SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Fox News has announced that Kyle will be on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' Monday for his first interview since the trial. I'm certainly not missing that.

Jim

Apparently Carlson had a film crew with Kyle during the trial. Being allowed in his hotel room etc. Daily Mail reported Kyle's attorney threw the crew out of the room several times. Imo Tucker is pushing it here and he knows it. I'm surprised the attorney or Kyle would even allow it in the first place. I hope Kyle knows enough to avoid the spot light but so far he has not shown to have that judgement.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8546 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The kid probably needs money.

Interviews ought to bring some in.

Not that I think it's very wise, but it pays, and now is his 15min to cash in.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to be after a trail, the losing side would say something like "The people have spoken".

Now it's "The system is broke".

Posts: 7025 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
They say Gaige Grosskreutz is not a felon.
However he does have a good list of criminal activity.

Link

I believe that Gaige’s concealed permit was not expired, but revoked for misdemeanor intoxicated use of a firearm.

Gaige, a Paramedic played Policeman, running after Kyle instead of running toward the injured Rosenbaum to render aid.

Gaige chased Kyle down while drawing his illegally carried, concealed Glock 27.
Gaige then attempted to shoot Kyle, before being shot in self defense by Kyle.
Gaige lied on the Police report stating that he dropped his illegally carried weapon while running after Kyle.

To me it seems, Gaige Grosskreutz should have been the one on trial for attempted murder, illegally carrying a concealed gun, and lying on a police report.

IIRC mc lefty shares the same name with another shit bag who is a felon. Both being shitbags with the same ne you can see how people were confused.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The kid probably needs money.

Interviews ought to bring some in.

Not that I think it's very wise, but it pays, and now is his 15min to cash in.

And that’s a valid point.

I just hope he’s getting counsel from someone wise enough to give it, and with his best interest at heart.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15260 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
He's not a minor, now, but I think he'd do well to have an attorney with him if he gives an interview on TV.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's so 'Merica.

I nearly cackled, laughing, just now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Would you want to prosecute the case? I wouldn't, it was all caught on tape with witnesses. Everyone who cared to watch the videos knew exactly what happened.

It should've never come to this and it's making me re-evaluate the death penalty. Incredibly weak case yet it still made it to a jury which took took three days to arrive at a verdict. What if the DA had been pressing for the needle? What if the jury decided that, yeah it sucks for Kyle, but he's one guy and we need to consider what might take place if the mob doesn't get what they want?

We increasingly have a justice system that is beholden to the mob which dictates who gets the book thrown at them and who gets off based upon the preferred political narrative.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
From the 'Babylon Bee'... Wink

Rittenhouse, Sandmann Agree To Share Joint Custody Of CNN
November 19th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

ATLANTA, GA—With Rittenhouse found "not guilty", media outlets across the country are preparing for costly defamation lawsuits after a year of calling him a white supremacist.

With CNN already half-owned by Nick Sandmann, the famous fake news organization will soon be giving the other half of its ownership over to Kyle Rittenhouse. The two have agreed to share joint custody.

"We would like to announce that our clients have come to an agreement to share custody of CNN," said Sandman and Rittenhouse's legal teams. "Sandmann will have custody on weekdays, with custody transferring over to Rittenhouse on holidays and weekends."

After the announcement, Rittenhouse began weeping upon realizing he was now a multimillionaire, while Sandmann smirked like a big MAGA hat-wearing jerkface.

Neither party has decided what to do with Brian Stelter, who may have to be put up for adoption.

https://babylonbee.com/news/ri...joint-custody-of-cnn

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9031 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
From the 'Babylon Bee'... Wink

Rittenhouse, Sandmann Agree To Share Joint Custody Of CNN
November 19th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

ATLANTA, GA—With Rittenhouse found "not guilty", media outlets across the country are preparing for costly defamation lawsuits after a year of calling him a white supremacist.

With CNN already half-owned by Nick Sandmann, the famous fake news organization will soon be giving the other half of its ownership over to Kyle Rittenhouse. The two have agreed to share joint custody.

"We would like to announce that our clients have come to an agreement to share custody of CNN," said Sandman and Rittenhouse's legal teams. "Sandmann will have custody on weekdays, with custody transferring over to Rittenhouse on holidays and weekends."

After the announcement, Rittenhouse began weeping upon realizing he was now a multimillionaire, while Sandmann smirked like a big MAGA hat-wearing jerkface.

Neither party has decided what to do with Brian Stelter, who may have to be put up for adoption.

https://babylonbee.com/news/ri...joint-custody-of-cnn

They might have joint custody but neither wants visitation. Smile

Posts: 7025 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Straw purchase? Depends on what the definition of "is" is. Smile

There doesn't appear to be much there other than the testimony of the defendant(s).

Posts: 1353 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3965 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
For anyone familiar with the “straw”* purchase issue, is there any guidance from the ATF or case law that defines how long a gun must be held by a purchaser before he can transfer it to someone else and not be accused of that crime?
“I’d like to buy you a gun, but it’s simpler if I just give you the money to buy it yourself. If you ever decide to get rid of it, though, please let me have it.” Is that a crime?
How about, “I bought this gun two weeks ago, but my friend has been looking for one and he just turned old enough to own it, so I sold it to him”?

* And any idea where that term came from? At one time I heard that it was originally “straw man” purchase, but that didn’t make any sense either as it relates to the original use of the term as a logical fallacy.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47439 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
A straw scarecrow, which acts as a stand-in for the farmer when it's time to scare off the crows and other birds eating the crop?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"I don’t want to live in a community that builds statues to George Floyd. I want to live in a community that builds statues to Kyle Rittenhouse."

Signed,
An American.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

any idea where that term came from?
The word “straw” is used when describing these purchases because it refers to a scarecrow, which is made of straw. A scarecrow is considered a fake man. Similarly, a “straw” buyer is considered a fake person because he/she is faking to be the actual person that will use a good or service being bought.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30802 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
regarding form 4473 question 21a

This is part of the form:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/d...-form-53009/download

Posts: 19627 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
First, I’m happy that Kyle was found not guilty. He seems like a genuinely good kid. You can tell he will have some emotional issues but to me he seems the type to be able to work through them and put them behind them. I wish him the best in wherever his life leads him.

Second, I’d like to thank the jury. They did what was right and what was required even though they were under amazing pressure. I have next to zero faith in law at the federal level but these people gave me hope that some still take our system of justice to heart. That is REALLY good to see.

Stay safe young man. You did nothing wrong.

Now, it’s Saturday night so I’m gonna pour myself a short glass of Rye and enjoy an amazing ballad about a young man who triumphed over evil.

The Kenosha Kid

(Turn up the volume and sing along Big Grin )

In the town of old Kenosha marched some troubled rogues one day
Held hammers high above their heads and looking for a fray
No one dared to ask their business no one dared to make a din
Save for one young man among them with an AR on a sling
AR on a sling

In this town there were some outlaws bound to teachings of the Red
Many soy boys were among them as were trannies overfed
They were vicious prone to violence burning gas stations and more
And their leader rode a skateboard rolling swiftly on the floor
Swiftly on the floor

Now the young man started talkin’ made it plain to folks around
He was there to stop the mob from burning businesses to ground
Didn’t look like much the tough guy ‘cept for one important thing
And the thing of course an AR riding tautly on a sling
Tautly on a sling

Now the night was passing quickly as the mob moved wielding flame
And the youth called out to halt them as they spotted him as game
He was running down the pavement when a lout caused him to trip
And tempted the soy leader with a skateboard on his hip
Skateboard on his hip

It was over in a moment as the folks had gathered ‘round
The skater sought the rifle as the youth lay on the ground
Oh he might’ve went on livin’, but forgot one major thing
And he fell down shot dead by the kid with an AR on a sling
AR on a sling

AR, AR
He fell down shot dead by the kid with an AR on a sling
AR on a sling

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The Kenosha Kid

Wow! An excellent adaption.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47439 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post