SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1747 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So that most recent juror question to the judge may really support an amended motion. Asking the judge if they should watch videos in private or in the courtroom makes me scratch my head and wonder if people are doing extracurricular research.

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Some idiot is walking back and forth in front of the courthouse (he was there all day yesterday too) waving a black liberation flag. Somebody really should tell him that not one person involved in this trial is black.

Posts: 20212 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
So the 3 people who were shot were all career dirtbags and now if we believe reports jump kick man is a career dirtbag.
Shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Not (to me at least) as shocking as the number of "Brady" violations of law (requiring release of potentially exculpatory evidence to the Defense) have been committed by the Prosecution in this case. IMHO, the Prosecution doesn't have a problem violating these laws, because they'd rather see their case dismissed at trial or upon appeal, so they can blame judges for their own wrongdoing (rather than blame the jury after a "Not Guilty" verdict).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10223 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Some idiot is walking back and forth in front of the courthouse (he was there all day yesterday too) waving a black liberation flag. Somebody really should tell him that not one person involved in this trial is black.

Probably wouldn't matter. Critical, or even rational, thinking is not the leftist's forté.

In a... discussion, for lack of a better word, with a leftist on another forum, he's asserting there's some sort of conspiracy to make Biden look bad by, among other, unspecified things, trying to make "the war on Covid" fail and by purposely damaging the economy

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This trial should never have been held in Kenosha. The fact that jurors will hear protesters outside the courtroom, is just the most recent reason for a mistrial (with prejudice).

Posts: 13381 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Gee are they building random things in Kenosha? Piles of bricks stacked all around.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It's pure intimidation .

Posts: 4117 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Gee are they building random things in Kenosha? Piles of bricks stacked all around.... Roll Eyes

Just like what showed up on strategically-placed street corners and alleys here in Dallas when the riots —- I mean “mostly peaceful protests —- took place.

Terrorists, plain and simple.

Posts: 4524 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I wish Kyle had the Barnes guy on the Rekieta stream. They are hammering his defense team and sound spot on.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

Sounds like a job for the Kenosha DPW, a flat-bed, and a fork lift Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
FWIW Robert Barnes believes there are 4 people on the jury arguing against acquittal.

Don't ask me how he knows. He has said these people should have been spotted in jury selection. He also says they are wearing masks. (and I think wore masks during the trial)

This issue w the defense getting the low resolution video is causing a major issue.

The judge should NEVER have let the fuzzy picture be shown to the jury.

Robert Barnes also suggesting some of the videos may be from the federal govt. Note the prosecutors aren't saying who controlled the drones and gave them the videos.

Barnes explained he did polling about possible jurors. He said they found that 1 out of 3, or 1 out of 4, potential jurors would be holdouts and fight acquitting Kyle.
He shared this w Kyle's lawyers.

adding:

I really don't like this judge. He is enabling these prosecutors to frame Kyle

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
That kid's attorney sucks. The judge seemed pissed and he let the DA off the ropes.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
In a trial that involves issues that are intrinsically political in nature, I just don’t know how a completely impartial jury could be convened. Someone on that jury is almost surely a leftist who has been brainwashed to believe guns are for cops, AR’s are weapons of war Roll Eyes and protesters, aka rioters, are inherently virtuous.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else wondering/thinking if these piles or paletts of bricks might be placed somewhere near jurors houses or there family members houses?

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Not really. He's letting the DA's office bury themselves. He's acknowledged that the prosecution is in a precarious position.

I do agree that the defense should be pushing for a mistrial based on getting the wrong evidence. If it was malicious, a lot of people are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Kraus has already tried to throw Binger under the bus.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
This will end up in the judge’s hands… Exactly where he doesn’t want it.

Hopefully he’s holding that motion just for that circumstance and we get dismissed with prejudice.

Glad I no longer live within 1000 miles of that area. Sausage, cheese and beer tho … Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
To be too simple, some on the jury may be worried about lethal(?) threats if they vote to acquit a guy on trial for defending himself against lethal threats?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8403 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The defense is pushing for a mistrial based on not receiving the best video. It was posted on page 49 of this thread.

Posts: 11171 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad I no longer live within 1000 miles of that area. Sausage, cheese and beer tho …

^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah I was looking at the shitty Fall weather. Leaves all off the trees and rain. Enjoying sunshine and 80 degrees. People in coats and hats.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post