SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
I checked this thread earlier this morning and less than an hour later I received another amnesty approval that was submitted mid-May. Funny timing.

Maybe checking this thread is good luck? Big Grin

/looks at watch

quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
Submitted as an individual as I suspect most were. My understanding is the braced pistol had to already be in a trust before the final rule landed back in Jan in order to be submitted as a trust.

That's correct, I have a distribution of property list on my trust with my amnesty registrations listed on there notarized 1/20/23 that I uploaded with my efile form 1's. As far as I can tell, I did it exactly how they said they would honor it for amnesty registrations on a trust, and I've seen others who did it the same way get approvals. I'll hopefully find out some time in the next 30 days, we'll see.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Submitted my first eform1 this morning.

blows on the dice

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
PAID eF1 submitted 02/06

As of today, per ATF "keep waiting" it's still pending No problems showing - just pending

5 months Still waiting

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got two brace / amnesty approvals today, submitted 5/11.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
What? Scott- yours are approved already. No rhythm or reason how Feds approve these amnesty Form 1’s.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
What? Scott- yours are approved already. No rhythm or reason how Feds approve these amnesty Form 1’s.

I think I saw something online somewhere saying amnesty forms were being farmed out to ATF offices around the country. If true, that could explain some of it. It seems like there's been a recent jump in Form 4s, to stuff submitted in early November being approved, but with a decent number of September-ish forms still pending.

This is all fairly "off" compared to what it seemed had been relatively consistent and predictable timelines since the eForm 4 rolled out.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
I just got two brace / amnesty approvals today, submitted 5/11.

Trust or Individual?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m betting individual. I went through the Reddit July approvals thread the other day and there was not one amnesty Form 1 approval that was a trust, every last one individual.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happen to know that ScotP7 are individuals.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed, individual.
Greatly helped in doing my first eforms by help from the members of this good forum.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Submitted my eForm 1 a week ago for an SBR. I had a Form 4 approved for a can a little while ago so I used the 24 month exemption form instead of resubmitting my trust information.

We’ll see how it goes.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I had a Form 4 approved for a can a little while ago so I used the 24 month exemption form instead of resubmitting my trust information.

I had no idea this was a thing. I just looked it up. I guess I'll be doing that if and when they decide to approve my Form 1's.

posted Hide Post
Brace amnesty form 1 submitted 5/3/23 individual. Received approval 7/13/23. Not too bad by my notion, wish Form 4's were that quick.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I had a Form 4 approved for a can a little while ago so I used the 24 month exemption form instead of resubmitting my trust information.

I had no idea this was a thing. I just looked it up. I guess I'll be doing that if and when they decide to approve my Form 1's.

Just to be clear, the exemption is for having to attach your trust documentation to the eForm, provided that you trust hasn’t changed, and you’ve been approved using the same trust within the last 24 months. It doesn’t get your approval any faster, and as some people found out the hard way, the 24 month clock doesn’t keep resetting every time you get an approval without attaching the trust. It’s 24 months after you got the first approval with the attached trust. Attaching the trust resets the clock.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid and submitted efile form 1 for SBR via my account on silencershop on 6/20. Received my stamp Approved today 7/14. So 24 calendar days including a holiday not bad. Individual, no trust

Form 4 for some suppressors pushing a year Frown

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had a paid, ("normal" SBR) eF1 recently approved for a Trust?

Wondering if there's any weight to my worry that the individual timelines seem shorter...

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Has anyone had a paid, ("normal" SBR) eF1 recently approved for a Trust?

Wondering if there's any weight to my worry that the individual timelines seem shorter...

I sure can’t say individual times are shorter. Paid Eform 1 Feb 6 - still waiting.

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, a lot of the form 1's from January and February are still MIA, so you're in line with that, Tn226.

Yes, I'm seeing here and two other places I'm tracking that people who filed as individuals from March through May are getting approvals back while people who filed with trusts are not. There were a bunch of approvals from mid-April that were under a week. Fastest one I saw was five days. These were all individual, not trust. There is no predicting anything, but the patterns I'm seeing, there's definitely a difference. This is amnesty and paid.

Now, that said, last night I saw my first example of a guy who filed as a trust later than me who got an approval. May 26, batch of seven (!), and snail mailed his fingerprints in, approved yesterday. I filed on May 20, and uploaded an EFT.

Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Eform 1 Trust for SBR

Submitted: June 29
Stamp received: July 19!

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
Eform 1 Trust for SBR

Submitted: June 29
Stamp received: July 19!

No way!