SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Except that it appears to work. Plenty of anecdotal evidence on r/NFA. I wouldn't throw out a "hey I submitted this item last week and wondering if you could help me out?" email, but where something is tracking way outside of normal approval times or was not batch approved, what's the harm?

If emailing an examiner was prohibited or frowned upon, the ATF would put out some guidance, the examiners would be instructed to ignore email requests, or both.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My eform 1 brace individual sbr submitted on 1/17 approved today.
Waiting on the trust sbr submitted 2/16.

Can’t read the name.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what real world impact that approval conditions have? I have always assumed you would get a form1 back that looked no different than normal.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Does anyone know what real world impact that approval conditions have? I have always assumed you would get a form1 back that looked no different than normal.

It means exactly what it says. You got approved based on a specific rule, which exempted you from engraving, paying the $200, and 922r considerations that paid submissions all have to deal with. The flip side, if that rule is overturned in court, all of those exemptions may go away, including the approval. A court would probably have to work out to undo it. It’s legalese.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get all the benefits to me, but does it come with any obligations for me?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I get all the benefits to me, but does it come with any obligations for me?

Like what? As of now it’s a registered SBR, same as any other SBR. Need to fill out a Form 20 to take it out of state, same restrictions on who can access, etc.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Except my other SBR F1's have not conditions. It's a couple of hundred pages of rulemaking. I guess the one that I think of is do I have to maintain into perpetuity the ability to put it back into the configuration that enabled me to get the 2021R-08F Form1 or at least maintain the ability to affirmatively document that configuration existed prior to 1/31/2023?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Except my other SBR F1's have not conditions. It's a couple of hundred pages of rulemaking. I guess the one that I think of is do I have to maintain into perpetuity the ability to put it back into the configuration that enabled me to get the 2021R-08F Form1 or at least maintain the ability to affirmatively document that configuration existed prior to 1/31/2023?

I think you’re reading way to much into it. As I said, it’s just legalese that says it was approved under the conditions of a specific rule, which exempts you from certain requirements as specified in the rule.

Not sure I really understand your questions. The ATF determined that the previous configuration of a braced pistol was an illegal SBR, so what configuration are you going back to? They didn’t determine that they only became SBRs on 1/31/23 and were just pistols with braces prior to that. Their point is that they were always SBRs. All they are doing is providing a 120 day amnesty to allow people to register them.

If there are other questions, ask the ATF. Or, just pay the $200, engrave, and comply with 922r, and then you don’t have to worry about it. Or, don’t get an amnesty stamp, just remove the brace and destroy it, or turn in the firearm, or any of the other options that they’ve listed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with an ATF person. I was advised that it is still “PENDING”. I asked if there is something wrong with my form that I need to correct. I was told “I dont see any notes. Just wait”. Frown

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pistol Amnesty efile
submitted: 4/22/23
Approved: 5/01/23

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Eform 4 Trust through silencer shop for a pistol caliber silencer.

Certified July 15th 2022.
Approved May 1st 2023.

8.5 months.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m getting ready to do some amnesty form 1’s this weekend. I’m confused about the pictures. Do we need pictures of the gun with the brace extended or just pictures of the receiver markings?

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Markings on the receiver.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Markings on the receiver.

Thanks
I just logged in and can’t get past updating my info. I just get a blue spinning circle. Do some browsers work better than others on there site?

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me personally I haven't seen any specific browser issues. But performance is spotty. I was helping another member get his first one done and we were walking through the train stops and I was zipping by and he was waiting minutes between steps. I've used both firefox and edge without issues. When it sucks I just give up and plan another time.

posted Hide Post
PAID eF1 submitted 02/06

As of today, per ATF "keep waiting" it's still pending No problems showing - just pending

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, that's four of them submitted on 5/9 via e-file. Now to wait.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air:
Pistol Amnesty efile

Do the pistol amnesty SBRs receive an electronic tax stamp the same as an Eform4 silencer does?

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Eform 4 Trust through Silencer Central for a pistol caliber silencer.

This will be my 2nd from Silencer Central.

Submitted 5/5/2023
Hoping for January 2024.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
quote:
Originally posted by air:
Pistol Amnesty efile

Do the pistol amnesty SBRs receive an electronic tax stamp the same as an Eform4 silencer does?

No, there is no tax stamp, just a signed approved form. You didn’t pay for a stamp.