SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
One thing that bothers me, with all of the money that was donated - this is the best defense team KR could come up with ?
They should have had SD and gun experts lined up out the door
Attorney doesn’t seem like much of a “closer” to me either

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Clarence Darrow and Johnnie Cochran are not available. These are Wisconsin attorneys who are familiar with the culture,the Judge and the DA. Gun experts and SD experts can be real snoozers and frankly not too helpful.

Besides securing local attorneys familiar with the court, there was pressure from various legal groups in an attempt to create an environment of a toxic case, on firms to not represent Rittenhouse

Posts: 14803 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you frequently object, and the judge denies it, then I can see how you could come off as a jerk. From what I've seen, a lot of attorneys and others in the legal field are puzzled why the defense allowed the prosecution to present so much questionable material and do questionable things that the should have been raised for objection.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you are a member of the Jury you probably want to go home as soon as possible. Many of the sustained objections have to do with arcane points of law that do not matter to the Jury. Likeablity in addition to facts counts for a lot. There was a civil attorney in Texas who started his opening arguments by telling the Jury that his presentation would be a lot of fun. They liked that.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’ll make a fair size wager that the judge is holding the motion in case there isn’t an acquittal. At that time he will rule favorably for KR with prejudice.

That’s my bet, I think I can see it in the man’s discussions and eyes.

He doesn’t want to be countermanded on an appeal.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
If you are a member of the Jury you probably want to go home as soon as possible. Many of the sustained objections have to do with arcane points of law that do not matter to the Jury.

Conversely, there were many times the prosecution was clearly testifying, other times they were clearly badgering the witness, and, IIRC, a couple times I found myself thinking "Objection. ​Asked and answered."

At one point I recall the prosecutor demanding of Kyle why he was looking at his defense counsel and I thought "Maybe because he's wondering if they're awake?"

IANAL.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Can the lawyers here please explain why the Judge has not ruled on the defenses 2 motions for mistrial?

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
Can the lawyers here please explain why the Judge has not ruled on the defenses 2 motions for mistrial?
IANAL, but the judge stated yesterday that he would not rule on them until after the jury had a chance to rule. Basically he's a bit chickenshit (probably worried about media backlash) and is hoping the jury will make his life easier.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6252 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
IANAL, but the judge stated yesterday that he would not rule on them until after the jury had a chance to rule. Basically he's a bit chickenshit (probably worried about media backlash) and is hoping the jury will make his life easier.

I think perhaps he’d just rather a jury come to the right decision because that’s the way it is supposed to happen. It largely avoids the “biased judge didn’t let the legal process play out” complaints.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
quote:

I think perhaps he’d just rather a jury come to the right decision because that’s the way it is supposed to happen. It largely avoids the “biased judge didn’t let the legal process play out” complaints.

Agreed. It would be foolish to do otherwise.

He’s literally sitting on a powder keg that’s going to burn the city if KR gets a fair and just trial.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think perhaps he’d just rather a jury come to the right decision because that’s the way it is supposed to happen. It largely avoids the “biased judge didn’t let the legal process play out” complaints media fueled riots.

FIFY.

Oh wait, what world am I living in again BWAHAHAHAHA

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14068 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The consensus on the Rekieta Law feed, is that there are already plenty of grounds for a mistrial, thus this shouldn't even truly be in juries hands. BUT it is what it is, and we are where we are.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6252 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

I think perhaps he’d just rather a jury come to the right decision because that’s the way it is supposed to happen. It largely avoids the “biased judge didn’t let the legal process play out” complaints media fueled riots.

FIFY.

Oh wait, what world am I living in again BWAHAHAHAHA

They’re gonna riot no matter what. Rioters riot, they don’t need a reason.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The consensus on the Rekieta Law feed, is that there are already plenty of grounds for a mistrial, thus this shouldn't even truly be in juries hands. BUT it is what it is, and we are where we are.

I have been watching them too. Andrew Branca is great. wish he was representing Kyle.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is almost encouraging. If the judge grants the motion before a verdict, we do this all over again. If the jury acquits, the motion is withdrawn. If the jury convicts, maybe the judge grants the motion and we do this all over again.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
MSNBC JUST GOT BANNED FROM THE COURTROOM WHEN PROCEEDINGS RESUME

Posts: 4526 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
MSNBC JUST GOT BANNED FROM THE COURTROOM WHEN PROCEEDINGS RESUME

Why?

Posts: 32661 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Details??

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
They had a guy following the jury bus. He got pulled over for running a red light & fessed up. Not too smart of them, if he really works for them.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5494 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Followup:

A person claiming to be from MSNBC was stopped last night for following the jury's bus as it was going to their sequestration site. He said he was doing it under orders from someone above him at MSNBC. The network denies knowing the person who was following the bus or the person he named as his supervisor.

HA!!!!

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The judge just made that statement from the bench live on TV.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Followup:

A person claiming to be from MSNBC was stopped last night for following the jury's bus as it was going to their sequestration site. He said he was doing it under orders from someone above him at MSNBC. The network denies knowing the person who was following the bus or the person he named as his supervisor.

HA!!!!

The MSNBC guy at the network sound like he's following the lead of the two Indian guys that owned the car lot.
If you watched their testimony, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Posts: 9654 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post