SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Why was she pissed off?

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
He showed her up Big Grin

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed something.....

edit

OK, maybe I see based from last post

its all good, she bought what she thought was a nice knife. and it was, just a third + tier one.

she's all good now she's actually seen and held a second tier quality piece

I refer to a full blown custom and top builder as the first tier

Besides, it took her shooting my 516 for her to accept and increase the budget for his first AR. I found a superb deal on an M&P during the panic

she has nothing to really bitch about Big Grin She's a great woman besides

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6304 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll post some pics of some of my Emersons when I get some free time.

Used to have an NSAR (the one reviewed earlier). Great knife. I've got a Suspect Super Six in my pocket, here at the office.

Have a few SIGs lying around the house. Took a SIG Mosquito to a buddy's to do some shooting last fall, and he fell in love. Hard. Now he has a friend who wants me to bring it back for another shooting weekend, as he wants to purchase one.

This seems like a great place.

Posts: 11 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't happen to have a Rhino in your Collection, woodcha?

Also... USN typing question...Would someone please tell me how to drop a line of text down when typing in USN. I.E., I insert a URL with a Youtube Link and I want to skip a few lines before I start typing a description of the video. I hit "ENTER" and nothing happens...So I end up with what looks like a continuous string of text without paragraphs...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiminpotomac:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Are you attending GV?

quote:

The Gathering USN
Planet Hollywood
Las Vegas, Nevada
August 29,30,31 2013

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
When will Ernie make some more Fixed Karambits?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
You wouldn't happen to have a Rhino in your Collection, woodcha?

Yes, I also have a Rhino (Emerson). Amazing knife.

I can't help with the USN issue... I haven't had the same problem.

No GV for me. Have a business trip that will take me into the weekend, and the kids both start school that week, then I'm off to my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Timing sucks. Frown

Posts: 11 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
If you can...Would you mind telling us how you got a Rhino? They're as rare as Hens teeth...It's quite a big deal to own one.

posted Hide Post
It pays to have good friends. Smile

They are very rare birds. I feel very privileged to own this one!

posted Hide Post
Here's a photo of my Rhino alongside a custom G10 Emerson CQC-8... The Rhino is now sporting a special Steel Flame thumbdisk and custom clip.

posted Hide Post
For fun, here's one of my CQC-6s. This is another rare bird, one of perhaps six that has a bead blasted blade. She's an early threaded bolster CQC-6, and to make her even more interesting she has hex threaded pivot vs. the traditional slotted ones, and Phillips head hardware. Smile

posted Hide Post
One more for grins...

Some custom Emerson goodness. A few special ones in this photo, including a Half-moon Trivector.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Beautiful...You are so fortunate to have such a great collection. In the bottom photo...Could you name the knives...Besides the Rhino I think I see a HMMV-K? Another rare one...

Also...Is your USN sign on the same as here? I was going to send you a Friend Request.

posted Hide Post
Sure!

From 12:00 clockwise:

Rhino
HMMV-K
CQC-6 (thread bolster, bead blast blade, special hardware)
Trivector (halfmoon, garage days, all bells & whistles) rwATR did a great YouTube review on it
Super CQC-6 (Suspect Six)
G10 CQC-8 (waved, old school details, zero grind)

And we're buddies on the USN already Wink

posted Hide Post
Now let's see some more Emersons!

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Chronos?

I haven't bought any new Emerson's since I got 3 Karambits last month...Orange SK, Black SK, and a Combat Karambit.

Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiminpotomac:
Here's a photo of my Rhino alongside a custom G10 Emerson CQC-8... The Rhino is now sporting a special Steel Flame thumbdisk and custom clip.

Beautiful! Do you have pics of the SF accessories?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post