SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
8 business days for an individual form 4 suppressor through a Silencer Shop kiosk.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
4 business days for my Obsidian 9 through Silencer Shop, waiting for my Obsidian 45 to clear - 45 was submitted 2 days before the 9.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
If I were to have bought one lately through Silencer Shop kiosk, I'd estimate it was about 12 hours of a normal business work week until the stamp will arrive.

Posts: 842 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
50 days eForm 1 w/trust through BATFE website for an SBR
290 days eForm 4 w/trust through Silencer Shop for a Dead Air Wolfman

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17574 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Obsidian 45 is finally home. 12 business days after efile with Silencershop.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
trust or individual?

Posts: 142 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Following extensive research and advise from P220Smudge Smile I ordered a Huxwrx Ventem 556.
Took a bit for the F3 part but the F4 individual took 2 days. submitted 7/09 back 7/11.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11148 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neverenoughguns:
trust or individual?

Both individual

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Following extensive research and advise from P220Smudge Smile I ordered a Huxwrx Ventem 556.
Took a bit for the F3 part but the F4 individual took 2 days. submitted 7/09 back 7/11.

Sweet! Looking forward to your impressions of it!

Really thinking I need to order an AB MELB and build up a silly quiet .22 plinker.

Posts: 17571 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
AB MELB

OK maybe, not in this thread for a discussion, but quiet for .22's is so easy you don't need that.
The first issue on the Ventum is when you measure my HUB surefire adapter its not too clear how much room we have so I have to go back to my dealer and stuff a camera in there to see.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I just started the wait for a Rugged Alaskan and an AAC Tirant 45m. Between the two of them I should be covered for everything I want to shoot suppressed until I inevitably start getting dedicated cans for everything.

Hopefully the wait times stay reasonable and things start coming back in stock. Options are pretty limited right now.

Posts: 2643 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Okay, so I E-filed via trust:

6/26/24 One Form 4 (Ruger Silent-SR Integrally Suppressed Barrel)
6/26/24 One Form 1 (SBR)
And today, 7//15/24 One Form 4 (Lahar 30-L) I'd have preferred a SIG SLX762-QD, but I can't find them anywhere, and they aren't available in FDE)

quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
E-filed another Form 4 (suppressor) and some Form 1s (SBRs) with trust. Should go through today or tomorrow.

Will submit a few more suppressors as soon as I decide what to go with, then I'll be done for a while.

Re-start the clock!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
59 day wait on my eform 1 to get…a disapproval email! Yay.

Apparently having “XXXXXX” as the SN wasn’t good enough. The attached “explanation” only says “SERIAL NUMBER INCOMPLETE MISSING”. I’m guessing they wanted the model prefix included. It’s on the receiver as “R1-XXXXXX”. Roll Eyes Mad

Fukeneh. I'll resubmit tonight. It seems this answers the question about using the 24 month exemption multiple consecutive times. They didn’t reject it for that!

Never had to deal with this on the eForms site. Can I make changes to the application and resubmit, or do I need to start all over with a new one?

UPDATE: I have to start over. Fuck the NFA Branch. Also, the SN field WON'T TAKE DASHES, YOU PRICKS. That's why I didn't include the prefix. I guess I'll just try "R1XXXXXX". Based on a quick search, it seems that's what others have done to get approvals.

New form submitted.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17574 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't get this rant. You have to include a picture and you submitted the form with something less than what was actually there? (forget the dash issue which is not related). Plenty of advise on the dash issue online.
That's on you not on them...

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
You don't "get" the rant, yet you comment on it and decide it's wrong anyway... Roll Eyes I'm not sure you understand what a rant is for, but hey, whatever makes you feel better.

A photo of the receiver was included. The blank field says serial NUMBER. The model is stamped on the receiver as a prefix. They unilaterally decided that this is part of the NUMBER. They do all of this without providing any detailed explanation of what should go in this blank.

I've filed other forms that have similar prefixes on the SNs, yet I only gave them the NUMBER as the field asks. They didn't reject them.

So in addition to having to deal with their inadequately explained form, I also had nitpicky little shit of a processor. When an organization that starts crap over someone accidentally putting "USA" in a "County of Birth" field, I will bitch about them not holding themselves to the same standard.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Submitted the paperwork on my Putnik last night. The transfer from Resilient to my dealer took about two weeks, including travel time.

Posts: 2052 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Such a love/hate relationship with these guys. 259 days and just got my eForm 4 approval (trust) email for my Wolfman.

I wish I could quit you, ATF!!

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Form 3 to my dealer on the Alaskan is complete and my Form 4 is now pending. Tirant 45 should be at my dealer end of the week so I can submit that one. Hoping the recent excitement hasn’t thrown too big a wrench in the works.

I’m on a wait list at several different places for an integral 10-22 upper as well. Oh well. I’d much rather the hold up be things not in stock than a 10 month wait for the exact same background check they do on a 4473.

As long as the process stays quick I’m going to take advantage of it. Anything I can do to keep shooting without making my hearing loss and tinnitus worse is worth the tax stamp.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Just got a text my Putnik is ready for pickup. I'll grab it Saturday no rush. So, two day F4 as an individual through SS kiosk.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vgex,

Posts: 2052 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Form 4 on my Alaskan was approved in 3 days. My Tirant Form 4 was submitted today. I now have a Gemtech G22 on a Form 3. So far the Form 3 Transfers seem to be taking about a week and a half, but that could be my dealer not ATF. In any case, my first can went from my shopping cart to in my hands in right at 3 weeks. That is awesome.

Now I just need some of the Back in Stock notifications to hit my inbox...