SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I think generally trusts are taking longer on F4s than individuals, but F1s are generally going much faster for both, which makes sense since you are really just asking for permission to give them money.

And there are glaring exceptions in all cases.

My latest F4 is going on 4 months. Trust, silencershop eform.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Individual or trust?

Individual

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Individual or trust?

Would be preferable if we didn't have to ask this of people several times per page. Big Grin

No shit! You'd think people would know to include the details by now. Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
I think generally trusts are taking longer on F4s than individuals, but F1s are generally going much faster for both, which makes sense since you are really just asking for permission to give them money.

And there are glaring exceptions in all cases.

My latest F4 is going on 4 months. Trust, silencershop eform.

I think you are right. It's the individuals that are going through fast. Mine is also F4 going on 4 months. Trust, silencershop eform.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a text from my FFL yesterday that he got a shipping notification from Ecco Machine. Order placed March 8th, so if we pare it down to just business days, and I know that they're working weekends, that's a Form 3 time of at least two weeks. Wish that process was moving faster, but oh well.

Anyway, he's going to text me as soon as it comes in so I can go give him my SSN while he files it. Going to file as an individual and hope for a text to come pick it up within days, but you know, tempered expectations and all, I'm going to assume I'm the one to slip through the cracks and wait months on it. 24 hours after I file, I'm going to start emailing IPB@ATF.gov about my rifle cans from back in October because fuck it.

Weirdo direct mount for my Scorpion ordered, hopefully it all just happens at the same time. Now because I can, I'm going to try to learn what I need to make a pistol can run on a Glock. Boosters, pistons, blah blah blah.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Really funny thing is individual form 4s are taking a few days. Getting a FFL to FFL transfer to get my SOCOM RC3 here is now going on three weeks.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I did a Silencerco trust for a machine gun, my first foray into the NFA world, last July. Six mos. in I got an eForms email that I had been denied. It was a clerical error in my trust paperwork. Silencerco fixed it and resubmitted about a month ago. So the wait starts all over, but six mos. was kind of encouraging.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That really sucks, man. A couple months ago, there was a guy on Reddit who followed up with the ATF because he'd been waiting a year for a suppressor and they informed him he had no pending forms. Silencershop never actually submitted the forms. So, at least it was only six months and not a year.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Well, you should know if it's been submitted when you create an eForms account. I can't remember if I got a confirmation email, but I remember it took about 10 tries to get the resubmission to get accepted. That was when their website was really bad, but it's pretty clear when it's been submitted.

One of the guys at the SOT/FFL told me there's a Reddit discussion that has the names and email addresses of a lot of ATF examiners and some folks just send a nice email to each of them until they find one who gives them an update.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Well, you should know if it's been submitted when you create an eForms account. I can't remember if I got a confirmation email, but I remember it took about 10 tries to get the resubmission to get accepted. That was when their website was really bad, but it's pretty clear when it's been submitted.

There's been some folks lately, individuals/trusts and FFL's alike who haven't been getting emails for submissions and approvals. Site's still pretty wonky at times.

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
One of the guys at the SOT/FFL told me there's a Reddit discussion that has the names and email addresses of a lot of ATF examiners and some folks just send a nice email to each of them until they find one who gives them an update.

There is a new thread for approvals monthly. Thankfully the submission format is clean and strictly enforced, so it makes data collection pretty easy. I have a notepad file going with a tally for examiners by number of approvals for AZ and their email addresses. I've already picked two candidates to email if my attempts with IPB don't get me anywhere.

Stickied threads at the top:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/

Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Individual eForm 4 submitted 3/21/24
Prints mailed and received 3/25/24
EForm 4 Approved 3/29/24

Beginning to wonder if they are even running the fingerprint cards? Seems like a NICS background check.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Individual eForm 1.SBR. Submitted 3/29/24. Approved 4/2/24. Can't make this up.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
F1s have been going pretty quick, esp for individuals.

There's nothing to transfer, just a tax and unconstitutional registration for what you just admitted to wanting to own.

I'm gonna do a 10/22 next, before my passport photo needs updating.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Individual Form 4 just submitted for my pistol can.

*Edit-

Trust Form 1 filed for PS90.

Also sent a polite email to IPB asking about my rifle cans from last October.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
before my passport photo needs updating.

I took my own photo for this stamp, just snapped a selfie with my phone.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Update. All e-forms, filed as trust.

Initial Form 4s: 8/22/23, 226 days
Initial Form 1s: 9/6/23, 211 days
Second Form 4s: 10/18/23, 169 days

I reached out to my FFL with the information provided here to see if he can check on them, but no word back yet.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
3 suppressors purchased and eforms filed 18 March 2024. Individual, not a trust. Fingerprint cards mailed in, not electronically sent.
Approved 2 April 2024. 12 business days - not bad!

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Initial Form 1s: 9/6/23, 211 days

Sweet mercy, that's a long time on a Form 1. Might be worth asking about, that's way over the average.

Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
How about this for a short time? Purchased 3/30. Submitted forms 4/1 electronically. Certification 4/3, approval 4/4. ONE day approval from certifying. Shop was surprised it was so soon. It’s a good time right now for individual forms.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, it’s still a crap shoot. One or two day approvals are in no way guaranteed, and likely still the exception rather than the rule. Certified an individual F4 two weeks ago, and nothing. Never had an NICS denial or issue for Title 1 guns or NFA. In fact, just got a batch approval of 3 items (varying age between 2 months and 1 year) just three days before submitting the new F4.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post