SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Any idea how many in this run?

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Congrats! Any idea how many in this run?

I asked and Mary said she could not say

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6289 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Ann sounded a bit fried when I spoke with her.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5668 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
If they just announced, then I'm guessing they just started the buildup, grinding, etc. Place your bets on the availability date...I'm going with next Tuesday AM for the first order.

Was I close?

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Closer than I Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5668 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
OK, so a bit off topic....

I found this, and looking around quickly didn't find anything else like it. It has no markings on it, but I am under no illusion that I've found some long lost early Emerson grail :rme:

However, what I have found is a fixed blade rhino style knife that seems of reasonable construction

posted Hide Post
Let the impatient wait begin

Got my shipping notification

Looks like be at my house next weds.....

Anyone heading to Vegas for G5 this weekend?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snwghst,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6289 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Mine is here and looks so great, sublime, sturdy, excellent, so many adjectives for it Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Mine is here and looks so great, sublime, sturdy, excellent, so many adjectives for it Smile

hmmmmmm.....

you live entirely too close for shipping or.... you expedited it Smile

TTWWOP Big Grin

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
TTWWOP

Big Grin I will when I can, running behind today

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
That looks awesome!!!!

No serial #?

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
You are correct sir. I presume it is because those in the Order know that they can always trust their blades with each other.

posted Hide Post
quote:
You are correct sir. I presume it is because those in the Order know that they can always trust their blades with each other.

All the ones I'd seen for sale had one

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Mine has a serial number. Maybe Ernie changed the format? Hearty congratulations, I know how significant this is. I actually want to dress mine up with a .45 knob and maybe a bronze skull cross.

Guys...I put a few of my knives up for sale in the classifieds...I had so many I felt bad that I couldn't use them all. Good prices, I'm losing money, but I'll be happy if they go to a good home. Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Now you have me wondering. Did mine rush out into the game without putting on its jersey (number?)

Nice knives in the classifieds Smile
I'm tapped out, might get knifed myself if I buy anything else right now Wink

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:

All the ones I'd seen for sale had one

I looked at the one on the EKI site. It is number 640. I wonder what this means...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I decided I wanted to focus on Commanders and Karambits. My everyday carry is a Jungle Commander, it's my favorite. If I'm CCW'ing I might take a Karambit.

I looked at the collection and the thought occurred to me that this was a serious waste of great steel, time to set them free. And it's also a chance to spread the Emerson Legend around as well...I'd be very happy if these got used hard every day by somebody.

You should ask Mary next week about the serial numbers, I'm curious.

posted Hide Post
Great pieces you put up. Great prices also. Looks like people are snapping them up

I have to take a break

OBS makes 6 since last Christmas (includes dads Christmas present)

Saving for a wicked edge now. Hope to get in on next group buy.

Also saving for a 938

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Hey guys...I added a couple of Doug Ritter Griptilians to my knife sale.

I pulled the Super Commander and CQC-8, may put them up again later, or not...I'm not in a big hurry. Smile