SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Trust Application dated February 6, 2024.
Approval email received today May 20.

Posts: 95 | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For what? Form 1, Form 4?

Posts: 17453 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 95 | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smudge, what's the current eform4 kiosk-submitted turnaround time, according to the sources you diligently follow? A friend is thinking of getting another can, and is curious. Our LGS mails in the prints for an efile, and it seems like that slows their returns down, so he's thinking of tracking down the nearest kiosk, if it makes a difference.

Posts: 2394 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I haven't been diligently following them because I don't have anything pending. Big Grin

This I can tell you: Guys are getting approvals on efile with mailed in prints before the prints are making it to the ATF. I'm talking one and two day approvals or the same day the envelope gets dropped in the mail. With Silencershop, you're waiting until your stuff gets certified and I have a friend who submitted all his stuff to Silencershop a week ago and it still hasn't certified. While Silencershop built their brand on "making it easy" what they aren't doing right now is making it fast for the guys wanting to get in on this fast approval stuff. His best bet is the LGS and efile, no question.

Posts: 17453 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First Smudge you are not allowed to abandon your assigned responsibilities. I can say that my silencer shop certifies have all been very fast. I did another can on Thursday afternoon of this week and it hit the ATF on Friday. The prior can took a bit over 24hrs and that included it getting submitted to the ATF on a Saturday. I've done a few and none have been horrible unless there is some underlying issue (which was true in one case where the F3 was fubared and that took a long time to fix with the ATF).
If I had the choice I would use the kiosk if it got me electronic fingerprints. If they are paper its really no advantage.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11091 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I have been transported to an alternative universe without any other obvious signs but this one.
EF4 submitted to the ATF Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Monday obviously an official Federal holiday.
EF4 approved TODAY (Tuesday) at 11.18am. Individual if that matters to some.
Now I can't imagine what are the official ATF hours but I suspect that they are the standard GSA start at 0830 in the morning. That means that EF4 spent less than 3 hours on the clock at the ATF.
I wish my dealer had more things I could buy...

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
First Smudge you are not allowed to abandon your assigned responsibilities.

Razz

quote:
I can say that my silencer shop certifies have all been very fast.

All I will say is that I'm seeing a variety of experiences lately and not all have been as lucky as you.

quote:
Now I can't imagine what are the official ATF hours but I suspect that they are the standard GSA start at 0830 in the morning.

They seem to be on some expanded hours schedule. I got one Form 4 approval at 9pm EST.

posted Hide Post
I've got lots of them back on nights and even weekends. But a couple of hours after memorial day weekend!

posted Hide Post
Form 4 (trust) for suppressor submitted 1/11/24, approved 5/29/24. Form 4 (trust) for sbr submitted 1/22/24, approved 5/27/24. EDITED to add my local FFL had a form 4 (trust) approved in 35 minutes. They thought it was a typo, but was an actual approval.

Posts: 1660 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
This is crazy, I got a few back at the beginning of the year within 1 month, but now they are taking longer. Still have a guy with a trust waiting since Jan of 2023!!!

I assume all these fast times are kiosk submissions?

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1210 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
This is crazy, I got a few back at the beginning of the year within 1 month, but now they are taking longer. Still have a guy with a trust waiting since Jan of 2023!!!

Kiosk has nothing to do with it. All a Silencer Shop kiosk does is take your fingerprints. Nothing else. It doesn’t send them to the ATF, fill out your Form 1 or 4, or submit your forms to the ATF. The only place your fingerprints go are to Silencer Shop to create the fingerprint file that gets submitted.

Unless you mistyped, and meant eFile instead of kiosk. It’s possible eFile is faster in general, but there are people who have reported getting paper submissions back while other people are still waiting for their efile submissions. It’s really just a crap shoot.

Posts: 3382 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
No mis-type. I just assumed the electronic fingerprints went through faster. I do my form 4s through efile and then do physical prints. Just not seeing the crazy processing times that others are... oh well.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1210 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No mis-type. I just assumed the electronic fingerprints went through faster. I do my form 4s through efile and then do physical prints. Just not seeing the crazy processing times that others are... oh well.

I’ve got two form 4s (Individual)three months old that both have electronic fingerprints attached. Other people have reported getting in two day approvals while sending in cards, which means they aren’t actually doing anything with the prints. As I said, it’s a complete crap shoot.

Posts: 3382 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Dwill104, thanks!

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

posted Hide Post
Eform 4 suppressor.submitted 05/02/24. Individual. With fingerprints mailed. Approved and picked up 06/14/24.

Posts: 556 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Current waits:

285 days: eForm 4 via trust for a Wolfman can
31 days: eForm 1 via trust for an SBR

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17473 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I bought a Rugged Razor 556; my first suppressor. It was done through Silencer Shop kiosk on single-shot trust. I'm interested in seeing how fast the process is and I'll update when it's approved.

Posts: 5783 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I submitted two form four on a trust. The ATF received them on April 6,2023. I got one back May 29,2024.
I called to check on the other one on Thursday. I was told it was approved on June 18,2024. Just waiting for the paper now.
These were paper form fours.
I did a suppressor e-file submitted on Friday afternoon an got approved Tuesday around noon. I did not do this one on the trust. Just wanted to see how fast it would go through.

Posts: 407 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
E-filed another Form 4 (suppressor) and some Form 1s (SBRs) with trust. Should go through today or tomorrow.

Will submit a few more suppressors as soon as I decide what to go with, then I'll be done for a while.

Re-start the clock!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6110 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post