SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Amnesty form 1s:

Individual filed 01/16/23 - approved 04/28/23

Trust filed 02/18/23 - still waiting

Individual filed 05/10/23 - nowhere on my eforms page but I do have the email where it's submitted and a cover letter for prints.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the amnesty Form 1s visible on your regular eForm page, or were they only on the separate amnesty eForm page, that’s now gone after May 31?

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Are the amnesty Form 1s visible on your regular eForm page, or were they only on the separate amnesty eForm page, that’s now gone after May 31?

I'm looking at mine here.

https://eforms.atf.gov/home

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could see my submitted amnesty ones in my regular account before 5/31 and I can see them now.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I Trust filed my Amnesty eForm 1s on 5/25/23, and my Fingerprint Cards were delivered to the ATF on 6/1/23. So, after an eForm is submitted, then what?

I've got plenty of experience with Form 4s, but now that I've submitted a few 'Tax-Free Amnesty' eForm 1s, and I'm not sure what's next. I know I'll get an email with the Form 1 attached once it's approved, but should I be logging into my eForms account to check the status at all? There would seem to be multiple categories my eForms could be in, beyond 'SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS' and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to follow along checking status periodically, or not. Do I get an email on any status change requiring my attention? I see I've got 'No current alerts' but would I see any status change in My Forms before they end up under APPROVED? Would I get an email if I had a 'Current Alert'?

Historically, with Form 4s I've just kinda forgot about them until I'd get notified that they're approved and I can get my NFA stuff 'out of jail' so to speak. I knew it was gonna take however long it was gonna take, plus NFA wait times always seemed to be a bit of a moving target with no rhyme or reason as to why, so it wasn't worth worrying about anyway. Additionally, my Form 4s were always thoroughly checked for accuracy, and matched the existing Form 3, so there was little to worry about. In the case of the eForm 1, things are a little different in that I was the source for ALL of the data. I checked all the info I entered more than enough to ensure it's accurate, but it still begs the question.

For those w/ eForms experience here, what should I expect, and what do you do?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The status of your forms in your ATF account dashboard won’t show anything except submitted/in process until it’s either approved or denied. Checking it periodically won’t do any good unless you think you missed the email that says it changed status. All you do now is wait for the email. Might take a couple of weeks. Might take a couple of months.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
In my case, my Eform 1 (paid stamp) is 4 days short of 5 months. Still NOTHING.. How can forms submitted much later than my submission date already received APPROVALS, and no word on mine? Not even a notification if there was an ERROR or if i am MISSING something from my application. Mad

It surely feels like my form is LOST or is sitting on someone's desk, untouched.

eForm1 Submitted 01/13/2023.

ATF website says "ATF Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, NFA Division, eForm, 40 days".

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I know we're talking about the ATF, which is part of the .gov so NOTHING they do is efficient or seemingly makes any sense, but you're talking about an eForm. As such, I'm kinda skeptical that it 'could' get lost, or that they'd actually be printing them out at all. I thought the whole point of eForms was to improve the efficiency, and as eForms, one would presume they would be 'examined' as such.

Honestly though, five months is nothing in the NFA Division. That said, hope yours should shows up any day now... Wink

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Oh I know NFA is waiting game. I waited 7 months for my Form 4 then got the approval. But this eForm1 is driving me nuts. Especially my co-worker who sit behind me got his Amnesty Form 1 APPROVED in less than 2 months. Razz He submitted in MARCH!!!

I can't wait to have my B&T GHM45 engraved and install a sliding stock. If only I purchased an Omega 45K suppressor and submitted Form 4 the same time I submitted the Form 1, then I only have to wait 2 more months for the Form 4. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Honestly though, five months is nothing in the NFA Division. That said, hope yours should shows up any day now... Wink

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I can't wait to NOT engrave my B&T Pistol(s), and install a stock on each! Wink

And for the record, I've waited over a YEAR for a Form 4 to be approved in the past! Roll Eyes

Live Free or Die!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
In my case, my Eform 1 (paid stamp) is 4 days short of 5 months. Still NOTHING.. How can forms submitted much later than my submission date already received APPROVALS, and no word on mine? Not even a notification if there was an ERROR or if i am MISSING something from my application. Mad

It surely feels like my form is LOST or is sitting on someone's desk, untouched.

ATF website says "ATF Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, NFA Division, eForm, 40 days".

I’m sitting at 265 days while I have a few friends who got theirs in under 240 days. My atf account shows nothing at all but I have the emails saying that I’m submitted and in progress.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Find an email address for an examiner that has approved for you in the past. Send them something to the effect of:

"You have approved items for me in the past. I have a current pending Form 1 that is well outside of the normal approval window. I submitted this form on <date>. I'm sure that you are busy but I was hoping you could see if there is something delaying this form's approval."

It's not like you've waited one day past the average. What do you have to lose?

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh I know NFA is waiting game. I waited 7 months for my Form 4 then got the approval. But this eForm1 is driving me nuts. Especially my co-worker who sit behind me got his Amnesty Form 1 APPROVED in less than 2 months. Razz He submitted in MARCH!!!

I submitted 3 Amnesty Form 1's through Silencer Shop in the middle of May, the day before their cutoff. I received the first approval in 22 days. Roll Eyes

Still waiting on the other 2.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ador maybe you are not cut out for this NFA stuffSmile. Yours are slow but not exceptionally unusual and nobody can explain why any of this takes whatever it takes. They haven't been near 40 days for many many months in my experience of ones I submitted last year. I have one that's not too much newer than yours that I haven't seen anything either. I'd be getting ready...why aren't you getting your engraving done? That f4 done.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You always have the option of cancelling your F1 and resubmitting. I did that once for a eform 1 that was 4 months plus, at a time when they were consistently running 3-4 weeks, including ones I had done previously. Also at the time a lot of people were complaining that a lot were seemingly stuck in FBI background check hell. Cancelled, and resubmitted another one on the day they notified me that the original was cancelled. The second try got approved in about a month. Who knows, maybe my original would have been approved if I had just waited one more week. Maybe not. In the end I got my stamp and moved on.

It is frustrating to see people who submitted their forms weeks or months before get theirs and yours is still in limbo, but it’s either wait it out or cancel and resubmit. You’ll just drive yourself nuts trying to figure out why things are like this, because no one really knows.

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Finally got my eForm 1 Approval today. Submitted 01/13/23. Approved 06/20/23. A bit over 5 months.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally got my eForm 1 Approval today. Submitted 01/13/23. Approved 06/20/23. A bit over 5 months.

Congrats. Sorry it took so long for a simple F1.

Posts: 2015 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I submitted 2 Amnesty e-file Form 1s on 4/25/23 and am still waiting....

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:
I submitted 2 Amnesty e-file Form 1s on 4/25/23 and am still waiting....

I'm seeing some amnesty approvals from early and mid-May start to pop up in various subforums on Reddit this past week, but I've neglected to note whether they're individual or trust.

I really wish I'd not missed one of the fields on my submissions on the 8th and had to revoke and resubmit them. Today is 40 days.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I'm seeing some amnesty approvals from early and mid-May start to pop up in various subforums on Reddit this past week, but I've neglected to note whether they're individual or trust.

I checked this thread earlier this morning and less than an hour later I received another amnesty approval that was submitted mid-May. Funny timing.

Submitted as an individual as I suspect most were. My understanding is the braced pistol had to already be in a trust before the final rule landed back in Jan in order to be submitted as a trust.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post