SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You have a point.. As you might guess I am hoping for an acquittal so it fits that narrative.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
“We ready for change” chants from a group of Revcom (Revolutionary Communist Party) demonstrators outside the courthouse this afternoon

video at link

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheSce.../1460674160208883714

What a collection of losers

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Jury intimidation would be a perfect ending to this shitshow. Then they can burn it all down for their own actions. LoL

Where is my popcorn…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a collection of losers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very impressive demonstration. Hope it snows hard real soon.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it rioting season already? I still have my covid decorations up.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ Haaaaaa! Stolen.

Why are they going on about racism? The three assholes he shot were white.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
So if these 2 jurors still hold up tomorrow, jury foreman said they're hung. Can judge still declare mistrial with prejudice based on prosecutorial misconduct during trial?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I dont buy that. The Judge can order the jury to continue deliberations. Tomorrow is too soon. If they remained deadlocked I look to Judge Schroeder to issue an Allen charge.

The 6 alternates are still being retained in case someone calls in "sick". The judge would have no knowledge of what's going on in deliberations. I would assume that an inability to judge the case based on fact might get you dismissed.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
If anything like similar previous “high-profile” cases, there will be riots and destruction regardless of acquittal, mistrial, or guilty.

Only thing that will stop that behavior is if it is made obvious that it will no longer be tolerated.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
If anything like similar previous “high-profile” cases, there will be riots and destruction regardless of acquittal, mistrial, or guilty.

Only thing that will stop that behavior is if it is made obvious that it will no longer be tolerated.

It is, after all, Christmas shopping looting season.

Posts: 3456 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“We ready for change” ...

Will pennies on their eyes, suffice?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that they are deploying the MP unit within the Wisconsin National Guard. The MP unit from the Alabama National Guard was deployed with the riots up North last year because they were lacking MPs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
^ ^ ^ ^ Haaaaaa! Stolen.

Why are they going on about racism? The three assholes he shot were white.

Because Joe Biden called Rittenhouse a racist. That was Joe saying come on and riot cause we got your back, just like the Dems have done with Antifa and BLM. The last round of riots worked out well for the Democrats. I am sure they would love the distraction of new riots to take some heat off of inflation,shortages and their continuing incompetence .

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“We ready for change” ...

Will pennies on their eyes, suffice?

Small change is a good start.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Let’s hope the National Guard is ready to exercise a belt fed option. These cretin need to be put to sleep. True anti-American, leftist backed trash.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I never thought I'd be living in a Kafka novel.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, let's not do that.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
So do we start burning shit and rioting, or do we have to wait for tomorrow?

https://youtu.be/Z6qvbycZXKI

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I’m just fed up with this trash.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Two new issues being discussed, but I don't have a solid understanding yet

on p47 there is a post that jumpkick man offered to testify but prosecutors turned him down. If true, did prosecutors tell defense who jumpkick man is ?

Prosecutors sent a compressed version of the drone video to the defense but the prosecutors had a higher resolution version

Prosecutors in the Kenosha shooter trial withheld evidence from the defense that was 'at the center of their case,' only sharing the high-definition drone video footage on which they have hung their prosecution after the trial had concluded

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...vidence-defense.html

Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger played the enhanced drone footage to the jury during his closing statements and claimed that it showed Rittenhouse 'pointing his gun' at people – an assertion that opened the door to the state claiming Rittenhouse provoked the violence of the night of August 25, 2020.

Now, in the motion obtained by DailyMail.com, Rittenhouse's defense insist that the state only shared it with the defense after evidence had closed on Saturday November 13.

'During the jury instructions conference, the defense played their version of the video for the court to review. The state indicated their version was much clearer and had their tech person come into court to have the court review their clearer video. The video is the same, the resolution of that video, however, was not.'

In fact, the state did not provide the larger file until two days before closing arguments and after the evidence had been closed.

this is supposed to be a higher resolution version. I can't see the interaction w Ziminski

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw...x2Hq_JN2X.mp4?tag=12

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

also: Both of the pictures on page 28 are "enhanced" versions of the original. The original is not shown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post