SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Are you guys on the list to get one?

I am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6304 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm on the list in USN. Thanks for the update!

I've now compared the mini-commander next to the mini-cqc15. It is really interesting that in spite of many similarities on paper how very different the knives are in the hand. With the design differences that isn't a shock, but interesting nevertheless. The mini's are a bit small in my hand, but between the two I fancied the 15 a bit more.

P.S. I appreciate those of you that keep us up to date from the facebook thing. I don't facebook and no updates seem to happen in the news area of the EKI or OBS sites lately. They have so much work to do, and keeping up info on websites is onerous.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
So, if I read the upcoming OBS knives correctly once they are announced it is first come first served calling EKI? I couldn't get a good look at the pic, it looks like the OBS knives are Commanders? An OBS 6 would be soooo cool, but also so out of what I could afford.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talked to EKI

She did not know about preorder, had not seen then, did not know how many or when

Was told to pay attention to website, and OBS site and be quick

I was the first to call to inquire, at least to talk to her

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6304 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry...I've been incredibly busy lately. I will get a pick of the SF blanged Rhino posted.

Those OBS folders are wicked and sell out so quickly.

I found the standard Commanders are just a wee bit too small to fit in my fat hands. The Super Com is about perfect. So now I know I need an ESM-1. Wink

I personally love how well the CQC-8 fits in my hands. It seems to become an extension of my hand. Amazing.

Tonight I'm carrying a true lefty Super CQC-6 (I'm ambidextrous), and I'm sitting in the waiting area during my sons fencing class. I caught episode 2 of the new Strike Back and am now killing some more time. Smile

Posts: 11 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
If they just announced, then I'm guessing they just started the buildup, grinding, etc. Place your bets on the availability date...I'm going with next Tuesday AM for the first order.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I expect you're close on that count. I think there is/was one in the cove this week. Did anyone happen to catch what the price would be on that one?

posted Hide Post
As promised:

Posts: 11 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone here actually know anything about Howe's Knife Shop? They seem to have some extraordinarily good prices on Emersons occasionally...Are they pretty reputable?

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Jiminpotomac that is a very impressive pic with awesome blingage Smile Earlier here and with the SF area on USN I posted my Gypsy with the Crusader pivot too.

Picture of gator97
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone here actually know anything about Howe's Knife Shop? They seem to have some extraordinarily good prices on Emersons occasionally...Are they pretty reputable?

I have bought several knives from Howe's knives. Extremely fast shipping. I have been nothing but satisfied. Mr. Howe has always been very nice to me when I have called looking for a knife.

Posts: 843 | Location: Greenville,SC | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
He has a nice Black plainedge Super Commander on sale for $228...a great deal. But I already have a Stonewashed Super Commander, A Jungle Commander, and a Mini Commander...I like it and want it but I was holding out for a Desert Super Roadhouse or an UBR Commander...

Decisions, decisions...

posted Hide Post
Just received my first Emerson, a Commander, from Howe's Knife Shop. Transaction was stellar, reached me in 2 days and was insured. This will be my go to place for Emerson blades, of which I see many more in my future.

As for the Commander, I cannot be more impressed, fit and finish are spot on.

BravoSix out.

------------------------------
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
I can also picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
---------------------------------------
P239 9mm
P220 Combat

Posts: 219 | Location: Woodburn, OR, USA | Registered: May 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
He has a nice Black plainedge Super Commander on sale for $228...a great deal. But I already have a Stonewashed Super Commander, A Jungle Commander, and a Mini Commander...I like it and want it but I was holding out for a Desert Super Roadhouse or an UBR Commander...

Decisions, decisions...

Isn't your stonewash a serrated blade? Is that part of why you're choosing to wait? There are some blades that beg for plain edge, but I typically try to get serrated in most EKIs.

Congrats on the pick up Bravo6 Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The Stonewashed Commander is serrated...I like some plain, others serrated. The Roadhouses should be Plain, the Commanders could be either way, Gentlemen Jim's should be plain...the 7's, 8's, and 15's should be black and serrated, and the 13's and 10's should be plain...Just personal preferences...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
And the Gypsy plain as well

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Seems no word yet. I'm guessing Wed afternoon or Thur morning. We'll have to all let each other know once one of us knows for sure Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
"Super CQC-8s are now coming through!"

posted Hide Post
OBS out of manufacturing

Will be posted on front of website

Later today or tomorrow

posted Hide Post
OBS available!!!!

Call now

In serrated or non

I ordered a non-serrated

Emails sent