SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Too bad the resolution of that 'I'm being held prisoner' pic wasn't better. I would make a great hashtag/MEME pic... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Or does the sign say: "I'm not suicidal!"

BLM should charter a couple of jumbo jets and take throngs there to protest.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
She doesn’t play for Russia. She plays in a Russian league.

^^^^^^^^^^^
I am aware of that. Poor phrasing on my part. She plays on the top Russian team in the Russian league. The same way that Russian players play in the our National Hockey league. It still counts for something.Alexander Ovechkin would get special treatment for example.

In our country, sure. But not in Russia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^Great!

I guess my question is how did she get the drugs from an airport in New York to Moscow. Is it that easy to move that stuff? My understanding is a dog at the Moscow airport smelled the drugs in a hand bag. Help me out here…thanks.

Chris

Posts: 257 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
My guess is her “celebrity status” gives her VIP treatment that would net her far less scrutiny when they scan her belongings. Also, cannabis vape cartridges look like any others, and I have never seen dogs at any of the airports I’ve travelled through in the US checking bags.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^^
My guess is her “celebrity status” gives her VIP treatment that would net her far less scrutiny when they scan her belongings. Also, cannabis vape cartridges look like any others, and I have never seen dogs at any of the airports I’ve travelled through in the US checking bags.

Thanks gearhounds….the wife and I were both wondering.

Posts: 257 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've seen dogs sniffing bags from flights arriving in the US from abroad (LAX and IAD for sure), but never for departing flights. Then again, you don't really see checked bags again after you drop it off at the counter.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell, she wasn't lugging around loose pot or something. She had vape cartridges, which is a preferred method for a lot of young people to "smoke" weed these days. Almost certainly purchased in the US via a "medical marijuana" card.

It's the thing now in many, if not most parts of this country...but clearly she miscalculated, because it's not a thing in that country.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The articles say she had vape cartridges. Her celebrity status didn’t matter and she didn’t need a medical marijuana card to obtain them. She could have simply walked into any of the many stores in states where marijuana is legal and purchased them. They don’t care if it’s legal in your state. Marijuana isn’t treated like guns in they regard. If you are in Nevada and want weed you go to the store and buy it. You don’t even have to be an American citizen.

I work in an industry where a large number of people use marijuana and they carry those vape cartridges all over the country on airplanes every day. I’ve never heard of a single person getting caught at the airport with them. I’m sure it’s happened but not to anyone I work with.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well this is Russia. Speaking out against the government could get you 15 years in prison. She certainly knew better.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^

Odd, I've never not seen dogs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
https://www.diag-nose.com/why-...er-dogs-at-airports/

It appears dogs are used regularly at airports. I know I’ve seen them at O’Hare and possibly at Austin, TX airports.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
DIA uses dogs. Waiting for my son to land on a two hour delay sitting reading a book. The handler led the dog up to me and gave me a good going over. The handler looked scared to death, but I knew enough not to talk to or try and pet the dog. When the dog was finished he just led him off without a fine how do you do, or thank you very much.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I rarely see dogs at the airport. Maybe 25% of the time I fly I see one, and then it’s only one.

Plus afaik not all dogs can detect all things. Most dogs in the airport are likely bomb dogs. Frankly I don’t think that LEO at airports are all that concerned about a small amount of marijuana that’s for personal use, particularly now that millions of people can legally possess it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
^^^^

Odd, I've never not seen dogs.

Dogs regularly at PDX (Portland) but they are not sniffing for cannabis. If they were they'd go freaking crazy in Portland with the number of stoners there.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I rarely see dogs at the airport. Maybe 25% of the time I fly I see one, and then it’s only one.

Plus afaik not all dogs can detect all things. Most dogs in the airport are likely bomb dogs. Frankly I don’t think that LEO at airports are all that concerned about a small amount of marijuana that’s for personal use, particularly now that millions of people can legally possess it.

ZERO people can possess it according to Federal Law...Just Sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

ZERO people can possess it according to Federal Law...Just Sayin' Wink

The point is, nobody at the airport is looking for a handful of vape cartridges. If they were, all they’d have to do is search a couple planeloads of people coming from Denver or Las Vegas and they’d make dozens of arrests. That they are not doing that means that they don’t give a shit.

This girl getting on an airplane in the US with some marijuana vape cartridges isn’t unique or hard and certainly didn’t happen because she was treated special. She was able to do it because nobody in the US gave a shit if anyone did.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well this is Russia. Speaking out against the government could get you 15 years in prison. She certainly knew better.

I think she carried her air of entitlement to the wrong country.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:

I think she carried her air of entitlement to the wrong country.
And at the wrong time. I doubt the Russians would normally give a damn, but now they are looking to gather some hostages as bargaining chips in case needed. It pays to keep up with current events.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post