SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Brittney Griner's imprisonment has been extended again — and experts say her hearing 'will never happen' Big Grin

The third extension of her detention. I guess Black Privilege don't work too good in Russia Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
She picked a bad time to be incarcerated as an American in Russia. Imagine it really doesn't matter over there if you are guilty or not especially since the war started.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wish all the America hating athletes would meet this same fate.

Talking to guys who have completed SERE training, when the exercise ends, they play the national anthem and guys start bawling.

People here in America have no idea how good we have it until they have been fully immersed in a shit hole country.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Putin will do us a favor and take SheJack and Maxine Waters off our hands.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have no sympathy for her, as she knew or should have known what getting caught with weed could mean.

This does not mean I admire the Russian justice system, which can hold her indefinitely without trial, and deny her all sorts of guarantees we think are important.

Also, she inadvertantly picked a bad time to get scooped up, since the Russians are not in a cooperative mood at the moment.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sorry but if you don’t want to be subject to the Russian Justice system

1. Don’t go to Russia.

2. Don’t break the law in Russia.

3. Don’t think that because you’re in a protected class in the United States it means anything to Russia.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hope this America-hating bitch spends the rest of her life rotting in a Russian prison.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Talking to guys who have completed SERE training, when the exercise ends, they play the national anthem and guys start bawling.

Yep. It was a very emotional moment for me when they raised the US flag over the compound.

As for this bitch, if she ever comes back to the US it will be too soon.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6727 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I wonder if by contrast those disrespectful kneeling athletes appreciate the United States a little more. By the time this privileged chick gets out, her sports career will likely be over and her wife will have moved on. I hope the high was worth it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Do they paly bassetball in Russian women's prison?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I guess Shiela doesn’t have the juice to get this baller out.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I guess Shiela doesn’t have the juice to get this baller out.

Sheila doesn't have the juice to get an upgrade to business class on United, although she regularly goes off on all sorts of what she thinks are lesser humans who don't give her what she wants.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, Britt- looks like your mellow has been harshed.

Brittney Griner appears in Russian courtroom, criminal trial date set

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dang, Britt- looks like your mellow has been harshed.

Brittney Griner appears in Russian courtroom, criminal trial date set

Where exactly were the drugs hidden?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
It's Russia, she can just use some of her pro basketball money to bribe her way out.,.

oh wait, no one watches the WNBA. Maybe the judge will accept a bribe payment plan. Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
This action is only one of the very few from Putin’s Russia that I can applaud. They are more than welcome to keep her and send her to the Siberian gulags.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

"Griner was seen being led into court with handcuffs. The 6-foot-9 Phoenix Mercury center was wearing glasses and a gray T-shirt as she received word about the trial date."

I bet that shorter female policeperson felt kind of odd handcuffed to that tall female prisonerperson.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
They are more than welcome to keep her and send her to the Siberian gulags.

If it's any indication, my high school classmate Marc Fogel was recently sentenced to 14 years in a Russian penal colony after being convicted on charges of large scale drug smuggling. Fogel, a former US Embassy employee in Moscow, was detained in August 2021 after Sheremetyevo airport authorities discovered 17 grams of cannabis in his luggage. Though he argued the substance was prescribed by a doctor in the US, the attached BBC article indicates he plead guilty to the charges. Remember kids, "When you're busted for drugs over there, you're in for the hassle of your life."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61849579

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember Lori Berenson back in the late 1990s? U.S. Citizen and social activist who was sleeping with a Tupac Amaru commander in Peru and was sentenced by a Peruvian terrorism court to life.

She did ultimately get an early humanitarian release (around 10 years later, maybe?) but did probably three times as much time as she needed to at Yanamayo Prison (an exceptionally unpleasant high-altitude Andean place for terrorists) mostly because people couldn't keep their cake-holes shut about her "wrongful conviction" and "inhumane detention" and forced the Peruvians to double down. Among them were key U.S. political street hustlers and the idiot's bigger-idiot parents.

No? Don't remember that? Apparently neither do the the State Department, WNBA, or Sheila Lee Jackson.

Tell sovereign countries that your U.S. constituent should get special attention, and they probably will... just not the kind you're hoping for.

Posts: 2464 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
handcuffed to that tall female

That seems to be a relatively common practice outside the US, and it always makes me cringe a little when I see it. I believe it’s been pretty much abandoned in this country.
I wonder why it persists abroad. Do prisoners there know better than to do something like assault the guard they’re handcuffed to, or even resist?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post