SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
This was used using Silencer Shop's eform 1 service, since they already have my digital fingerprints. Worth the $50, especially with getting lucky with the quick turnaround.

A coworker said he used a digital fingerprint service at select UPS Stores so he can save his fingerprints on a USB drive for future use. I think it was around $65 for that. I may do that in the future so I have my prints saved as well.

Good luck, DoctorSolo, good vibes your way.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
A coworker said he used a digital fingerprint service at select UPS Stores so he can save his fingerprints on a USB drive for future use. I think it was around $65 for that. I may do that in the future so I have my prints saved as well.

This is what I did. I now have my prints in a .eft file I can use whenever I need it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
One amnesty/brace SBR approved yesterday. Five e- files sent on 4/17/23.
ATF Amnesty Rule supersedes CT Assault weapon ban and classification of CT "Other".
CT Dept of Public Safety allowed the registration as long as the brace remains in place -- I cannot replace the brace with a stock.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Can you expand on that? In actuality, you're simply dealing with two distinct and separate sets of laws/firearm regulations, Federal and State. Each can classify things however they want, within the guidelines of the laws of their jurisdiction. Enforcement/compliance is therefore separate, and you do need to be in compliance w/ both. That said, how does the ATF Amnesty Rule 'supersede' the CT Assault Weapon Ban?

I presume you simply needed to register w/ the ATF to be in compliance with the new definition of an SBR that they dreamt up, while at the same time you still need to adhere to the narrow, somewhat contortionist definition of the 'CT Other' Firearm. CT Dept of Public Safety doesn't get to 'allow' anything really as they're just charged with enforcing their own set of shitty laws. That said, if they are 'allowing' anything that's a violation of CT law, I wouldn't count on that policy remaining in place.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Definition of CT assault weapon:
The definition of an assault weapon also includes any semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can
accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features:
1. a folding or telescoping stock;
2. a grip or stock that allows someone to hold it with more than just the trigger finger directly
below the firing action (e.g., pistol grip or thumbhole stock);
3. a forward pistol grip;
4. a flash suppressor; or
5. a grenade launcher or flare launcher.
The definition of an assault weapon also includes any semiautomatic pistol that can accept a
detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features:
1. the ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location
outside of the pistol grip;
2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip, or silencer;
3. a barrel shroud that allows the shooter to fire the firearm without being burned, except a
slide that encloses the barrel; or
4. a second hand grip.

https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/...emo_2-8-23_Final.pdf

I apologize for the length of the post. Link is included to see the opinion of the CT Dept Public Safety.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Woohoo!

My first SBR!

Normal tax-paid eF1, Trust by HeavyD. Eforms completed by me.

Submitted 7/6/23, approved 8/3/23

I have a can in silencershop limbo. Dealer needs to fill out their eForms. That process definitely kind of sucks. Not thinking about it today, I'm gonna go buy a buffer tube and stock, slap it together, and pose in front of the mirror, maybe clear my house several times.

Sending out good vibes!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DoctorSolo,

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I got mine engraved this past Monday & installed the stock afterwards. Time to hit the range in a couple of weeks.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
PAID eF1 submitted 02/06

As of today, per ATF "keep waiting" it's still pending No problems showing - just pending

5 months Still waiting

6 months! OK this is getting stupid. I saw somewhere above a suggestion to cancel and refile. Would that require another $200?

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Seriously, just wait...It's gonna take however long it's gonna take! NFA wait times have always seemed to be a bit of a moving target with no rhyme or reason as to why, so it's not worth worrying about! If you just forget about it, when it FINALLY comes, it'll be like Christmas! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
My first can took 9 months and that was in 2012.

Just be patient. Easy for me to say, I know...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Easy for me to say, I know...

Well... yeah, Mr. Twenty Eight Days. Razz

Seriously, though, I'm antsing pretty hard over here. I think to scratch the itch, I'm going to do a paid Form 1 on my P90 and get that going. It's the only other thing I want to SBR in the foreseeable future. Hopefully that comes back in a month or so (yeah right). Maybe it would get the others to break loose, maybe not. My concern here is that I filed in May and now I'm moving to a new residence. I feel like anything I do different now could jeopardize what's already in the works because that's how that goes. I know there's a form I need to file with them once the change becomes official at the end of the month if I get my approvals before then, but what do I do with stuff that's been submitted?

https://www.nationalguntrusts....aperwork-is-approved

Is this the relevant section? Am I reading this right that I don't worry about it until I get my approvals?

quote:
Keep your pending application active: You can keep your pending ATF application active. Once your paperwork is approved you are able to go to your SOT dealer to fill out the ATF 5300.9 - 4473 paperwork. If your ATF 5300.9 - 4473 paperwork is approved you will then need to fill out and send in via mail, fax or email, the ATF 5320.20 Application to Transport NFA Firearms. This is required to do because you are permanently moving your NFA Firearm to a new location. Make sure you check "No" in box 2. that asks if "Firearms to be returned to original Location". The return time for this paperwork from the ATF varies between 1 to 4 weeks with wait times extending past that in some cases. You can read our whole ATF 5320.20 Application to Transport NFA Firearms walk-through guide here.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
If I were you I'd leave the pending ones alone and file any new forms with the new address, then do the address update form after approval.

I don't think the right hand talks to the left hand, but I also interpret the FAQ the way you do.

FWIW I also have another SBR and can pending from about the same date. The SBR is through silencer shop's service (since I already got the "kisok" prints for the can). I was curious to see if their eF1 service took less time than a full DIY eform. That appears to be doubtful now.

My 28 day SBR was an Anderson AM-15 lower, which is in the drop down menu so there was no pending research step.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I were you I'd leave the pending ones alone and file any new forms with the new address, then do the address update form after approval.

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.

quote:
My 28 day SBR was an Anderson AM-15 lower, which is in the drop down menu so there was no pending research step.

Yeah, so were all of mine and they went straight to submitted. No rhyme or reason, really. I can order a damn pizza online, and track it on my phone every step of the way, from going in the oven to "Your delivery person is entering your neighborhood" but a government agency with a $1.4 billion dollar budget can't tell me jack shit, and it happens when it happens. Preaching to the choir, but damn.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eForm 4, Individual.

Submitted 01/18/23
Approved 08/08/23

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Docusigned 2 Eform4 suppressors on 3/31 with silencershop. Got both the stamps yesterday 8/10

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Docusigned 2 Eform4 suppressors on 3/31 with silencershop. Got both the stamps yesterday 8/10

Dang. I signed mine 3/23/23 and am still waiting. I figured I’d get it about Christmas time but this gives me hope it will be quicker than that.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
quote:

Dang. I signed mine 3/23/23 and am still waiting. I figured I’d get it about Christmas time but this gives me hope it will be quicker than that.

I was shocked as well. Can anybody confirm that ATF processes any faster if you have stamps on file ? These are my 4th and 5th stamps in less than 2 years. Including 1 receieved in July. In 26 days. Does the efile system recognise repeat buyers and expedite since maybe we are known good guys ? Or as the guys at my shop who see a lot of these say it’s total random luck and they see people wait a few months to close to a year. And maybe the efile system working as efficiently as planned ?!

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
quote:

I was shocked as well. Can anybody confirm that ATF processes any faster if you have stamps on file ? These are my 4th and 5th stamps in less than 2 years. Including 1 receieved in July. In 26 days. Does the efile system recognise repeat buyers and expedite since maybe we are known good guys ? Or as the guys at my shop who see a lot of these say it’s total random luck and they see people wait a few months to close to a year. And maybe the efile system working as efficiently as planned ?!

That’s a good question. It makes sense that they would do that. But maybe that makes too much sense for the government to do.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can easily tell they don't do anything to use history they have. Best example fingerprints. Why on earth would you have to send them again?. The run the same process every single time, of course with completely inconsistent results. Of course the one thing the could do is batch processing and they say they don't do that, full FIFO (even if that is not true).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I just taught a class with a bunch of BATFE agents. They said that the huge influx of brace Form 1's is clogging up the system and causing massive delays.

Huh.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post