SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Seems as though there’s a common thread that runs through all of those that Rittenhouse encountered that night; all have, or had, extensive criminal records.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess it's difficult to find rioters with a clean record.

Ever notice that those who protest against the police are highly likely to be those who have committed crimes and been arrested by the police?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Kyle's nickname should be The Janitor. All he was doing that night was taking out the trash.

This is a cut and dry case of Good vs Evil, at every step of the way up to the present moment.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30578 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Kyle's nickname should be The Janitor. All he was doing that night was taking out the trash.

This is a cut and dry case of Good vs Evil, at every step of the way up to the present moment.

Day 3 of the most open and shut case in history...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24284 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is one of the clearest videos I have seen. there are some pauses and a short section seems to be missing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLlUVxVLiLU

How many of us think we could have survived what Kyle Rittenhouse went thru that night ?

Shooting only at the 4 most aggressive/imminent attackers and not shooting any one else.

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
here is one of the clearest videos I have seen. there are some pauses and a short section seems to be missing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLlUVxVLiLU

How many of us think we could have survived what Kyle Rittenhouse went thru that night ?

Shooting only at the 4 most aggressive/imminent attackers and not shooting any one else.

I would agree he shot most of the correct people.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Andrew Branca, defense expert at legalinsurrection.com, thinks the foreman is holding out against acquittal.

Posts: 18187 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who knows. Attorneys are obsessed with reading juries. I have seen some take notes of various jury members and their body language to try and predict how they will vote. I have sat with attorneys trying to predict how long the jury will be out and the possible outcome. We will see.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Andrew Branca, defense expert at legalinsurrection.com, thinks the foreman is holding out against acquittal.
'If' that's true (and none of us have a clue what the jury is up to right now), I'd just love to hear the justification anyone on that jury would give for a guilty verdict.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The wife of the “Drop Kick Man” has some comments

“ Melody Price Freeland, the soon-to-be ex-wife of Maurice Freeland – the Kenosha felon who is suspected of being “Jump Kick Man” in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial – claimed to Wisconsin Right Now in an exclusive interview that Maurice allegedly told her right after the shooting occurred, “You’re not going to believe what just happened; I almost got shot by a dude.”

“He was all proud of it. He was all excited and happy,” said Melody, the mother of Maurice’s 7-year-old child, in exclusive interviews with Wisconsin Right Now on Nov. 17-18. She said she was speaking out because she believes what he did was “wrong” and all facts should be known about the case.

Melody’s adult daughter, Jessica Ramirez, backed her up on this point. “The picture was all over Facebook. He bragged all over Facebook that he was the one who kicked Kyle. It’s definitely him.” (There’s not much visible to non-friends on his pages now.) Both Melody and Ramirez said they recognize the clothing he wore in the photo too.

Melody provided new alleged details that, while unproven, seem like something the prosecution would want to vet and either debunk or verify: most dramatically, she alleged to Wisconsin Right Now that Maurice posted on Facebook shortly before the shooting, writing, as she recalled it, “@Team Reese, let’s kill that white boy” with emojis of a gun and coffin. Maurice Freeland’s nickname is Reese, which is verified by his Facebook pages. She could not provide rock-solid proof of this, however, beyond her memory.

We spoke with Melody twice by phone and then met with her in person at her home in Kenosha, not far from where the jury continued to deliberate charges, including one charge accusing Rittenhouse of recklessly endangered the safety of the man both prosecutors and defense said was unknown and called “Jump Kick Man.”

Yet, we’ve learned that people close to Freeland widely believed he was Jump Kick Man right after the shooting happened, and it was discussed openly on Facebook. We heard that from four people who know him. Melody says the police and prosecutors never bothered to talk to her, even though she is the mother of his child and still his wife. Minimally, it raises questions of how thorough the police investigation was (remember they missed half of the ballistics evidence in the Joseph Rosenbaum shooting).

Wouldn’t it be important to vet such a key player? “Jump Kick Man” delivered quite a kick to Rittenhouse. This is on video. He was the second person Rittenhouse shot at and the first after Rittenhouse fell in the street; Rittenhouse, then 17, shot Anthony Huber and Gaige Grosskreutz seconds later.

There’s no doubt that Jump Kick Man was attacking Rittenhouse, but prosecutors and the defense attorneys disagree over whether Rittenhouse had the legal right to use self-defense. It seemed bizarre from the start that this man was still “unknown” and instead gifted with a colorful nickname in court in such a contentious and important trial.

Even the judge referred to him as “Jump Kick Man” and the jury instructions say he’s an unknown man. The criminal complaint against Rittenhouse did too. It’s even more bizarre now.

When did prosecutors learn Maurice claimed to be Jump Kick Man? That remains unclear. We now have three sources in a position to know, however, who confirm that prosecutors told the defense only last Thursday, November 11, 2021, on the day testimony closed. They said that Maurice James Freeland, 39, of Kenosha, had come forward claiming he was Jump Kick Man; it’s not clear when he first came forward, and Melody did not know.

He wanted immunity for pending charges (OWI, with a passenger under age 16; disorderly conduct with a domestic abuse modifier; and THC possession), the sources said (Melody says the OWI involves their young son). Prosecutors did not grant the immunity request, and he was never called to testify by either side. They’ve described Jump Kick Man and the others as heroic figures who intervened after Rittenhouse shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum, who was chasing him into a corner of a car lot.

Melody had some dramatic claims.

Asked whether she knew if the white boy comment referred to Rittenhouse, she said, “I don’t, to be honest.” But she said a “half-hour after he said it,” he was allegedly kicking Rittenhouse.

Melody also claims that Maurice expressed that he was upset about white men with rifles earlier that night. She says he later deleted the message and that they also spoke by phone that night.

Facebook generally wants law enforcement to act fast when making subpoena requests. Clearly, if such a statement were actually made, it would upend the narrative that Rittenhouse was the “racist” attacker; the defense is already arguing that the first man shot (and killed), Joseph Rosenbaum had made two threats to kill Rittenhouse. Prosecutors say they don’t believe that.

Her old phone was sitting on the counter but was spidered and almost unusable. She wasn’t able to produce many messages from Maurice on her other phone, whom she doesn’t seem very close to anymore and doesn’t have a positive opinion of.

That’s my husband in those pictures,” Melody said emphatically of the Jump Kick Man photos (she and Maurice have a pending divorce, but it hasn’t gone through yet. He appeared at one October hearing from the Kenosha jail, but the jail says he was released Oct. 24.)

“He was proud of it. I’m surprised he didn’t frame it.”

Asked if she had any doubts he was Jump Kick Man, she said, “None at all. I bought the Levis he has on his as*. He is wearing North Face or the Polo that my son got him prior to that. My son got the matching one. That is Maurice, hands down.”

Perhaps, as with Joshua Ziminski, neither side thought he would be helpful enough to them; however, Rittenhouse is facing 17.5 years in prison on the charge of first-degree recklessly endangering safety in the shooting of Jump Kick Man (he missed); jurors were told throughout the trial and again in instructions that he was “unknown” and not identified. What if he had video?

What if police recovered the message “@Team Reese, let’s kill that white boy” and showed it was posted a half-hour before the shooting? How might that have changed the narrative?

Is it possible the police and state had immediately made up their minds that Rittenhouse was the bad guy and the other men involved his victims, and thus not worthy of extensive scrutiny, despite their lengthy criminal histories in some cases (true also of Maurice) and behavior toward the defendant (attacking and/or chasing him on video in some cases)?

https://www.wisconsinrightnow....an-maurice-freeland/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Is it possible the police and state had immediately made up their minds that Rittenhouse was the bad guy and the other men involved his victims, and thus not worthy of extensive scrutiny, despite their lengthy criminal histories in some cases (true also of Maurice) and behavior toward the defendant (attacking and/or chasing him on video in some cases)?
Yes, it is quite possible, and (IMO) likely that some agencies (especially the MSM) did so..

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Not allowing juries to know the backgrounds of people is a major problem in my opinion.

The arguments that background is not material to the case at hand seem inconsistent w the vast majority of cases that get publicized.

Criminals w long rap sheets exhibit the same behavior over and over.

Keeping the info from the jurors allows prosecutors to call these thugs "heroes"

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have breakfast with 5-7 Kenosha coppers every other Friday. A few are big bosses in the KPD. Every single one of them support Kyle.

Posts: 5767 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Then why didn’t they tell the DA to go fuck himself and not arrest Kyle?

Posts: 10002 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not allowing juries to know the backgrounds of people is a major problem in my opinion.

The arguments that background is not material to the case at hand seem inconsistent w the vast majority of cases that get publicized.

Keeping the info from the jurors allows prosecutors to call these thugs "heroes"

Absolutely! The offence is allowed to inform the jurors of everything Kyle did or said from DNA to this mornings breakfast, but the defense can't bring up the endless cycle of criminal behaviour of his assailants.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
For example, for my wife and her two sisters, deciding what to have for lunch begins before breakfast.

This is completely different. Did anyone here have any doubt about this case when we first saw the videos in August 2020?

What we see and what the jurors see are two different things. The jurors are only allowed to make their decision based on what was presented during the trial.

Heading into day 5 though, I have a hard time believing the jury hasn’t had enough time to carefully consider the evidence, charges, self-defense claim, and come to the conclusion that the prosecutor has not proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Kyle did not act in self-defense.

If you can’t come to a conclusion in 4 days, then reasonable doubt must exist. I believe at least one juror has dug their heals in. I think if the jury were split close to evenly, we’d be hearing about a hung jury. With 1 or 2 holdouts, the others may be holding onto hope of changing their minds.

To me, the case hinges on whether or not his self-defense claim against the killing of the first guy holds up, which I believe it does, but I’m not on the jury.

Posts: 11177 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Pictures, video, facial recognition technology, witnesses, and you're trying to tell me they just now identified Jump Kick Man? GMAFB!

They didn't want him identified, same as they didn't want the One Armed Bandit's phone searched.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
So they DA knew the ID of the man that KR supposedly "recklessly endangered" by shooting at him ...after he kicked KR in the face and they did not report that to the defense...

Hmmm seeing a pattern here....I hope the defense attorneys finally grow a pair an insist on a mistrial WITH perjury

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Shame ol Reese didn’t catch a 5.56, worthless felon thug.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe at least one juror has dug their heals in. I think if the jury were split close to evenly, we’d be hearing about a hung jury. With 1 or 2 holdouts, the others may be holding onto hope of changing their minds.

Stunningly the jury is entering day #4 of deliberations. However, ground reports from last evening highlight a possibility the jury is split 6-6 in their deliberations [SEE VIDEO].

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24284 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, I think the system has this right. The background should matter, and I believe does, when it comes to sentencing, but the actions during the incident in question are all that should matter when deliberating.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post