SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nope, I will never own a Glock. It doesn't work in my hands; I can't stand the little grip ridge things. Always make my pinkie go numb, and I can't get it to seat properly.

I also don't like the trigger and the trigger safety system and the lack of a hammer. Just doesn't work for me. I appreciate that they work for some people, but I'm not one of them.

And a profit of hundreds of dollars? Looks like we got ourselves a regular Rockefeller! Wink

Posts: 797 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,

LOVE the Browning! Looks like the one I carried for 10 years. Love to have it back now.

Harold B
----------------------
"God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Posts: 1009 | Location: Pacific NW - USA | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I bought that High Power in 1994. It's a forged frame pistol produced in 1990, and in all the rounds I've fired through it, it has never malfunctioned. The grip straps are beginning to wear pretty good (that pic is from several years ago).
I wouldn't mind having the frame hard chromed, but it works so well as it is, I don't want to mess with it. Load it with good quality standard velocity ammo and factory or Mec-Gar mags and you got yourself a shooter!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted Hide Post
Said the late Borninfire:

quote:

For more information, please PM me directly. We surely have much to discuss.

I have a feeling that your SIGForum PM function may not work for you, considering the CUT you just earned Razz

Posts: 1715 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and that ridiculous shit he put in his last post was posted here before. It's the same idiot, or he copied it. Either way, it's clear from his comments about the RTF2 treatment of Third Gen Glocks that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. No volume of nonsensical static will cover up for the fact he's clueless.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Your West German P226 is perfect Para. Some day I will have another just like that sir.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Borninfire= Troll.

On another note my Glock 32RTF is a sweet little number. Going to take it out again later this week and run some Gold-Dots through it and see how they do. Was shooting WWB 125gr FMJ and had good luck with it.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Borninfire= Troll.
The Hell you say.

posted Hide Post
Found my P-35 in a pawn shop, mid 70's - rusted and HAY inside. It had spent it's previous life under a farmer's truck seat. I did a re-blue, new grips and a slightly larger safety. Good to go Big Grin

Nothing fits the hand like a High Power. Cept maybe a Model 19 S&W.

Harold B
----------------------
"God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Posts: 1009 | Location: Pacific NW - USA | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I will just hurry up and wait for a Gen 4 20. LOL. I thought about the 20SF but I want the factory dual recoil as well.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maynard
posted Hide Post
I brought home my first Glock today, a third generation 17.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: January 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I always wipe my firearms down after I pistol whip someone in the face. Looks like you still have a little blood splatter on the slide.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always been a Sig guy. Met my fiance a couple years ago and went shooting. She brought HER glock 19. I shot it...and loved it. I guess it fits me pretty well--I feel faster and more accurate with it than I ever have with my sigs.

GCK

P229 .40
P226 Navy
Glock 19
Kahr PM9

Posts: 22 | Location: North Texas | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
I love Glocks.... I've got four and waiting on my Gen 4 LE Glock 27 to come in.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Glock got me again...

My second .40SW; the brontosaurus, new production G24. Forgot how much I dislike the too smooth Gen3 RTF grip side finish but it shoots nice enough, though snappier than I expected after so many told me that long guns like the G35 and G24 are pussycats. More like a pissed-off pussycat. Spoiled by my Gen4 G23, I think. Grip treatment is in the works, and already have a laundry list of other things to modify and change out to make it operate a bit better.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Soggy,

What sights are on the G23?

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yeah, Glock got me again...

My second .40SW; the brontosaurus, new production G24. Forgot how much I dislike the too smooth Gen3 RTF grip side finish but it shoots nice enough, though snappier than I expected after so many told me that long guns like the G35 and G24 are pussycats. More like a pissed-off pussycat. Spoiled by my Gen4 G23, I think. Grip treatment is in the works, and already have a laundry list of other things to modify and change out to make it operate a bit better.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Making friends,
influencing people
posted Hide Post
Our dept switched from Sig P226's that were about 13 yrs old to brand new Gen4 Glock 22's this year.

Wow! I was a Sig fan and loved my 226, but man I shoot WAY better with the Glock. Most of our deputies shoot better with the Glock.

I love the trigger, the feel, the whole thing.

I am going to a shooting school on Monday and can't wait to run the Glock all day. I took the same class in April with the Sig, now I get to do it with the Glock.

------------------------------------------
Have you seen a wolf in Michigan? Please report your sightings at Michigan Wolf Sightings

Posts: 2346 | Location: MI | Registered: November 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPDrunner
posted Hide Post
Glocks are fine weapons. I did sell mine and I only have Sigs... however... I'm sure I will buy another Glock at some time in my life Smile

"The body is healthy when the heart is at ease."

Posts: 1154 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin:
Our dept switched from Sig P226's that were about 13 yrs old to brand new Gen4 Glock 22's this year.

Wow! I was a Sig fan and loved my 226, but man I shoot WAY better with the Glock. Most of our deputies shoot better with the Glock.

I love the trigger, the feel, the whole thing.

I am going to a shooting school on Monday and can't wait to run the Glock all day. I took the same class in April with the Sig, now I get to do it with the Glock.

What was the reason your dept. made the switch to glocks.?

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Soggy,

What sights are on the G23?

Right now it's wearing an Ameriglo NS front--basically a Trijicon because it uses one of their Bright & Tough tubes. The rear is a Novak NS, again built around the same Trijicon tritium.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post