SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know. It seems pretty simple to me.

If he can do something, she wants him to do something, so, he should go ahead and do it. Makes sense.

Yep

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
One pertinent item that I’ve never seen is how many vape cartridges she had. It’s always stated as plural but never seen an actual number. Anybody know?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Griner, who is 6-foot-9, has complained about the jail cell's beds being too small for her, per the TASS report.
Awww, no 5 star accommodations. Roll Eyes

Hmmm, Biden and crew are doing they're level best to destroy Russia in every way they can think off, and Russia is supposed to turn this dipshit loose because Joey demands they do. Russia aught to demand the US butt out of Ukraine and be done with this nonsense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
She's the victim of a 'war crime', I tell ya'! Maybe 'SheJac' and POTATUS should demand that they move her trial to the Hague... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
One thing I notice is nobody has ever claimed she was innocent or framed. She should just be let go.

You are stupid, and you won the stupid prize. Don't smuggle weed oil in Russia.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Consequences. You can control your choices but not the consequences. Some people never accept this basic simple truth.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah I disagree. The MSM has characterized it as an illegal detainment many times. So she didn’t have marijuana vape cartridges on her then while passing through another country? Hmmm

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There have no been any denials that I have heard.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh for goodness sake.

“Brittney Griner ‘wrongfully detained,’ U.S. says, signaling strategy shift”

Simple Google search. First result that came up. Among dozens. Washington Post. Does that count?

Wrongfully detained means that detaining her was an incorrect action. If you literally have drugs then it’s not “wrongful” to detain you. That is a back door denial if I ever saw one.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Wrongfully detained means that detaining her was an incorrect action. If you literally have drugs then it’s not “wrongful” to detain you.
It is if you disagree with it. That's how the left rolls these days. Not on any grounds of logic or rationality, but on wants and "feels".

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Oh for goodness sake.

“Brittney Griner ‘wrongfully detained,’ U.S. says, signaling strategy shift”

Simple Google search. First result that came up. Among dozens. Washington Post. Does that count?

Wrongfully detained means that detaining her was an incorrect action. If you literally have drugs then it’s not “wrongful” to detain you. That is a back door denial if I ever saw one.

Did you read the article, or just the headline? They never say she's innocent, or give any detail on why the govt feels its "wrongful"

They don't say they feel she was set up or framed, just that there is "something wrong" with the case. That could just be a legal technicality.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve read a bunch of these articles hence my original post. Sure, saying “wrongful detention” can legally be twisted in many ways I suppose. The most straight forward way is claiming that the detention is on faulty grounds, ie she is innocent of what she is accused of. We can all play the mental masturbation of what if, but the reality is the term in its simplest guise means the US govt is saying she was detained originally incorrectly or “wrongfully”. Which implies she was not guilty as charged.

Of course she is guilty but you can’t say that and try to get her back. So you play word games and negotiate. The clear implication of the US govt stance was that she is the victim here, she was wronged. If you read that differently then we will just have to disagree.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Brittney Griner's imprisonment has been extended again — and experts say her hearing 'will never happen' Big Grin

The third extension of her detention. I guess Black Privilege don't work too good in Russia Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^ Just to get the quote out there:
"That's a shame"-Jerry Seinfeld

And maybe BLM needs to go march over there, relentlessly, for years.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the fellow biker who took a loaded hand gun into Mexico, some years ago.

I believe he's still in a Mexican jail.

Where is Sheila when you need her?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Brittney Griner's imprisonment has been extended again — and experts say her hearing 'will never happen' Big Grin

The third extension of her detention. I guess Black Privilege don't work too good in Russia Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

And maybe BLM needs to go march over there, relentlessly, for years.

Yeah, Soros needs to get those fuckers over to the Kremlin to tear shit up Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever Ivan wants to do to her, I’m fine with it. Suffer you America hating bitch & the rest of your ilk as well!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Smart people when traveling to questionable foreign country's should have a light go off in there head and go far out of their way to not carry with them anything that could possibly be construed as questionable. I'd have certified documentation from my doctors on any prescription drugs I needed to bring, wouldn't carry even a nail clipper, no questionable literature, no cigarettes, pipes and surely no rolling papers and not even a dildo, just to name a few Sorry, it's not this good olé USA where indiscretions are forgiven.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Right. You gotta get your dildo after you get there.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post