SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The jury only need one to disagree to hang things up. Wisconsin is a state that votes both ways so it's likely, especially in a city, that there are a higher percentage of Democrat voters.
There are three individual shootings in this case. The George Zimmerman trial involved one and it took them two days to decide. The jurors must know that this high profile case is being closely watched and are probably being extra cautious to not appear hasty in their decision.

Posts: 9653 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23025 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Can we just stop the click bait reports and updates? There is no way a US Marshall had communications with two jurors on this case. Period. End of story. Arguendo, if it had happened, he/she would have reached out to the court and it would have come out in open court.

Finally, we do not know if the jury is deadlocked. Nobody does. If and until the judge issues an Allen charge, it is pure speculation about what is or is not happening on this claim. Period!

Posts: 12508 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kx192nLZUOI" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And how will a UNITED STATES DEPUTY MARSHAL know what is being discussed inside the jury room of a STATE OF WISCONSIN criminal case?

I don't disagree that there are likely jurors concerned about backlash, but that video isn't believable.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
now the judge is talking about the ceiling of the courtroom. 100 years old.

Hey judge, you are railroading an 18 yo kid. Get your head straight

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Who is he talking to about that?

Posts: 11170 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The O.J. jury acquitted him in four hours, and O.J. was practically covered in blood. This jury can't acquit in two days. It's a disgrace.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8232 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
The O.J. jury acquitted him in four hours, and O.J. was practically covered in blood. This jury can't acquit in two days. It's a disgrace.

It's pretty safe to guess there's not going to be a verdict. Going back for second trial I'm guessing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

It's pretty safe to guess there's not going to be a verdict. Going back for second trial I'm guessing.

No way there will be a 2nd trial.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

No way there will be a 2nd trial.

Why?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is too soon to call.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why?

Just my opinion.

If the Jury is in the end hopelessly deadlocked, can the Judge then decide to call a mistrial with prejudice citing the gross behavior of the prosecutors? I think he can and he will.

But just my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
To think that jurors may not acquit because they're afraid of riots breaking out in their city or afraid of personal retribution against them despite what they know to be the right decision is very frustrating. Of course I understand it. It occurred to me that such a person should realize that while their city was being burned to the ground, Kyle was one of the few people trying to defend it. This case has me so frustrated.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
To think that jurors may not acquit because they're afraid of riots breaking out in their city or afraid of personal retribution against them despite what they know to be the right decision is very frustrating. Of course I understand it. It occurred to me that such a person should realize that while their city was being burned to the ground, Kyle was one of the few people trying to defend it. This case has me so frustrated.

I can understand. From the beginning, I was willing to be on a jury except in cases involving gang members.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19796 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

I hope I am wrong but this judge doesn't have the courage to call mistrial w prejudice.

Kyle could use some best wishes and prayers.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
So much in play here. Not just Kyle's life and his righteous actions that night, but the right to defend oneself in the face of documented lethal threats. Not just for Kyle, I want an acquittal knowing BLM/Antifa will act out again. I want to believe the country is in no mood to tolerate these MFers any more. I want the Biden administration to have to deal with that crap squarely in its lap.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8403 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want the Biden administration to have to deal with that crap squarely in its lap.

I'm kinda surprised that Uncah Hoe hasn't done this already. It makes them look bad, not whoever the Reps run for Congress in '22 or President in '24.

Then again, I have yet to figure out why even Dem local governments would simply turn a blind eye to all that rioting.

Hell, I can't even figure out why the government of the city I live in has such a hard on for high murder and violent crime rates as well as turning the city into a shithole by insisting the homeless could camp out under freeways.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pushing and shoving thus far. Nothing too dramatic. Typical screaming when one is cuffed and put into the van.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I hope I am wrong but this judge doesn't have the courage to call mistrial w prejudice.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the defense even asked for that, which makes me wonder why.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6250 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Why?

Just my opinion.

If the Jury is in the end hopelessly deadlocked, can the Judge then decide to call a mistrial with prejudice citing the gross behavior of the prosecutors? I think he can and he will.

But just my opinion.

I don't know enough about law to say that won't happen, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm guessing there will be no unanimous verdict still.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis