SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Eform 4. Suppressor. Submitted 10/26/23. Approved 03/21/24. Should pick up later today. 147 day. 4 months, 24 days. Felt like longer. I need to get something else in the queue, stat.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I better buy lottery ticket now.

Form 4 submitted 1PM, 03/19/24.
Received APPROVAL in my email notification this morning, with Approval Date of 03/21/2024. The ink is still wet.

I better drive down to my FFL during lunch to pick it up. Feeling like a small kid on Christmas day.

I just picked it up from my FFL Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by ador:
I just did Form 4 via my FFL dealer where I purchased an Omega 45K yesterday. I was told that they have been getting approvals back from ATF for Form 4 lately, within 2-7 days from filing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ador,

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Dang, good on you.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I better buy lottery ticket now.

Form 4 submitted 1PM, 03/19/24.
Received APPROVAL in my email notification this morning, with Approval Date of 03/21/2024. The ink is still wet. Big Grin

I better drive down to my FFL during lunch to pick it up. Feeling like a small kid on Christmas day.

quote:
I just did Form 4 via my FFL dealer where I purchased an Omega 45K yesterday. I was told that they have been getting approvals back from ATF for Form 4 lately, within 2-7 days from filing.

Was that a trust or individual?

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Individual.

quote:
Originally posted by neverenoughguns:
Was that a trust or individual?

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went by my dealer today intent on buying something. Normally he has a great inventory. I wanted something that was already on his books so I could see if this rapid turnaround thing really really works. There were exactly 10 suppressors there (normally around 50ish) and none were anything I'd buy. So there must be something of a rush going on...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m wondering if the rush of submissions will cause times to start creeping back up.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
When I went last Tuesday, I have no idea about any rush happening. I went there to get the Omega 45K I have been looking at the past weeks. When I decided to purchase, that was when the FFL guy told me about the 2-7 day turn around. I thought he was just joking. But I got mine back in 2 days. Maybe I just got lucky.

When I picked up mine during lunch time, he mentioned to me that one of their customers just got his denial after 13 months of waiting. Another one got his approval after 11 months. So who really knows what is going on.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Filing as an individual and including your SSN skips you straight to the front of the line. If your NICS check clears, you get an instant approval.

They’re saying trusts still take a lot longer just because. However, Form 1 trusts are coming back for most in under two weeks, many in under a week or just a few days, so… the disparity is what? Regardless, this is now being touted as not being a fluke, lucky, or them just trying to get averages down, this is supposedly the way they’re doing things going forward. I really hope my 9mm can makes it to my FFL this week. Going to order a tri lug mount and muzzle device this weekend when I get home from traveling.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
These quick approvals have depleted the Silencer inventories out there. Like a mad dash to get them before the quick approval window closes. I am hoping this "new normal" is here to stay. Fingerprints delivered to WV today, we will see...

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
These quick approvals have depleted the Silencer inventories out there. Like a mad dash to get them before the quick approval window closes. I am hoping this "new normal" is here to stay. Fingerprints delivered to WV today, we will see...

Law of unintended consequences. Supply was plentiful and approvals were slow. Now approvals are quick so supply is dry. It will normalize.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Where the hell is MY “new normal”?

184 days and counting on my eForm 4 Trust.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
DaBigBR,

I've actually taken this time to start manufacturing a few varieties of suppressors for my local customers. With the supply so low it's becoming quite lucrative and a lot of fun.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1194 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on my quick approval :/. 4 months in and nada.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After waiting a full year for a F4 that was only approved last Friday, and swearing that I’m done with the NFA stuff, I decided to take the plunge and certified for a new can this morning. We’ll see how it goes.

Some stuff about the new way they are doing F4s.

https://americansuppressorasso...nsfers-here-to-stay/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

quote:
Another update:

I found this website for contacting NICS. A very nice lady answered the phone, and I briefly explained the situation. She asked for my first, middle, last name and put me on hold.

She came back within a minute saying the ATF "should see something on their end now".

I'm guessing NICS dropped the ball on this one. Roll Eyes

FYI; this apparently no longer works. I just called to check to see if my NICS check for my eForm 4 had cleared.

NICS Guy: We don't give status updates on these checks.
Me: I just got one a few months ago at this number. You mean you don't give them ANYMORE?
NICS Guy: Uuuh...right. We don't give those anymore.
Me: Ah ha. Roll Eyes

He did give me some new number to try: 866-662-2750

I'm on hold now.

EDIT: It's the # to the "ATF Service Line". They told me they have no access to any of the background checks or information. I told them, well, the FBI is giving everyone that calls their NICS division your number saying that you do. Roll Eyes Mad

Jesus Christ.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eform 1 SBR Individual submitted 3/25/24 @ 1545 hrs. Approval 3/27/24 @ 1300 hrs. So lets just say 46 hrs Razz

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Individual Form 4 for CAT AlleyCat .22 at Capitol Armory.

Submitted 3/26/24 @7:15am
Approved 3/27/24 @1:32pm

30hr approval Eek

My first can years ago took 14 months Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rln_21,

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Individual or trust?

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Individual or trust?

Would be preferable if we didn't have to ask this of people several times per page. Big Grin

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post