SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Hey guys...I added a couple of Doug Ritter Griptilians to my knife sale.

I pulled the Super Commander and CQC-8, may put them up again later, or not...I'm not in a big hurry. Smile

Must....must...must resist Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Hey snwghst, great pics of your OBS! Are the post cracks enough to slide the blade into place gently or do you pop it in there?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Hey snwghst, great pics of your OBS! Are the post cracks enough to slide the blade into place gently or do you pop it in there?

I just popped it in

The tops of the pilings are pretty soft

Now to save for a Steel Flame clip and find a cool bead.

I like it, seriously doubt it'll be an EDC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
scskulls.com are great people to work with, and have quite a variety of beads. If you let them know you are USN they will take additional care of you.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Did y'all see this link? Wow, what a knife! Eek :drool:

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, it really is. But what is an M5 Handle?

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Either it is made out of a BMW, pieces of a motorway in southwest Britain or a synthetic, ballistic material "M5 is stronger than Aramid (Kevlar, Twaron) and UHMWPE (Dyneema, Spectra).
M5 is more fire resistant than meta-Aramid. It is the most fire resistant organic fiber yet developed. It is less brittle than carbon fiber and will yield when stretched"

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I wanna Zombie Suit made outta that stuff...

posted Hide Post
I'll reside my house in it against future hurricanes

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
So...I put my Barrett up in the Classifieds today. Another nice knife that just needs to be used.

I'm thinking of putting one of my Karambits up, I decided I only need two...A Combat and a Super. But I think I might take the G10 off the Orange and put it on the Black Super Blade...Maybe that'll look nice...Orange/Black Super...What do you think?

Scratch that idea. I looked at the two Supers, and they used beveled screws on the Orange and Mushroom screws on the Black...so the screw holes would be wrong...can't swap the G10.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

posted Hide Post
Ill have to see if I can find the link for a custom super 7 karambit folder again. Think it was 1300

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
That didn't take long Smile

posted Hide Post
Young Czechvar must need more nerf ammo

silly panic Big Grin

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

Wicked sharp. Lovely style. Looks like a SR-71

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You bought this? Tell me you got this... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
It's mine. Cool

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
{JUMPING UP AND DOWN} Dude! It's amazing...I love it...more pics and a story please...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I have another awesome pic I'll try to post tomorrow. It's stuck behind a massive data file in the queue. What can I say? I'm really impressed with this one. It's smaller than I expected, but it is so comfortable, and like I said, wicked sharp is the only way to describe it. Anything that one desired to pierce this would be through before one ever felt it. There isn't much of a story to tell, other than dedicated hunter finds quarry after long search and is well satisfied. I've got a really long week. I'm delivering the lecture this week that Mike S. helped me with (very helpful) materials for. So, I've gotta crash and be hard at it way before early in the AM.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

I was able to get them to upload first.

Everyone have sweet dreams of Emersons dancing in your heads Cool