SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Ah well...I looked at my collection again, and decided I had enough Commanders...So I canceled and let somebody else get the good deal. I need to back off a little...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. By any chance have you had the opportunity to do a side by side between the Commander and the 15?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
In what regard? The 15 sort of looks like a Commander with a semi-Tanto and a swedge tip, better for stabbing. Handle has a "Thumb Hold" on the 15 for stabbing as opposed to the "Slicing" grip on the Commander.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I've just not had the opportunity to compare them side by side. I understand the difference in specs, but as we all know well the "feel" is what turns the wheel. I guess one day I'll have to order both in and see what I like best. Would make for a heck of a Karma for someone once I'm done Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Well...They aren't that similar. You'll want to keep both...Although you don't need them both... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I think we're well past the point of "need" at this time Wink

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I suppose it's time we redefined 'need' to better suit our 'wants'... Smile

Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiverjosh:
[/url]

Great pic!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really need to stop looking at the Gentleman Jim customs........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Where are the ones you're looking at? Post a link?

I have no room to talk...I just put my name on the wait list for an UBR Commander...I doubt they'll make any more before next year.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Where are the ones you're looking at? Post a link?

I have no room to talk...I just put my name on the wait list for an UBR Commander...I doubt they'll make any more before next year.

drooling over previously sold ones

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Bit of a political/business thought, I guess. I wonder sometimes about EKI being based in Cali. Having lived there for many years I understand the appeal. Having visited since I also see how far this once mighty state has declined. As "anti" as the government is there and as much as things have/are changed I wonder if at some point they might choose to move their families and operation to a state with more freedom. It's extra difficult for them to consider doing so I'm sure with the number of employees they have on the rolls and truly exhibit care and concern for.

Does anyone know what the climate is for knife makers/possessors in Cali currently?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I know some Kali judge just decided that the Tax Breaks Kali offered to small business owners five years ago were Unconstitutional...And now Kali wants their money back...Something to the tune of $120M. Kali is dead last rated as a business environment. This might be the push some of them need to move out.

I thought at one time I'd suggest Ernest relocate to Okaloosa or Walton Counties in NW Florida. He'd still be near Air Force and Navy Bases including the Navy Dive Lab at Panama City Beach.

I don't know, he and his wife are pretty damned smart, they know what to do...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
No question about that! Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:

I thought at one time I'd suggest Ernest relocate to Okaloosa or Walton Counties in NW Florida. He'd still be near Air Force and Navy Bases including the Navy Dive Lab at Panama City Beach.

I don't know, he and his wife are pretty damned smart, they know what to do...

I have mixed feelings here......

I'd love it...

But its too close for my bank account Big Grin

Though I am planning on stopping by their facility in April when I'm in huntington beach for a meeting and have a free day

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
You probably already know this but it is important to call / email ahead of time and make sure they are at a good point to have a visit. Apparently from what others have said they are set up primarily as a production rather than retail location and don't always have the staff and time for visitors.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
You probably already know this but it is important to call / email ahead of time and make sure they are at a good point to have a visit. Apparently from what others have said they are set up primarily as a production rather than retail location and don't always have the staff and time for visitors.

I'd planned on it, out of respect for everyone.

I'm sure people just "drop" by constantly

I'd like to get a signed OBS shirt Smile

posted Hide Post
OBS folders incoming

Posted on Emerson FB page

Does not say how many

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Are you guys on the list to get one?