SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Reports: Russia wants 'Merchant of Death' in exchange for Brittney Griner

America: “Eh, that’s okay. You keep her”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Merchant of Death? Yikes. That doesn’t seem like a fair trade at all.

If she was my sister/brother I’m sure I would want all the stops pulled out to get them back. As a disinterested observer I have little sympathy for carrying drugs or drug residue across borders. It’s infantile thinking to not understand the inherent risks involved.

WNBA needs to go away anyway. It’s boring. Like watching bad high school basketball. I just injected sports into a political thread. Is that allowed? lol

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Don't do it. We always get the shitty end of the deal and it only encourages Russia to continue this behavior.

Posts: 9000 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
...it only encourages Russia to continue this behavior.
The "behavior" is Griner's, not Russia. She broke the law, Russia didn't break the law for her.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wonder if she still hates America and our awful justice system right now.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
...it only encourages Russia to continue this behavior.
The "behavior" is Griner's, not Russia. She broke the law, Russia didn't break the law for her.

This. She thought she'd enjoy the same white black, female, lesbian, athlete, privilege in Russia. Apparently the law in Russia applies to her like it would you or me. I'd bet she's surprised, but hasn't learned much from it.

Edited to add: I imagine the Russians take great pleasure in this. Especially as she's "American" albeit in name only.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Reports: Russia wants 'Merchant of Death' in exchange for Brittney Griner

America: “Eh, that’s okay. You keep her”.

Mr Potato Head is likely to disagree.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I really wanted to believe this was satire. Some Duffel Bee shit or something, right? They want us to give them a war criminal in exchange for... a basketball player?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really wanted to believe this was satire. Some Duffel Bee shit or something, right? They want us to give them a war criminal in exchange for... a basketball player?

Yeah well, look who they're negotiating with. I wouldn't be surprised if we threw in the Brooklyn Bridge for free in that deal.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Viktor Bout..Maybe we could throw in some high level Russian spies to sweeten the deal. He is currently doing 25 years at USP Marion. Not a nice guy.
Reminds me of the trades we used to make as kids. Your bicycle for a my cool rusted knife.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, if you don't ask, you may not get. Apparently this guy was the inspiration for the Nicolas Cage's character in the movie God of War

Posts: 14555 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Lord of War*

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Not only will Biden make the trade, he’ll invite her to the White House, heap praise on her, she’ll make all the propaganda shows, get commercial deals from Nike and Disney, and a book deal, suck it up a little longer fella, the pay day will be huge.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I was at a funeral and a woman w the WNBA was there. We talked about this "poor poor American Hating victim" and she had mentioned she was going to be part of a prisoner swap. I don't know how high up she is in the organization, but she brought it up, not me.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8317 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I think there two other Americans being held in Moscow? What about them? Wait, I think they're white guys. Never mind. ..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Remember the one asshole that was in the White House? You know the one who made the exchange of a few really bad terrorists for a fuckin Traitor?

Don't underestimate the power of stupid in this regime.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8315 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Not only will Biden make the trade, he’ll invite her to the White House, heap praise on her, she’ll make all the propaganda shows, get commercial deals from Nike and Disney, and a book deal, suck it up a little longer fella, the pay day will be huge.

The pandering to the woke crowd will continue.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We'll see. That's a very serious thing, letting go of someone like like Bout. The Biden administration probably is that stupid, confused and biased with all their ridiculous "woke" bullshit, but swapping off someone like Bout is no small thing.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just keep hearing that, you know, he has the power. She's a political pawn," she said. "So if they're holding her because they want you to do something, then I want you to do it.
^^^^^^^^^^
Well she hasn't a clue. How can people be so stupid?

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post