SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by callibird:
I have posted before, but I REALLY like my Commander...

Callibird, what is it you like about your Commander? I've always been more into the tanto blades (other than my NSAR). I've never been against the commanders, just haven't felt the pull. What do you like about it?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Karambits are coming up in early June...HEADS UP!

If you want a Karambit model Emersons advises getting on the wait list to be notified when they are available.

If you haven't created a NEW account, do so, they didn't keep the old account info.

Go to the Karambit Models section under Knives which is under STORE. Select the model and blade color you want. When the box pops up, hit "Add me to the Wait List"...

I'm guessing everyone will get an email, then it's first come first served. They said the Karambits will all go very fast, so be ready if you want one...

http://emersonknives.com/produ...karambit-the-knives/

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The new website changed the location of the Emerson Knife Anatomy...Lots of important info...

http://emersonknives.com/blog/emerson-knife-anatomy/

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
A new Ernest Emerson Custom Knife to be revealed at Blade 2013...The Apex...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Another Emerson Custom Knife for Blade 2013...The Blue Marud...based on the original Azek Marud, the Emerson Collectors Association Knife of the Year 2004.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Another Emerson Custom Knife for Blade 2013...The Silver Twill CQC-15...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
From Emersons FB page...

quote:
The Long Awaited Emerson Custom Knife From George Washington's Oak Tree "The Patriot"!

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Another Emerson Custom Knife for Blade 2013...The Silver Twill CQC-15...

So how do those work? Do you have to attend blade show to get one?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I think you do need to attend Blade to get one of these. I haven't heard otherwise yet. You ought to ask them when you call.

I don't know if he has these for sale on the table, or if these are part of the Lottery. They do sell a bunch right off the table, but the REALLY special ones - and I'm guessing that the Silver Twill is one - would go to the Lottery in the Ballroom. So they draw tickets, and if you get selected you go up front and buy THAT specific knife. You should watch the Youtube video of the Lottery.

Then on June 8th is the Virtual Show and Lottery which is also pretty big.

I've read that Ernest sells these great knives on the table for like $1K, and the people turn around and sell them on BossHoss for anywhere from $2K to $10K+...

I'll bet that Silver Twill 15 up there will eventually sell for $5K to $10K.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
EBossHoss is apparently where they've all been selling, including a USN dagger.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Super CQC-8 came today...For size comparison, a regular CQC-8 and a 1970 Pontiac GTO Convertable... Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
More beauties in preparation for the two upcoming Shows...First is a Full Dress Roadhouse, next a Full Dress Patriot (New Design).

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Super CQC-8 came today...For size comparison, a regular CQC-8 and a 1970 Pontiac GTO Convertable... Smile

Quick Dear! Hide the Children!! It's every man for themselves now!!

Posts: 3598 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Quick Dear! Hide the Children!! It's every man for themselves now!!

You aren't kidding...Even the man himself gets nervous around it... Smile
quote:
Here is the Super Sized knife that everyone wanted. And it is a Super knife not just in size, but in ferocity, intimidation and performance. I’m almost scared to carry the thing around. It’s like carrying a folding scimitar around in your pocket. It is the largest folder that we’ve ever made and yet it stills feels great in the hand, and handles like a sports car in action.

I don’t know if you all know the history of the CQC-8 but it has been a favorite among certain “circles” in Britain’s Famed SAS regiment for years and has been in action since the Bosnian Conflict. It is a true battle hardened veteran that has seen action in every theatre since the 1980’s. That’s going on 30 years now. This “Super” version is a cutting, slashing monster that will do whatever you ask of a knife. These knives are also already in the production line and are scheduled for finish in April.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/cqc-8/super-cqc-8-bts/

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
2013 Lottery Preview...You can pull up the knives and check 'em out...And there is a truckload to see...

http://emersonknives.com/uncat...013-lottery-preview/

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The Virtual Knife Show Auction Preview...And these are some seriously tricked out knives, the big stuff...

http://emersonknives.com/uncat...zed/auction-preview/

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
5th Emerson Virtual Knife Show and Auction Details

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the 5th Emerson Online Knife Show Lottery and Auction. This year’s show will be a great one. I am producing some very special knives for this year’s show and I guarantee there will be something for everyone’s tastes. I will have 15 completely new custom prototype designs. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Here is a chance to attend a real Emerson Lottery so that those of you who are not able to attend a knife show in person get an equal chance to purchase an Emerson Custom Hand Made Knife at the Emerson table price, no matter how far away you are.

As in the past, the Lottery participants will be restricted to members of the Emerson Collectors Association. If you are not a member, you will need to join in order to participate in the Lottery.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

In addition I will be putting up some very special custom creations in the Emerson Auction site which will be running the week leading up to the day of the lottery. There will be some incredibly beautiful and unique creations up for auction.

I will be posting photos and descriptions of the knives as I get them finished.

The Auction will be running starting Monday, June 3rd at 12:00 PM Pacific time and finish at 12:00 PM on Saturday, June 8th.
VIEW AUCTION HERE

The date of the Lottery Show will be Saturday, June 8th at 12:00 PM Pacific time.

Register for Lottery here

Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson

http://emersonknives.com/uncat...and-auction-details/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Those are some sick knives! Eek

Did you receive this as an email with your new club membership? I phoned today and did mine that way. I'm somewhat dubious that it will get linked up with my online membership, but hopefully she will prove me wrong. I haven't received a confirmation email yet.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
No, I was looking and they just posted all this info and pictures for today...It'll be a wild ride starting Friday...Lotsa action in Harbor City...

Any idea why you couldn't do it online yourself?

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Because the website would not recognize the United States as a valid location to which to ship purchases... Roll Eyes

Seems odd to me that she took my order this morning and still nothing on my card or in my inbox, but maybe they're busy getting ready for the show.