SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The simple fact is that is this had been just the normal, average, American tourist you wouldn't have even heard about this until she got sentenced.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37926 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
She's got a history of not following rules and thinking she's the most important person in a room.
Funny how the person with the lowest IQ in the room is the one who generally behaves that way. People with real intelligence and a measure of practical thinking don't need to retreat to such behavior. My take, the basketball broad (if you can actually call it that) can stay forever in Russia, and SJL can go become he/him/her/it/they's roommate. America is better off without either of them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With endorsements and bonuses she makes 1.3 million. She didn’t go over there to be able to put food on the table she went over there to make another million which is fine but they are framing it like she can’t make a living in the U.S.

They should all be glad the NBA subsidizes their league to the tune of 10 million per year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3872 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Surprised this hasn't been in the news more. Obviously if she really tried to move drugs through an airport in Russia, I've got no sympathy for her. Don't know if she's into smoking pot, but do you guys trust the Russian government? You 100% don't even question this? She seems like the ideal political prisoner pawn - gay, black, and American. Timing of it is rather suspicious. I'm skeptical. Also fuck Vladimir Putin, I hope he dies a horrible death sooner than later.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Well, since it seems there's NO denial by ANYONE defending her stating that she didn't have the contraband (vape cartridges w/ THC Oil) in her possession, in this case I'm gonna have to believe the Russian Gov't. Those that are coming to her defense are NOT claiming that she's innocent, they're ONLY claiming that she's a 'victim' and the the Russian Gov't/Justice system should take into account her 'circumstances' so skeptical, I'm NOT!

Apparently she picked the exact wrong time/war during which to get caught with drugs in Russia! I expect that the Justice System in Russia will make an example of her...And I'm OK with that! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Dumb hole couldn’t put the drugs down for 6 hours to flee back to the country she hates. Let her rot.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently she picked the exact wrong time/war during which to get caught with drugs in Russia! I expect that the Justice System in Russia will make an example of her...And I'm OK with that!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt there will be any lengthy imprisonment. Average American citizen yes. She is the star player on the Russian team. We will see.

Posts: 17167 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
Surprised this hasn't been in the news more. Obviously if she really tried to move drugs through an airport in Russia, I've got no sympathy for her. Don't know if she's into smoking pot, but do you guys trust the Russian government? You 100% don't even question this? She seems like the ideal political prisoner pawn - gay, black, and American. Timing of it is rather suspicious. I'm skeptical. Also fuck Vladimir Putin, I hope he dies a horrible death sooner than later.

This. I wouldn't trust the Putin regime if it said the sun would rise tomorrow. I can't think of an easier thing to palm and plant than a couple of vape cartridges.

Her lifestyle issues irrelevant and her business, but the Russians under Putin are notoriously anti-gay. It certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility that the same government who routinely kills dissidents would set up a simple frame on a gay American during this particular point in history.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
A few questions from her former teammates at Baylor or just your average student. People love to talk. I suspect in this case she had the vape pen with residue. I could be wrong.

Posts: 17167 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You can be all 'conspiracy', can't trust the Russians, Putin is the devil, but what obviously can't be overlooked here is that NOBODY is proclaiming that she's innocent! Just Sayin' Wink

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Apparently she picked the exact wrong time/war during which to get caught with drugs in Russia! I expect that the Justice System in Russia will make an example of her...And I'm OK with that!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt there will be any lengthy imprisonment. Average American citizen yes. She is the star player on the Russian team. We will see.

They recently sent a former US Marine to prison for 9 years after a night of heavy drinking and getting into a scuffle with police. I don't have much hope for her getting a light sentence.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
She doesn’t play for Russia. She plays in a Russian league.

Posts: 3872 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
You can be all 'conspiracy', can't trust the Russians, Putin is the devil, but what obviously can't be overlooked here is that NOBODY is proclaiming that she's innocent! Just Sayin' Wink

Maybe nobody but her and the Russians know for sure, but being raised and trained that everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a fair, impartial court, for which the Russians neither practice and are not known to have, I'll place the burden of proof on them.

I'm more than willing to believe that Putin is the devil and that you can't trust the Russians. History and current affairs lends this credence.

I don't know all the particulars of the case but, based on what has been posted, in my jurisdiction this could very well be a minor misdemeanor subject to a citation and a fine, if that. Having been a felony investigator and not a narc I wouldn't even waste my time with it. I doubt there would have been this much umbrage if it weren't for the politician involved and this person's position and lifestyle. It's about as minimal a drug or smuggling crime as you could get, anywhere. If in fact it actually occurred as the commies Russians say.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

They recently sent a former US Marine to prison for 9 years after a night of heavy drinking and getting into a scuffle with police.

That's just normal Marine behavior, isn't it? Big Grin

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
She doesn’t play for Russia. She plays in a Russian league.

^^^^^^^^^^^
I am aware of that. Poor phrasing on my part. She plays on the top Russian team in the Russian league. The same way that Russian players play in the our National Hockey league. It still counts for something.Alexander Ovechkin would get special treatment for example.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Maybe nobody but her and the Russians know for sure, but being raised and trained that everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a fair, impartial court, for which the Russians neither practice and are not known to have, I'll place the burden of proof on them.

I'm more than willing to believe that Putin is the devil and that you can't trust the Russians. History and current affairs lends this credence.

I don't know all the particulars of the case but, based on what has been posted, in my jurisdiction this could very well be a minor misdemeanor subject to a citation and a fine, if that. Having been a felony investigator and not a narc I wouldn't even waste my time with it. I doubt there would have been this much umbrage if it weren't for the politician involved and this person's position and lifestyle. It's about as minimal a drug or smuggling crime as you could get, anywhere. If in fact it actually occurred as the commies Russians say.

The seriousness of this crime in any jurisdiction, other than Russia is irrelevant. The original news story linked in the OP stated that, "According to Russian authorities, Griner could face anywhere between 5-10 years if found guilty."

Trust me, if she was innocent, being framed, and/or wrongfully accused, we'd of heard about it! She's Gay, AND Black, (And she hates AMERICA!), so it would likely be the top news story of the day! Not 'SheJac', her attorney, her 'wife' or ANYONE else speaking out on her behalf has even hinted that she's innocent...NOBODY!

ANYONE that cannot see this reality is in denial!

Live Free or Die!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
With endorsements and bonuses she makes 1.3 million. She didn’t go over there to be able to put food on the table she went over there to make another million which is fine but they are framing it like she can’t make a living in the U.S.

They should all be glad the NBA subsidizes their league to the tune of 10 million per year.

All about that celebrity-glam life.

Gotta keep up with the boy's you know, the patriarchy is keeping her down Roll Eyes

Posts: 14552 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If you want to see some interesting numbers, google “percent of professional athletes that use marijuana”. Here is a sobering article.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/536254002

Personally, I have no doubt that she was in possession of a controlled substance that here in the US is laughably ignored for the beautiful people on a regular basis, but for which even a tiny amount lands you in very hot water in a country with zero tolerance.

Again, I have no sympathy for this dumb bitch. None. She arrogantly brought something forbidden into the forbidden zone.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is certainly possible, but I still have the feeling she had some weed.

If the Russians set her up for bogus charges, then I'll go with SheJack to demand her release, but I don't think it is the case.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, Britt, you America-hating bitch

Brittney Griner's Russia detention extended until May 19

WNBA champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist Brittney Griner will continue to be held in Russia for at least two more months as an investigation into drug allegations continues, according to a report.

Russian news agency TASS reported Thursday that a petition to extend the detention of the 31-year-old All Star until May 19 was granted by a court in Moscow.

"The court granted the petition of the investigation and extended the term of detention of US citizen Griner until May 19," the report said, citing the court’s decision.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post