SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
dude or dud?

Yes.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, poor, poor Britt: "My life just don't matter to me anymore." Well, shit, Britt- JOIN THE CLUB!! Your life doesn't matter to us, either.
One wonders if she's yet figured out few people give a flyin' frack about her woes and, if so, why that might be?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
'My life just don't even matter no more,'

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
These stupid fuckin' commies, they think EVERYWHERE is better than the racist homophobic USA.

Rude awakening dear- it ain't.

What thoughts are going thru your head in prison?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Suffered? LOL.

I'm sure she has it better than 99.9% of the prisoners in Russia.

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Okay I have to ask, first under what authority does Bill Richardson have to negotiate and second what could he be offering the to gain here release.
He is the past Governor of New Mexico I am not sure what he could be offering.

He's worked in a number capacities as a special diplomat, to include US ambassador to the UN. He's secured release of previously jailed American's overseas.

That said...he's also been tied to Jeffery Epstein as being a client Eek

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
If Richardson can talk them into releasing her while not giving ANYTHING up from the US or on behalf of the Biden regime, then more power to him. Maybe his personal relationship with powerful people over there will suffice. I have zero sympathy for BG. But if someone can get her released and it doesn't negatively affect us, I'm sure any of us would want the same for ourselves or loved ones.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tragic- Brittney fears she may never again see the shores of her beloved United States.

Brittney Griner's lawyer says WNBA star fears she may never be released from Russian prison

She yearns for that purple mountain's majesty! Fruited plain, the whole dang thing.

Yeah, I'll bet she does

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
How can she yearn for something she so despised, relax Brit, the Potatus will trade the arms dealer for you as soon as its beneficial for votes. I thought you'd like a place where all the women look like Ivan Drago.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Do they have playmates in Russian prisons? Is that you Big Bubba? Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
How about now? Still hate the United States? Still think our society is racist? If you could hear the national anthem live in an American ball court, would you still kneel? I'll bet you would eventually.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Hey, moron, it could be much worse.

Under the Soviet system, you’d get 25/5/5.

The “25” means 25 years hard labor.

The first “5” is for the law under the Soviet system that said once you finished your 25 year sentence (and there was no parole or time off), you served another five years of internal exile, usually to whatever shit hole town where that prison is located.

And after the exile, the second “5” is for your five more years of deprivation of your “civil rights” (their term, not mine). That meant no voting (for which released prisoners was mandatory, Roll Eyes) for the one candidate listed on the ballot, being subject to reimprisonment for the slightest offense, or movement inside the USSR, etcetera.

So dipshit, you could have gotten much, much worse.

That is why when I travel outside the US I carry a letter from my prescribing physician detailing what I take and why. Never needed it, but when the first sign you see in Manila’s Aquino Airport says “DEATH TO DRUG SMUGGLERS” that letter made me feel a tiny bit safer.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
How can she yearn for something she so despised, relax Brit, the Potatus will trade the arms dealer for you as soon as its beneficial for votes. I thought you'd like a place where all the women look like Ivan Drago.

Biden has no power or control in this. Putin is in complete control of this situation. That is poor Brittney's problem. Don't know how important a arms dealer is to Putin at the moment. And even less important is a lesbian pro women's basketball player. Putin would much sooner see Biden take the hit for not being able to get her release than to release her for a arms dealer.

Maybe the Russian oligarch who owns the basketball team she went over there to play for has Putin's ear and can help her out but I think that would have been already done if that was the case. Apparently these women basketball players get paid a considerable amount more playing in Russia than the WNBA.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Putin would much sooner see Biden take the hit for not being able to get her release than to release her for a arms dealer.
I believe you are correct, but we shall see. She's been in jail since February. I'd like to see her do at least a full year. Anything past that is gravy.

Once out of incarceration and back home, a sane person would have a greater appreciation for their country. However, this weirdo is anything but sane. She'll find a way to rationalize a continued attitude of contempt and a complete lack of respect for this benevolent nation.

If she does still have a career when she gets back to the states, I can't wait to see her get on her fucking kees during the National Anthem.

And then, you'll really hear something, Britt.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Rest assured, the Russkies have a few people dedicated to reading everything they can on how BG is viewed by Americans and what effect her release or continued imprisonment would have on public opinion of both Putin and Brandon. They probably read stuff like this thread and readers' comments on various BG news articles and wonder if keeping her in jail hurts or helps Brandon. I'm pretty sure they'll do whatever makes Brandon look weak and feeble, not that he needs much help there.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
...Don't know how important a arms dealer is to Putin at the moment. And even less important is a lesbian pro women's basketball player. Putin would much sooner see Biden take the hit for not being able to get her release than to release her for a arms dealer....

I think right now Putin needs a dealer more than poking Biden in the eye. Russia is losing equipment and ammo faster than they can replace it. Putin might need someone to go to those third world nations and try to buy back that old soviet junk the dealer sold them in the past.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
She'll find a way to rationalize a continued attitude of contempt and a complete lack of respect for this benevolent nation.
My guess is it'll be something like "did nothing for me when I was illegally detained and incarcerated."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I don't give a shit. Keep her if you want.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Given the contrarian streak running through President Putin, maybe we need to start an a “Free Brittany” letter writing campaign.

Do a video short showing how to write on paper with ink, a letter, folding it and placing into an envelope, addressing it, putting on postage and mailing in a real mail box.

Drop a few million such letters on Putin, and she’ll serve the full nine years, followed by another term for overstaying her visa, served in internal exile to Udachny, Russia.

It could inspire a movie maybe.

At the least, young people might learn how to write and send a real letter.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Prison term long enough to insure her basketball career is over will suffice.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post