SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Submitted 7/6/23, approved 8/3/23

I get the idea the works are gummed up by volume and then you get stuff like the above. There is literally no explainable reason for the wait times.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I just taught a class with a bunch of BATFE agents. They said that the huge influx of brace Form 1's is clogging up the system and causing massive delays.

Huh.

Imagine that. It's almost like with as much notice as they had, they could have prepared in some way.

I did some thinking about it, I can't remember for sure, and I can't find it now, but I seem to remember they said after the fact that about 250k people registered amnesty form 1's. Incidentally, that's the same number of comments their proposed rule received. How many of us did only one? I did four and I felt like I didn't take sufficient advantage of it. Most people I've seen who said they went for it did multiples. My FFL said he had a guy who came in and bought ten lowers and braces and put them all on his trust the day before the January deadline to do so. Could be anywhere from a million to several million applications, but it still doesn't excuse this bullshit taking six months plus for some people. If anything, it highlights how deficient their process is, but trust gov't not to actually improve anything.

Maybe if they fuck around long enough, they can run out the clock and it'll get tossed in court with millions of unapproved SBR's suddenly just being pistols again and they've already got the data on who owns what?

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
HOLY SHIT! Just checked my email and I had multiple 'Application Status Change Notifications' from the ATF. All three of my Brace Amnesty eForm1s have been APPROVED! All were on a Trust.

Submitted on 5/25/23
Approved on 8/18/23

EIGHTY-FIVE DAYS...Now I can remove braces, and NOT engrave my SBR's! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who has the oldest eform1 still waiting?

Submitted Feb 6 indiv paid

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 1 SBR efiled Feb 1. Still waiting patiently.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Submitted on 5/25/23
Approved on 8/18/23

Man, you lucky dog. Congrats!

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 E-file Trust
Certified 12/29/22
Approved 8/22/23

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DitchDoctor911,

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Submitted my first Form 4s this morning. Should have Form 1s submitted later in the week.

Start the clock!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was convinced that the brace rule would be at least temporarily stopped nationwide. SO I delayed putting my amnesty ones in till the last minute. I did a bunch on 5/30 and the another bunch on 5/31. So this is as close to a batch as you can get when they are at the ATF, all submitted within minutes of each other, but today one of them showed up. So I'm pretty sure batches are not one of the things they do...
Submitted (amnesty individual) 5/30.
Approved 8/23.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
So I'm pretty sure batches are not one of the things they do...

Congrats on the approval. Nhracecraft got a batch approval of three on this page. The Reddit monthly approvals threads have been loaded with batch approvals the past four months that I've been watching.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, I can't say for certain, but it sure seems like my 'batch' of three eForm1s were reviewed/examined and approved as a batch! Wink

All were submitted consecutively, one after another on the same date, and all were approved consecutively on the same date as well. Further, all were approved by the same Examiner at the ATF!

Here's some data that is either an amazing coincidence, OR evidence they were approved as a batch:

- 5/25 Submission Notification Timestamps; 5:52 PM, 5:54 PM & 5:57 PM. (Elapsed time first to last = 5 minutes)
- 8/18 Approval Notification Timestamps; 7:17 PM, 7:20 PM & 7:21 PM. (Elapsed time first to last = 4 minutes)

Coincidence...Probably Not!

Some Background: These were my first eForm 1 submissions, so I had zero familiarity with the process, though I have a small pile of Form 4 Tax Stamps, so I am familiar with the forms. All of my NFA stuff is on a Trust and I've submitted Forms since 41F went into effect, so I'm also familiar with the Responsible Persons Questionnaire. I did not use any templates in creating my eForms submissions, so all of the info was manually typed in on every form. As such, everything was double checked multiple times prior to submission. When it came time and they were FINALLY ready for submission, I double checked everything on all three forms (as well as all associated/supporting documents) one final time. I then proceeded to go through the verify, certify, and digital signing/submission train stops as expediently as I could for all three forms.

As I didn't have electronic fingerprints, I submitted two hard copy fingerprint cards for each eForm 1, along with their respective cover letters. I mailed everything in one envelope via USPS Priority Mail two days after my eForms were submitted on 5/27, and they were delivered to the NFA Division on 6/1. I know I could've sent just one set, but I had six cards ready to go, and I didn't want to leave anything to chance. The ATF may have combined all of those into one 'batch' for a single background check, but who really knows what goes on at the NFA Division... Wink

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a batch, sounds like a batch and quacks like a batch. But it obviously is not std. SOP. I submitted mine back to back like yours (many more of them in not too much more time than yours), sent all the cover letters in in one envelope with one set of prints. And here we are they approved one of them.
oh well.

posted Hide Post
OK today was my birthday. Of the surprises that I expected might happen on my birthday the ATF sending me a batch of approved efiles was not on the bingo card. This was clearly a batch, but oddly it was not everything I submitted that day.

Amnesty efiles submitted on the last day 5/31.
Approved today SUNDAY!!! 8/27.

very nice.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Well, Happy Birthday from the NFA Branch...88 days ain't a record, but it ain't bad either!

Hey Smudge, I'm pulling for ya'...No doubt yours are about to be APPROVED! Wink

Live Free or Die!

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Edited to add 9/6/23: All submitted via e-forms.

All of mine (suppressors and SBRs) are submitted.
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Submitted my first Form 4s this morning. Should have Form 1s submitted later in the week.

Start the clock!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AUTiger89,

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Amnesty efiles submitted on the last day 5/31.
Approved today SUNDAY!!! 8/27..

Sweet! Congrats, man.

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Hey Smudge, I'm pulling for ya'...No doubt yours are about to be APPROVED! Wink

Thanks, we'll see. The information on my trust is valid through Thursday, I'm thinking about e-filing a form 1 on my P-90 in the hopes that it clears the logjam. I get 4473's approved in minutes, I dunno what the holdup is.

posted Hide Post
how is trust info time limited? I don't get that.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I moved and I haven't updated anything yet. My address is still legally valid until I turn the keys in this Thursday for the house we rented. My trust is set up at that address. Maybe it's as simple as editing the file to update the address, I don't know. Maybe that's not the way to go about it, I don't know. I didn't want to enter another form 1 in the system with a different address while I had stuff pending, though. Clear as mud, everything to do with NFA.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Call the NFA Branch. I’ve gotten a very nice lady each time I’ve called.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My trust is set up at that address.

Of course what is the actual legal situation depends on your trust document. But any good trust will give you the rights to amend it without too much hassle. So just amend it with the correct current address. Now that assumes at an NFA level that you are not moving States. Because if that is true I think you are f***ed. But instate no big deal. Submit a 5320.20 with the change of address after you see your approvals and be happy.