It was my first time. I had no experience with plastic, I'd never even tried a .40 before. I was a babe in the woods. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!.
Before I knew it I was loading magazines as fast as I could, budgeting more ammo, buying more magazines and holsters. My world was spinning out of control. It was my wife's fault SHE gave it to me for my birthday because she heard me tell a friend that I had never tried it.
I finally got myself under control when I bought a SIG 2340 at a very good price and learned that there were other ways to get a plastic .40 thrill. Then I weaned myself back with a CZ-75 P-06. I have myself under control again.

Seriously. There are things about every gun I like and things about every gun I don't like. If there was one "perfect gun" then I would only own one. The Glock (mines a 22c) is just another tool in the box. Will I own another? If a 20 comes along reasonably yes. The funny thing about the debate is that all of the points pro and con maybe right. It's just what the individual either wants or is willing to put up with. Reliability issues seem to me to be more a matter of luck than brand.

Posts: 23226 | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
There are only two types of shooters in this world.

Those who shoot Glocks.

And those who eventually will...again.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy my Sigs, but I find the G19 comes with me wherever I go.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let us spray...

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chucked
posted Hide Post
These types of threads really baffle me. Why in the world would some of you think that a Glock pistol is so great that EVERYONE needs one or will eventually have one. I personally will NEVER, EVER buy a plastic, hammerless gun. Not only are they just slightly less ugly than a Hi-Point and a Beretta Neos, but to me, they feel chintzy. Don't get me started on that ugly boxy flat top of the slide, sheesh, reminds me of shooting a square iron bar. My nephew has one in .40 S&W and I frequently out class him at the range when shooting against him with my .40 cal. CZ 75B. Glocks may be reliable and nearly every LEO has one, but, this guy will never own ANY plastic, hammerless gun.

Posts: 288 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chucksolo69:
These types of threads really baffle me. Why in the world would some of you think that a Glock pistol is so great that EVERYONE needs one or will eventually have one. I personally will NEVER, EVER buy a plastic, hammerless gun. Not only are they just slightly less ugly than a Hi-Point and a Beretta Neos, but to me, they feel chintzy. Don't get me started on that ugly boxy flat top of the slide, sheesh, reminds me of shooting a square iron bar. My nephew has one in .40 S&W and I frequently out class him at the range when shooting against him with my .40 cal. CZ 75B. Glocks may be reliable and nearly every LEO has one, but, this guy will never own ANY plastic, hammerless gun.

if you have to ask you dont know....Drink the kool aid. If you wont own plastic hammerless guns that is good it makes even more of them for me to buy cause I own sigs I carry glocks........its like a Timex verse a Rolex

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chucked
posted Hide Post
I would hardly classify ANY Glock as a rolex. That sir, is reserved for my custom Colt MKIV Series 70 Govt. Model 1911. I equate Glocks to those $1.00 gum machine watches you see at the drug store and Mexican taco shops.

Posts: 288 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The haters and the true believers both baffle me. Any time someone comes to me for recommendations on pistols to try I always tell them to give Glocks a try. If it feels right then you'd be crazy not to get one. The price to reliability ratio puts it at the top of the "try it out" list.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGlockBoy
posted Hide Post
You hit it on the head. I love my Sigs which shoot so true and accurate with a glove like fit BUT I carry Glocks.

You ask why?

After 20 years, I have come to own a pretty long list of pistols and Glocks have hit the mark more so than any other pistol in the OVERALL pistol category.

If you carry, you will find you can hide a cannon in Winter, Carry any size Glock compfortably in Spring and Fall, and then really find your worth trying to hide something in the dead of summer. Keltec, Revolver, Beretta Tomcat/950 Jetfire or 21......And even then, you try to still hide the Glock. Who cares what caliber. Smile

**FFL licensed gunsmith with 20+ years experience and still learn something new every single day.

Posts: 65 | Registered: February 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have recently converted to the religion of Glock. When I first started buying handguns I couldn't stand the Glock. It was boring, ugly, nothing unique about it. Felt weird to shoot and wasn't the greatest with the trigger. Well after a few years and 20+ handguns later I have settled on a Glock 19 as my everyday carry.

Plastic has never bothered me, if it works and is reliable I have no need for a heavy metal gun just for the sake of having a metal gun. Polymer has proven durable, reliable, and very easy to carry.

I used to be a die hard H&K man but the more I shoot the more I have come to see the genius behind the glock design. As far as looks go I have gotten over buying a gun because it looks cool...my main focus now is becoming as proficient as I can with my carry weapon regardless of how it looks.

I think I never gave the Glock a chance before because I never wanted to like it, always found a reason to dislike it no matter how much sense it made.

Posts: 97 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: January 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chucksolo69:

Ah, the all too familiar pulling of hair, foaming at the mouth, and gnashing of teeth. You're starting to show the symptoms...... Its just beginning. Razz

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Now I'm worried...is there a penalty if I don't??

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have oened glocks be for and they shoot ok but they uglyyy i guess what i am saying is never will i owne a glock and watch i bolw yp in a shooters hand next to me.So never no boom boom
in my hand.
Tony Kilmer

Posts: 98 | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gambitx
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys but a Glock 22 was my first.

one month old and over 1500 rds shoot through it with no problems.

Posts: 36 | Location: Brandon FL | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one Glock 22, But the Sig p 226 and Smith And Wesson 4006 are my babe's

Posts: 85 | Location: Bloomington Minnesota | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Let us spray...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Now I'm worried...is there a penalty if I don't??

Non-buyer's remorse...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Notice the tiny size of his junk.

Says sumpin about Glock owners. Big Grin

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post