SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Submitted 4/13
Approved 4.17.

You bastard.

Big Grin

Congrats! What is it?

Posts: 17176 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another surefire. This time a mini. But this was a complete impulse buy. My dealers inventory normally ok was totally plucked clean and there was exactly one item I would consider. I was compelled to get something into the system to see what happened. Overcome in truth. Compelled by the vision of a two day turnaround. I just wanted to experience it once!. After a decade on years. And getting an F3 to get something I craved would be a month. So here we are...
Edited to add for P220Smudge. Going to try first hanging it off a 16" scar, then my SBR P90 instead of the B&T QD just for fun. Thought you might like the latter.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11009 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two stamps I am wanting for.
The ATF received them April 6,2023. On a trust.
I submitted a form four on Friday April 12,2024. I got the approval email today. April 17, 2024
Filed as an individual.
I will pick it up on Friday afternoon.

I just wanted to see how fast it was. Compared to my other submissions

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
21 hour approval.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5155 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS just got two sub-two-week approvals back. These were mail-in prints. So, less than two weeks from when the prints were posted. Pretty awesome.

Posts: 2171 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
LALALALALALALA I can't hear you guys...

>_<

I'm at 5 months for my Alaskan, Trust, eforms.

Posts: 5148 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Edited to add for P220Smudge. Going to try first hanging it off a 16" scar, then my SBR P90 instead of the B&T QD just for fun. Thought you might like the latter.

Oooh, yeah I would be interested to see how that works out. Eventually we're going to need a suppressed P90 thread. Big Grin

Whenever I get cleared, I'm really looking forward to trying my Griffin can on mine with the EZ Brake. It's probably not the ideal muzzle device and I'll probably eventually put something else on there, but it was free with the can and doesn't need to be indexed, so it's what's going on there.

quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
LALALALALALALA I can't hear you guys...

>_<

I'm at 5 months for my Alaskan, Trust, eforms.

Right? Killin' me over here. Hey NICS, get with the program! Mad

Posts: 17176 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Okay. Second try. I told my NFA dealer I wanted an B&T SRBS 556 Compact SF. My dealer told me he had the 556 Compact SF in, but it came in in the white. Well....B&T has a history, with me, of switching the final product from the marketing material. So I bought it. It's NOT the SRBS. It's the Rotex. Ugh. Oh well. I wanted a SOCOM Mini can anyway. This will take its place, I suppose, and I will wait until the SRBS is available.

Submitted to NFA today 4/19/24. The wait begins.

Posts: 2017 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Approved in 4 days (including the weekend)! I might be able to pick it up by tonight.

Posts: 2017 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
was at my dealer certifying a silencer shop purchase today. everything is submitted.
let's see how long my wait is.

jk 105cc suppressor.

--

04/27/24
approved today

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I let it sit for a week, but I just emailed NICSliaison@FBI.gov, OCA@FBI.gov, and IPB@ATF.gov on the same CC. I gave the four delayed NTN's, said the following:

They are confirmed delayed by the ATF.
FBI says it's ATF's responsibility.
ATF says it's FBI's responsibility.
I have never had a denial.
I haven't had a delay in over a year.
Two of these are from last fall and are over the average wait time now.
I have an approval from three weeks ago, and included this NTN.

I explained that I know of no reason why they would be delayed, and asked if they could please be resolved.

As I type this, I got a sixth form reply from the NICS liaison in six minutes.

Next step is to email my representative and get him in on this. My FFL said he had a customer deal with him just the other day and he got things working on the back end and cleared out a logjam of approvals.

Part of this is me looking around at everyone getting their shit and saying "well, where's mine?" Yes. Part of it is I know if I hadn't asked last year at 121 days that I probably wouldn't have gotten my amnesty SBR's because they stopped issuing approvals just a few weeks later when the injunction came through, yes. Part of it is also to see what potentially gets results, because by my count, there's two Sigforum members so far who've had approvals in under 24 hours after inquiring with means I suggested. A huge part of it for me is that if enough people sit and quietly wait for them for over a year to do their job that they believe it's ok to do so. If this can be done in 24 hours, there's no reason to let them take months or a year to do so unbothered.

*Edit - Heard back from Andy Biggs' office in about fifteen minutes. The congressional inquiry release documents have been filled, signed, and returned to them. I guess we'll see what happens next. Fifteen minutes waiting in a gun store for a NICS check, but all this bullshit for NFA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
LOL!

Just got an approval email for the Ecco can I filed as an individual back on the 2nd.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
LOL!

Just got an approval email for the Ecco can I filed as an individual back on the 2nd.

COINCIDENCE!?

Probably... :-p

also congrats!

Posts: 5148 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If so, it’s a hell of a coincidence! Big Grin

My FFL had me come over late to pick it up. He said he’s done three other cans since I started mine and they were all approved faster than me.

Thanks. Feels good, man. Cool

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Okay. Second try. I told my NFA dealer I wanted an B&T SRBS 556 Compact SF. My dealer told me he had the 556 Compact SF in, but it came in in the white.

High-temp black spray paint is your friend! It worked fine on my Nomad Ti.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17287 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
High-temp black spray paint is your friend! It worked fine on my Nomad Ti.

Thanks, and to any that might be considering the Surefire HUB from B&T, it's sharp. Like you need gloves to manipulate it sharp.

posted Hide Post
LGS says they've submitted about twenty silencer eforms in the past month, with mailed-in fingerprints. They've gotten three back.

So, that makes for a 15% quick turn-around rate. Not great, so far.

Posts: 2171 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I was at the LGS yesterday and they said they can't keep silencers in stock due to the quick turnaround times. They had a bunch of empty shelf space. FWIW, just about every gun store in AZ has a lot of shelf space dedicated to silencers.

Posts: 3543 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Approval for my Polonium came through at 7am. Yesterday I shook the hand of the guy who builds them and got to shoot one for the first time. Shop’s closed today, I’ll pick it up in the morning.

posted Hide Post
Whooooo! I am psyched for you. I am also super curious about the Polonium. The OCM5 has been great, since I got the proper brake mount. The LGS has a Polonium on the way, and I am eager to see it in person. Lord knows I don't need (and can't afford) another 5.56 can, but I think the Polonium represents near-peak performance.