SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 128
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My trust sbr from february was delayed because i forgot signatures on the responsible party forms. they let me have them signed and reuploaded and approved the next day.

another individual sbr i forgot to sign was disapproved today by the same agent. no chance to fix?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are you talking paper F1's?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Eform 1s. So i have an individual and trust sbr from jan/feb.

My disapproved eform 1 said to do a paper form 1 and sign it and send it in with a copy of the disapproved form.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you actually get a submitted eform1 without a signature. Its electronic. Its part of the process steps. Like you can't submit one till you pay. I don't get how this is even possible.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Chowser, are you saying you forgot the signature on the PDF copy of the 5320.23 you attached to the eForm 1 application? One of those was required to be uploaded for each responsible person.

I just double checked mine; I filled it out and signed it with Acrobat, so there is an image of my actual signature on it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paper form 4 silencer

Submitted 4-21-2023
Received approved today, 9-2-2023 (date next to approval signature is 8-28-23).

LOL. There's no predicting this shit.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Fuck this system. I’m about to put in for another can, too. Mad

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Chowser, are you saying you forgot the signature on the PDF copy of the 5320.23 you attached to the eForm 1 application? One of those was required to be uploaded for each responsible

This. Filled them out. Saved as pdf and uploaded. Forgot to print out and sign then scan to upload. They let me correct it and reupload for the trust and it was approved next day.

My individual one where I forgot to sign as maker I have to resubmit via snail mail. There wasn’t a thing for electronic signature like last time.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
I am still trying to learn how one might be in this situation, mostly so I might avoid it.
The ATF does not require an 5320.23 for an individual application ("The submission of F5320.23 is not required for an individual applicant") so why would you have submitted one? I get having submitted one without a signature the ATF would say WTF. But there was no need for it in the first place. Myself I would void whatever they rejected if they have not and submit a new eform since this one is FUBAR.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I didn't do a .23 for the individual. it was digitally signed. i just didn't sign after answering the questions.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
Muahahahaha...

Paper form4 silencer
Submitted 4-27-23
Approval signature date 8-29-23
Received in the mail today

Posts: 2157 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:
quote:
PAID eF1 submitted 02/06

As of today, per ATF "keep waiting" it's still pending No problems showing - just pending

5 months Still waiting

6 months! OK this is getting stupid. I saw somewhere above a suggestion to cancel and refile. Would that require another $200?

7 months

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
PAID eF1 submitted 02/06

As of today, per ATF "keep waiting" it's still pending No problems showing - just pending

5 months Still waiting

6 months! OK this is getting stupid. I saw somewhere above a suggestion to cancel and refile. Would that require another $200?

7 months

If you cancel, they'll refund you.

I had one drag on for months. I found the name of an examiner that had done another Form 1 for them and sent them an email that said:

Good Afternoon,

I submitted a Form 1 under control number ##### that you disapproved due to an error on my part on <DATE>. I wanted to reach out and see if there was possibly some issue with the form as it has been pending quite a bit longer than Form 1 submissions I have made in the past.

The submission is for <MY_TRUST_NAME> and the firearm is a XXXXX with serial number ######.

If it helps, I recently had another Form 1 approved using that trust under control number ######.

Thank you for your time. I know you guys are very busy.

I had an approval in something like 30 minutes. I know a couple other people who have had similar experiences on delayed Form 1 approvals.

I understand the concerns that some have about "messing with the process", but when your Form 1 is 6+ months behind "normal", I think it's worth a shot. None of us knows how the process works internally. The examiner is obviously free to just ignore you.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
For those how have used Eforms recently- did you notice if your form ever moved into submitted/in process folder on the ATF site? I submitted one 3/23/23 and its still showing in the draft folder. I got an email from the ATF saying it was submitted back in March. Is this normal?

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I received an Application Submission Notification via email for multiple eForms I submitted at the end of May, and was immediately able to verify that status on the eForms site. If your eForm is in the Draft folder and NOT in the Submitted/In Process folder, something is definitely amiss.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8894 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Just checked the web site. What a clunky hunk of junk. Most of my early web development was light-years better than this.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6045 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Four amnesty Form 1's filed May 19.

Trust.

Batch approval three hours ago.

122 days.

I got tired of waiting and sent an email to NICSLiaison@fbi.gov and then when they told me my background checks "were delayed but have been cleared" I emailed IPB@atf.gov and sent them a very polite letter telling them I hated to bother them and I know they're busy, but I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with my submissions and asked if they could please take a look at them. Results in about 30 hours.

Posts: 17138 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well hot dog! Congratulations!

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Four amnesty Form 1's filed May 19.

Trust.

Batch approval three hours ago.

122 days.

Hot Diggity! Congrats my friend...Un-Brace yourself, and enjoy NOT engraving your new SBRs! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8894 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smudge, what are the exact functions of those two emails? Under what circumstances are they relevant, outside of the example provided by your case?
NICSLiaison@fbi.gov
IPB@atf.gov

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSGM,